Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 3:20:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TXRR] [#1]
Just thought I would chime in and ask a quick question, I'm the proud owner of a Magnum Research Compact polymer Baby Desert Eagle.

Specifications:
Caliber: 40 S&W
Action: Double/Single Action
Capacity: 10 Rounds
Safety: Ambidextrous Thumb & Decocking Safety
Finish: Black
Frame: Compact Polymer has Polymer Frame
Barrel Compact & Compact Polymer-3.64"
Sights: Combat
Grips:  3.25"-Compact & Compact Polymer
Overall Compact & Compact Polymer-7.25"
Overall Width: 1.125"
Overall Compact & Compact Polymer-5"
Weight: Compact Polymer-1 lb 11 ozs

Manufacturer Item #: MR9400BL

My question is this, Has anyone here used the meprolight nights sights for the BDE? If so how is the fit?

Magnum Research

Magnum Reaserch Tru-Dot® Night Sight
TD Baby Eagle fixed set
CAT # ML - 19595

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a 'guaranteed' aftermarket mag for the full sized baby desert eagle in 9mm? By guaranteed, I mean a mag that will give reliable function and hold the slide open when empty. In reading this thread it isn't clear to me that the Mec-gars will work.

Does anyone have the final word on this?

Jake
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have access to a welder, or a friend who has one, you can modify the slide release so that both Tanfoglio and Magnum Research Followers will hold the slide back. All you have to do is add material to the lug that the follower engages. Took me about 15 minutes to weld, file, and re-blue the piece.... Here's pics.

These are .40, but it should be the same scenario...

This is a picture of the difference in the two followers Magnum Research original on the right, aftermarket on the left.

This is a picture of the magazine in the gun with the slide removed. The arrows point to the original lug on the slide release, and the extension I welded on.

I did this about three years ago, and it has had no ill effects on the pistol for at least 1000 rounds. Now I can just buy the cheaper mags and they will work flawlessly as well as the original Magnum Research magazines working also.
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a baby eagle .45 an the extractor sheard off. just broke the tip off. any one know where i can buy another if not through magnum research? i tried to go to brownells.com an no luck. thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Try Charles Daly - they are the new distributors.

I found Magnum Research to be RUDE and USELESS as far as parts support or repair.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a big issue with alot of guns on trigger reach. Anyone with stubby fingers able to comment? Ive handled a older "UZI Eagle" and it felt like a decent reach.
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Im fairly new to AR15.com and Guns in general.  I have heard a little bit about the Baby Eagle, but i was wondering how one would compare to something like a USP .45 or a beretta 9mm?
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never had much experience with either of those guns, but my full sized steel .40 BE is definitely my go to SHTF pistol. I would rate it as about the same level of quality and comfort as I have found in Beretta's I've fired, but again, I don't have any experience with either in 9mm. A .40 Beretta is on my list of things to get. I would say between them and the BE you should get whichever you think is cooler as they both seem great to me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm picking up a semi-compact poly Jericho this month, I intend to use it for CCW. Although the OP was informative, I'm wondering what is considered the best IWB holster for that purpose?
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Raven Concealment has holsters for the Baby Eagles now.

http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_92&products_id=1581
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered my RC holster back in July and it finally came in last week.  The full size BE9 is still my most accurate autoloader and I am looking forward to carrying it more now that I have a holster actually made for it instead of various ones made for a G17/22 or M9.

The Raven holster was definitely worth the wait.  It fits perfectly, retention is great, and with a long shirt/jacket, I can conceal the BE just as well as my G19 in a SuperTuck.

Now I just need to look at sight options again.  I'm happy with my Trijicon and Mepro sights for my Glocks, but I'm thinking I'd rather go with a target or fiber optic style sight for this gun as I rarely carry it at night.

I will try to get some pics up soon.  In the meantime, anyone considering the RC holster should not hesitate as it was well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Hello everyone, just thought i would stop by and post a PIC of my EDC, enjoy

My EDC,  HF1 Belt Holster in Black Cherry
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/TXROADRUNNER01/CompleteDC.jpg

Desert Baby Eagle .40 Cal with Polymer Frame
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/TXROADRUNNER01/DCDBE40.jpg

Close up of HF1 with Texas Concho
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/TXROADRUNNER01/CIMG0395.jpg

DBE in HF1
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/TXROADRUNNER01/DBEHOLSTER.jpg

Magazine and Surefire light pouch (G2 LED with polymer body)
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/TXROADRUNNER01/DCMAG_LIGHT.jpg

Triumph N.E.C.K Tactical Knife with 2.75 inch blade
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/TXROADRUNNER01/TriumphNECK.jpg

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up my first steel 9mm BDE after turning 21. I am very happy with the purchase.

