Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2015 1:42:01 PM EDT
Looking for a good looking belt holster for my .50 DE. I found something that I like but don't know who makes this. See below
Might be a Milt Sparks. Definitely don't want an IWB for this big anchor. However, the shark looking texture and color complement the gun.

What do you guys use?

Holster
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I found some discussion here.

I think I'd like some kind of leather shoulder holster if I was to wear the DE around for any length of time. The ones offered by Magnum Research are the only ones I'm aware of, but I haven't really looked.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my holster and mag pouch from desert eagle store . you need to have a sturdy belt because it is a big load . I use a wilderness tactical instructor belt .
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
JWB, How does that ride after a few hours. I am looking for something fairly comfortable for a day in the field. I want something that wont wear me down or feel like a concrete block after an hour or two. I like your set up.

I am not a huge fan of shoulder holsters. However, I am kind of considering it a little. I was wondering how a belt mounted holster would be on ATV's or climbing through the woods. Short periods of time at the range doesn't give me time to really get the feel of such a large gun. With "normal" size handguns, I have not had an issue with belt holsters. 1911's and blackhawks all rode well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
JWB, How does that ride after a few hours. I am looking for something fairly comfortable for a day in the field. I want something that wont wear me down or feel like a concrete block after an hour or two. I like your set up.

I am not a huge fan of shoulder holsters. However, I am kind of considering it a little. I was wondering how a belt mounted holster would be on ATV's or climbing through the woods. Short periods of time at the range doesn't give me time to really get the feel of such a large gun. With "normal" size handguns, I have not had an issue with belt holsters. 1911's and blackhawks all rode well.
View Quote

Its a big pistol and you are going to know its there reguardless of the holster you put it in . Where I live my property has steep ravines covered with hardwoods and thick under growth  and if you leave the yard you will be walking up hill to get back to the house no matter what direction you go I spent probably 4 hours friday walking and picking mushrooms and took the desert eagle its much easier than dragging along a rifle or shotgun , I was up and down the watersheds and constantly bending over or getting down on my knees to pick mushrooms the pistol really wasnt an issue . I cant say it enough a good quality stiff belt will make all the difference in the world . I use to just pack a browning buckmark when out and about but it seems hogs are traveling across my property , the black bear population is slowly but surely expanding and moutain lion sightings and encounters are becoming more frequent I decided to pack a little more heat .
As far as riding a 4 wheeler the holster rides high enough its not an issue getting on or off my artic cat 4 wheeler .
One more thing get a quality belt .
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you. I have the belt covered. I use a double thick leather belt reinforced in the middle with Kydex 1 1/2" wide.
I also ordered a Milt Sparks belt in another color.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered one of the Blade Tech's after a lot of looking and googling the depths of the internet.  I'd never used a BT before, so I got it with the quick BT belt attachment or whatever they call it where you flip the lock then pinch to open and put it on your belt, snap it back together and lock it... that one anyways... the belts I had weren't strong enough for that without twisting and poking me, so I got a paddle attachment and it's great now, and I'm used to that kind of setup because my other regular Blackhawk SERPA is set up as a paddle.  

If I'm going to be trekking through the wilderness with it and have other stuff in my pockets etc... I invested $8 into a pair of suspenders from Walmart that really help to keep my pants from falling down.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Blade Tech OWB belt holster with the Sting Ray belt loop...  

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24&osCsid=i4b4m7f18vrahfdq3kqhac13m7#.VZdWrnnbKew  

I sold my Desert Eagle to buy one of the new ones with the picatinny rail for a weapon light and had to make some modifications to this holster to fit the new DE. But, it now fits the new DE .50 pistol. I also have Blade Tech magazine carriers for the DE pistol.

I really like the Blade Tech holster, I just wished they made their new Eclipse model holster for the DE pistol because that holster pulls the pistol in toward your body to make is more concealable.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I just use the standard DE nylon holster.  Nothing fancy but functional.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top