Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 7:56:59 PM EDT
" />
I have my first 1911 in 45acp so just wondering what weights of ammo works best,I plan on gold dots for pd but what is good for range? Only bitch is on the slide where they put the sticker left a mark due to uv light from the case but no biggie,they need not put those stickers on a firearm imp if that beam is in your eye you're on the business end for good reason. Lmk on the ammo thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Also if frog lube good to use throughout,if not I have x9 pro. Lmk.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Gold dots ruined my covert custom ii feed ramp.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gold dots ruined my covert custom ii feed ramp.  Good luck.
View Quote

How so and what would a good alternative be. So all hp ammo will ruin the ramp? I'm not understanding how a GD could ruin a ramp. I would also like to know what the damage was on yours and after how many rounds?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It gouged the hell out of my feedramp and I couldn't get it to feed anything but FMJ or Hornady Critcal Duty after.  Sold it at a $500 loss with full disclosure to the buyer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been reading and see what you mean,I will be using Winchester pdx1.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I know its slightly different but I run PDX-1's and hydra-shoks in my pro carry 2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top