Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2017 9:26:02 PM EDT
Should I trade my Colt Sporter Target 20" for a .50ae DE? Looks like an older DE, my Colt is a '94 but just missed being a pre-ban
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it worth it to you? Personally I would take that deal in a heartbeat. But if you have to ask the question, maybe not for you?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel like it's a good deal, and the Colt was an impulse buy. Just curious what others who own them would have to say
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]
AR's are very affordable right now. Deagles are not.
And that caliber is probably the most in demand in a Desert Eagle.

I say trade.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
And with the price per round of .50AE, your Desert Eagle will quickly become a safe queen.

Bought a .44 magnum and .50AE combo over ten years ago. Use the .44 magnum about once a year, often sharing with strangers at the range.

Once the novelty of shooting the .50AE wore off in three to four range trips, that barrel has not been used again. Everyone wants to try it but no one wants to cover the ammunition.

No, I don't reload. How many would have to be reloaded to pay off the investment in reloading dies, etc.?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And with the price per round of .50AE, your Desert Eagle will quickly become a safe queen.

No, I don't reload. How many would have to be reloaded to pay off the investment in reloading dies, etc.?
View Quote
I load plated bullets in the .50 for around 30¢ each. New ammo is $1.50 to $2 each.

How much can you get some used reloading equipment for?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell yeah trade that bish!

But yes it will sit in thew safe mostly.  Mine does. Ammo is too damn high...And honestly after 2 mags the recoil gets tiring to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two 44 mag DE s    Love them.  But never wanted the .50 ..to much power...to much expense..hard to find ammo, at least around here.
I reload for the 44 s.. easy to find components....50  not so much. In fact, have never seen any .50 bullets for reloading .
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Well,,,  if you were already into reloading, all you would need to buy are the dies - so you'd probably be covered after reloading only 3 or 4 boxes.  I suppose the better question is how many calibers do you shoot where reloading would result in tremendous savings?  If you only shoot 9mm & 5.56x45 then reloading wouldn't be worth the trouble.  However, if you own and shoot lots of expensive-to-buy calibers like .45-70 .348win .44mag .50ae etc - well, you get the point.

For me, reloading (started in 1981) has totally made my world of shooting far, far more enjoyable and affordable.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for triggering a rabbit trail about reloading.

Back to the original question. How can we or why should we tell the OP what to decide when that is solely based on his personal values and priorities? Except we like to spout off.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top