Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2015 10:36:11 PM EDT
Went by the local gun shop and they were running a sale on certain items...I have always wanted a 1911 and have been looking at some budget ones Rock Island and so forth. Came across a  Brand New 1911 priced at $659.00 it was a Kimber Custom II .45. I asked them to hold it for me, pretty good deal?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
While I own two Kimber 1911's I bought the first one not know a whole lot about 1911's in general and bought the second one only because it was way to good of a deal to pass up.

Things to beware of about Kimber one is the 1 year warranty they offer on the pistol vs Springfield in the same price bracket offers lifetime and great CS to back it up.  The other thing that I dislike about a stock Kimber is the corners they cut on cost for instances plastic main spring housings.  They also use propriety cuts for their sights so that limits the available sights you can use.

Stainless Target II and Grand Raptor II
If I was going to buy another Kimber it would be the Warrior otherwise in production 1911's Springfield, STI, or Dan Wesson/CZ
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I own two Kimber 1911's I bought the first one not know a whole lot about 1911's in general and bought the second one only because it was way to good of a deal to pass up.

Things to beware of about Kimber one is the 1 year warranty they offer on the pistol vs Springfield in the same price bracket offers lifetime and great CS to back it up.  The other thing that I dislike about a stock Kimber is the corners they cut on cost for instances plastic main spring housings.  They also use propriety cuts for their sights so that limits the available sights you can use.

If I was going to buy another Kimber it would be the Warrior otherwise in production 1911's Springfield, STI, or Dan Wesson/CZ
View Quote

Sound advice.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sound advice.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sound advice.  

I must agree.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that one of the Black Friday two-tone models?  I am curious about those as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good price to me, think they are usually $700 to $750.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top