Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2015 6:12:41 PM EDT
I'm strongly contemplating adding a Kimber Ultra Carry II 9MM to my collection. Any thoughts one way or the other? It would be an occasional concealed carry gun. I had a Colt Defender and it was not very reliable so I'm hesitant to buy another 3" 45 ACP. Thanks in advance for your comments.

hker71
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Small 1911 pistol have you considered also the Springfield EMP?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I actually went to a couple gun stores and checked out the Defender 9MM, the EMP and the Kimber Ultra Carry II and I have decided on the Kimber. The Springfield EMP was a close second. There were too many sharp edges on the Defender. Thanks for the comment.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty on the EMP as well. That stupid extended ambi safety sucks. I had the off side ground off as it was impinging on my index finger..but in the end the grip was just too small for me. If I am going to compromise on grip comfort I don't need to carry a pistol heavier than needed... I went with Walther PPS. Significantly more comfortable in all aspects. If I ever go with 1911 it will be light weight commander size.. My .02.
My EMP did not like 115's. FTE on occasion. 147's never an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top