For holsters and what not, I just went straight to the source and bought from zahal. They have all kinds of Jericho/Baby Eagle gear, from holsters to a recoil reduction kit (still have to test). It's an Israeli Army site, and the selection is quite nice. Prices for the products and shipping are also competitive. As common sense would dictate, it is a longer wait for shipping though, as it comes from Tel Aviv.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got my new IWI holster! I love it. the plastic feels tougher than kydex and the retention device is crisp. im worried it might remove some of the paint but im loving how secure it feels. the paddle is nice but i also got the molle and belt attachments, they all feel gtg. keep you guys posted after i hit the range.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 2:18:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I got the tactical tailor modular holster and shoulder harness for my full size baby eagle .40.  I called them up and their great customer service rep told me to order the HK USP9/40 full size holster, and sure enough, it fit like a glove.  It's perfect for hikes around the beautiful PNW!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7291/9294316333_9cf7bfc803.jpg
20130713_133704 by phatalbert602, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Placeholder for pics, just ordered an aliengear iwb holster, not sure when it will actually be here.  I'll report back and post pics when it does.

Link to Alien Gear Holster
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlanBolin602:
Placeholder for pics, just ordered an aliengear iwb holster, not sure when it will actually be here.  I'll report back and post pics when it does.

View Quote

New 9mm steel semi compact (baby?) Desert Eagle owner here.
How do you like the Aliengear holster?
How long did it take to arrive?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BlahX3:

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlahX3:

Thanks

Nice, I bet 9mm is even smoother with the steel frame, I'd love to try one of those out.  Hope you enjoy it!  As for the aliengear holster, the leather is a little thick, but for the price, it's very nice in fit and finish.  It took about six weeks to reach me.  The only problem I have with it is, well, the Baby Eagle.  For me (I'm 5'11", 175lbs), it's too heavy to carry IWB comfortably.  I'm still going to try to adjust the cant and wearing it at a couple of different positions.  I think I'm going to look at getting a nice leather shoulder holster, since that's more comfortable for me.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:58:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: racer766] [#21]
Any current holster opinions?  Will need a holster for a steel frame full size with rail Jericho .40 S&W.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By racer766:
Any current holster opinions?  Will need a holster for a steel frame full size no rail Jericho .40 S&W.
View Quote

I picked one up from IDF holsters. I ordered on Black Friday and I just received my holster this past week. I called and emailed them repeatedly looking for an updated shipping estimate-and never got one. I eventually started the chargeback process because they had my money and I wasn't convinced they would ever ship. Then my holsters showed up in the mail...so their customer service sucks but I eventually got what I ordered.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Herkdriver:

I picked one up from IDF holsters. I ordered on Black Friday and I just received my holster this past week. I called and emailed them repeatedly looking for an updated shipping estimate-and never got one. I eventually started the chargeback process because they had my money and I wasn't convinced they would ever ship. Then my holsters showed up in the mail...so their customer service sucks but I eventually got what I ordered.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Herkdriver:
Any current holster opinions?  Will need a holster for a steel frame full size with rail Jericho .40 S&W.

Ugh.  Any US sellers?  

edited - it's got a rail in the usual place in front of the trigger guard...
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:40:48 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I'd check out Alien Gear.  I have one of the older holsters, and it's held up well over the couple years I've had it.  However, the newer Cloak Tuck 3.0 holsters are supposed to be way more comfortable.

Alien Gear
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#25]

I'd check out Alien Gear.  I have one of the older holsters, and it's held up well over the couple years I've had it.  However, the newer Cloak Tuck 3.0 holsters are supposed to be way more comfortable.

Alien Gear
View All Quotes

Alien Gear

That looks pretty good, and I like made in usa...  

I found a Frontline owb on ebay, comes from CA.  Should be here Thursday.  When I need a iwb (after I get my concealed permit) I'm going to buy the Alien Gear.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 2:02:26 AM EDT
[#26]

I found a Frontline owb on ebay, comes from CA.  Should be here Thursday.  When I need a iwb (after I get my concealed permit) I'm going to buy the Alien Gear.  Thank you!
View All Quotes

Alien Gear

So the Frontline has the grip of the pistol sticking out no matter where I put it.  In front of the side belt loop, on it with the belt loop in the middle of the "paddle" or behind.  I like my Uncle Mike's holsters better for the Sig 2340 and Ruger P89, the guns ride higher and more against me.  I can ALMOST get away with them under a coat.  

This is the black leather covered, suede lined version.  There is no positive click in/out of the holster, just a gradual "grab" as it goes in.  

Iowa has multiple bills going through the Statehouse right now, including making concealed permits confidential.  Right now the liberal antigun bonehead Gazette publishes everyone's name who gets a concealed weapons permit in the newspaper.

I'll pick up a Fobus roto and adjustable holster next.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#27]
http://henningshop.com/products/magazine-upgrade-kit-for-baby-eagle-40-sw#productTabs

These look promising?  16 rounds in the magazine sounds good for the two mags I keep in the double mag paddle holster.  Anyone used these guys mag kits?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone making threaded barrels?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top