Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2016 8:37:54 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I sold my 44 Deagle and pickup a 50 XIX.  I bought it more as a toy, but I'm going to try to kill a deer with it this fall/winter.  

My question is, is there much accuracy difference in the 10" and 6" barrels?  I'm also probably going to add some sort of optic to it, so I can make sure I'm on target.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Accuracy difference?  Probably negligible, if at all.  Just a little more velocity.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My question is, is there much accuracy difference in the 10" and 6" barrels?  I'm also probably going to add some sort of optic to it, so I can make sure I'm on target.
View Quote

Accuracy will be the same.  The longer sight radius on the 10" barrel is negated by the scope. Pick whichever one feels / handles the best for you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  Ya saved me 450$ LOL

I'll probably still buy it and see if I can grab a Bowers 50 before the election :-D
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll probably still buy it and see if I can grab a Bowers 50 before the election :-D
View Quote

You know you want to.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know you want to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/GarrettJ/Desert%20Eagle/DSCN0376.jpg

Yeah, you are what got this whole crazy idea into my head.  As if a 1300$ gun wasn't bad enough, now i need to spend another 1200 to suppress it LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, you are what got this whole crazy idea into my head.  As if a 1300$ gun wasn't bad enough, now i need to spend another 1200 to suppress it LOL
View Quote

Hahaha. It's a disease.

Actually, not to dissuade you but it's really not the best gun to suppress. You get a lot of gas (and noise) out of the gas port. Kind of like shooting a AK suppressed. The gasses exiting through the can quiet down okay, but the gasses that cycle the gun don't. And I get enough blowback from the ejection port to make my eyes water.

Also, it makes for kind of a long pistol.  It makes a suppressed Glock look tiny.

Having did that, I have an idea of how to build and install a buttstock on this thing. I just need to make friends with a machinist. Then I'll need to SBR the gun (you know, spend even more money )

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought the 10" because it was below dealer cost on sale back in December.  For $300 or so you can buy the 6" barrel & have both like I do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought the 10" because it was below dealer cost on sale back in December.  For $300 or so you can buy the 6" barrel & have both like I do.
View Quote

I cant find the 10" for less than about 450, and thats on gunbroker.  if i could find it for 300$ I'd do it so I could swap the scope onto the 10" and keep the 6" for plinking.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Prices have gone up a little I see...maybe you can find a deal.  google the 10" part number....
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The 6 inch is better for concealed carry.

Personally I have been looking for one of the mythical 14 inch barrels, for the possibility of deer hunting with it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Personally I have been looking for one of the mythical 14 inch barrels, for the possibility of deer hunting with it.
View Quote

There's one on Ebay right now.

You need a MK-I or MK-VII for that barrel. They won't work on the MK -XIX guns.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately mine is a mk-xix, I do believe, whatever the current production one is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unfortunately mine is a mk-xix, I do believe, whatever the current production one is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They never made any 14" barrels for the MK-XIX. At least none that I'm aware of. You're limited to 6" and 10" with that setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top