Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2015 12:08:27 PM EDT
Gander has a "custom type II" at $750.00. Is it that a good price? I think I have decided on a Kimber, (as of today anyway).
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems about right.

I have a Kimber Custom II. It's really nothing special, the only reason I still own it is because it was my first handgun and I've been slowly making changes to it and would like to use it as a base to turn into something special. Why are you interested in that brand and model specifically?
Mine has a 17% chance of a feeding failure using any sort of hollow points.
View Quote
Yikes. So, you have 17 failures out of every 2 "50 boxes" or 5 "20 boxes" of any kind of hollow point? I would send it back unless I was using crap ammo at the time. I would stop shooting that ammo after about 5 or so failires. I spoke with several Kimber owner's that shoot at the same range that claim less than one failure in three or four hundred FMJ, and none with their choice of sd ammo. They seem like they are not bullshitters. I don't see them jacking with their guns constantly, or ever for that matter. They claim that they are bone stock.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#4]
So, are you saying your gun is worthless for sd? 17% failure with sd ammo ehh?
I want a 1911 for a range gun. That, and I don't have a .45. Your input is appreciated, but way off what other 1911 shooters that I speak with claim.
NH, I have kin there. The snow piles melted what, about June 1 or so.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear you. It is hard to sort the facts from opinions. The short warranty is not a strong point.
A local smith claims he can make any quality 1911 reliable and accurate for a few hundred dollars. He had mentioned the Kimber, Remington, Springer, and S&W at about the $1k price point. I am not sure that I believe that $1k won't buy a good 1911 out of the box.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top