Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2013 7:58:07 PM EDT
Hello guys. I picked this beauty up in trade for a Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm. I have traded several nice guns with this fine gentleman, but it was hard giving the Aegis up...lol. He finally talked me out of it though, and I am glad he did. Before sending me the gun, he sent the slide to Novaks to have new night sights installed to replace the burned out Meps on the CDP. THEY ARE LIGHTYEARS BETTER THAN THE MEPS and look great on this gun. I hope to get to the range soon, but it will probably be next week. Bill, if you reading this, thanks again for another fine trade.

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a fine lookn little pistol, hows it shoot?
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.

I like how they "melted" the CDP to remove all the sharp edges, so it has that "bar of soap" look and feel to it.

Give us the range report when you get it please.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. I finally got mine running failure free a few days ago and it is sweet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That right there Sir, makes want to get another Kimber...

I love the rounded off look!
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 4:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxxII] [#5]
I love my Kimber Elite Carry which was the CDP, but only available as a custom shop order in 1998.
It shhots raggedy one hole groups regularly. The gun is definately more capable than I am.

ETA- congrats on your trade! That's a fine looking gun!
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Can we get more pictures and info on the sights? I have the same Ultra CDP Series 1. I love it. And I love the sights, but I'm open for options... I'll post some pictures of mine in a bit. It's actually got the compact Ageis Grips on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MCStone1979:
Can we get more pictures and info on the sights? I have the same Ultra CDP Series 1. I love it. And I love the sights, but I'm open for options... I'll post some pictures of mine in a bit. It's actually got the compact Ageis Grips on it.
View Quote

Pics:

A shot of the extended slide release...
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Love those melt jobs!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
Love those melt jobs!
View Quote

Its cool that this has more melt than the Series II guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4nut] [#10]
I own the  CDP II,  it's got a carry bevel,  but not like those.   I  really like the extreme melt.

eta:  if you get tired of that gun,  remember that I am interested.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
I own the  CDP II,  it's got a carry bevel,  but not like those.   I  really like the extreme melt.

eta:  if you get tired of that gun,  remember that I am interested.
View Quote

Wow....someone dug this thread up from the grave.. She is my daily carry and just came off my hip for the night.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:54:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a series II from early 2001, it has the same melt job.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my Series 1 Ultra CDP Custom Shop I carry it on occation.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#15]
They don't make them like that anymore. The melt is not as aggressive on cdp ii models.

Enjoy it!

V
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#16]
That's a beauty...looks like a very comfortable carry pistol.
Gotta love those pre-series II models!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreshPrince] [#17]
I just got a CDP series 1 compact for a pretty good price, and was originally going to trade it but I kinda like it. It does have a bad idiot scratch from the slide stop. maybe I'll get it refinished.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Great little pistol there.
I've got the CDP ii.
Anything other than the soapbar melt that sets the i and the ii apart?

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I just sold the last of my Kimbers a few months ago and seeing this makes me miss the last one I held on to for the past 10 years. It was a Crimson Trace Ultra and the main reason I sold it is because I'm a lefty and it did not have an ambi safety. I trained around that but, it wasn't ideal. I do plan on possibly picking up another down the road though seeing that I've never had one failure with any of the ones I owned.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top