Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2016 3:30:16 PM EDT
I picked this up in trade a few weeks ago, came with the goofball 10" factory barrel and this aftermarket (read cheap) 6" barrel.   Initially almost every round would fail to feed at a 45* angle.  Ammo type or grain didn't matter.
So after sitting down and studying it, I realized the inside of the chamber was rather rough and causing the round to stick.  After some careful time with a small buffer wheel and some Mother's, I polish the feed ramps and the inside of the chamber.
Seems to have fixed the fail to feed issue, but I'm still having a few problems with the slide closing all the way.  It seems like the 240gr handloads I made were a tad on the weak side to make it cycle, but I'll give it a try with some hotter rounds in a few weeks.

Currently it's at a local shop waiting to get cerakoted, as the chrome was neat at first, but I grew tired of it after a few days.
I did snap this exposure though to preserve the memory of the chrome and black combo.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like a new factory xix barrel with break. Are you sure that it's aftermarket? I wish my gun was chrome or gold, but alas I'm just a simpleton!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking cannon I enjoy shooting the Desert Eagle, most impractical, but super fun!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! I've been thinking about getting one in .50ae. Because reasons
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I assumed it was aftermarket because the machining left a lot to be desired, and the barrel extension is held in place by a tiny flat head screw, not a monster sized pin like on the 10".
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The DE is gas operated and gets dirty easily. I got my plain black one nickel boron coated by WMD Guns, which shortened cleaning time considerably. They charged their standard 1911 rates. You might miss the ease of cleaning chrome.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...and the barrel extension is held in place by a tiny flat head screw, not a monster sized pin like on the 10".
View Quote

Can you post a picture of the screw you're taking about?

Is it viewed from the rear of the barrel, around 7 o'clock to the chamber? If so, that's the plug where they drilled the gas tube. There is no barrel extension on the newer barrels. They are now 1-piece barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top