Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2014 10:33:02 PM EDT
I bought the 8 Rd  kimpro tac mag and when I insert it ,  it won't seat properly when the slide is Fwd.  When it's to the rear no problem.  If I only load 7 rounds in the mag it will fit and click Into place regardless if the slide is Fwd or to the rear.  Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone else experience this?  The kimber I have is the custom covert 2

" />
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it is just tight and needs more force.  There is only one mag company I use in my Kimbers now because they have never let me down.

Tripp Research, Inc.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several of the 8 rnd. kimpro tac mags and they function great.  My only would be with the base pads falling off.  If try and tighten scews to much they strip so I use some Guntite.  They still fall off at times so I guess something more permanent is needed.

The only others I use are Wilson 47d....never a problem.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the same problem. Just give it a whack.

Did yours come with the replacement base plates?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes they came with some replacement base plates to.  Have they broken in for you, or are they still tight
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I use Tripp in all three 1911's. All three 2 Kimber 1 Springfield all have magwell's and the Tripp fits perfect. Also don't like screw in base plates.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used the 8rd. Kimpro Tac mags in multiple brands of 1911s. They always seat well with no failures of any kind. The bodies are shorter than some 8rd. mags which is why they need a tap to seat them on a closed slide, but it doesn't need much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top