Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2013 12:14:51 AM EDT
After having gifted to my Dad my Colt series 80 that I've owned for more than 20 years, I finally bought a Kimber Custom II, 1911 to fill that void I've carried for 4 years now! Despite all the negative comments made on various forums, I decided to go for it! BEST DECISION I COULD HAVE MADE! the gun shot flawlessly and performed as one would expect it to!! I've owned 1911's almost all my life and this one is just as bit as good or better than some of the ones vie owned!

On her maiden voyage to the range, I Shot 150 rounds of factory 230 hardball without a single hiccup.  I did pre clean and used a teflon lubricant before heading out  also, the kimber mag leaves a lot of to be desired for.  SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!    
</a>" />

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice group!!!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice group!!!

Mike
View Quote

1000yards, I bet..............
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice shooting!  I like mine as well.  Just wish it didnt rust so easily.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice group!!!

Mike

Actually it was 1000cm  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Folks!  Gonna try to get to the range this weekend & put a few more down the pipe.......
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Great gun, very accurate.  I miss mine.  :)
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I keep mine well lubricated and have zero rust. I'm relatively new to guns and I researched both my Kimber 1911 and AR15
on this site and learned to keep them well lubed, especially the 1911.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

How and where are you storing it? Some lube and a dehumidifier should  fix that problem
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My TLE II had rust issues after I first got it.

I switched from CLP to Mobil 1 and removed all existing rust with a scotchbrite pad. Its been my carry gun for the past year now and the rust hasn't came back. I keep it really wet with the mobil 1 though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I love Kimber Custom TLE II more than all my other Kimbers.

Kimber Custom TLE II

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love Kimber Custom TLE II more than all my other Kimbers.

Kimber Custom TLE II

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/MontanaVet/KimberTLE.jpg

View Quote

My cousin bought a Kimber II Target Gold about two years ago, and has put about 1500-2000
rounds through it. No complaints.

I liked it so much, that TODAY I will pick up my own "Kimber Custom II TLE"...

I originally wanted a Springfield Armory Range Officer, but it is no longer
"authorized" for importation into the People's Republic of California...

I thought I'd Jump on the Kimber before it was too late...

I think you'll have many happy years with your Kimber-congratualtions...!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I am with you, If you listen to the many on the forums who have had problems you would run from the Kimber. I now have two the 5 inch TLE/RL and the Tactical Ultra II and both have been flawless. I had to add the amp. safety on the TLE since I am a lefty and added the VZ thin grips on both. I have re learned not to listen to others but to find out on your own. Enjoy your Kimber and treat yourself and get another.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Love my TLE/RL and its a great shooter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I like mine, I'm shoot it in a steel shoot tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 2:29:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l539/Mark_Neville/champion005.jpg
Love my TLE/RL and its a great shooter.
View Quote

Nice!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 2:33:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Added a VZ grips. Not totally sold on the color though but, it's growing on me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I just acquired my custom II, and I am very pleased as well. My regret is I waited so long to get into the 1911 platform!

Regards,
Adam
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:18:01 AM EDT
[#18]
i do like my custom II, but it still leaves a lot to be desired... i hardly use the standard mag and purchased 4 10 rd chip McCormick mags when i first got my gun... can't tell you how many FTF and slide locks i've had all on the last round of those magazines... i've done everything from adjust my grip to make sure i'm not hitting the slide stop to using my bro in laws chip mags to making sure i'm not limp wristing ... it's still hit or miss on that last round.. i've gone through over 1000 rounds, and actually my last time at the range i didn't have any issues... and yes i do clean and lube that sucker, clean well and keep her wet... it is tight as a virgin and i'm hoping the break in was more at like 1000 rounds than at 500 like the manufacturer says... still like the 1911, just wish i had the confidence it would work as well as it should...

oh, sorry for hijacking.... glad you love your custom II, OP... i do really like 1911s (and i'm a big glock guy, too)... just wish i had your luck!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I lose my TLE II in about 11 months! It is the first 1911 my oldest daughter shot. She walked the first mag from left to center across the base line. Her next mag knocked out the 9/10ring.

She looked at me and said, "Dad, my 21st bday present right?"

It is absolutely the smoothest and most accurate 1911 I have ever shot....now how the heck do I replace it??!?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a post with picture of my 5 inch TLE/RL up half a page. I had a problem with the grip safety not engaging all the time since adding the light. Had to adjust my grip but still had problems. Added the Ed Brown with memory bump and problem solved, no further issues with the grip safety. I have shot it much more since the original post and both my Kimbers have been great. My next Kimber would be the Gold Combat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top