Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2015 7:56:15 PM EDT
I'm interested in getting a 9mm Baby Eagle with the steel frame, but I want to ensure that the reliability, accuracy, etc. live up to my expectations.  What have your experiences been with the Baby Eagles with steel frames?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an original Jericho 941 model and it has been fantastic in most regards. It is accurate, easy shooting with its heavy steel frame, and reliable with any ammo I have put through it. The only negatives are its heavy weight makes it not my first choice for a carry pistol, and the finish seems pretty thin a lot of older or well use pistols have worn bluing and or rust.

There are a few articles from Shot show 2015 saying IWI is bringing the Jericho 941 back to the US market, that should mean a cheaper source for "Baby Eagles".

Another thing about them is they are not an exact CZ-75 clone, the pretty much function the same, but they have some different parts and are like the Tanfoglio's.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They are built from Tanfoglio parts.  Slides and magazines interchange 100%.  I run a Tanfoglio large frame 22 conversion on my 45 Baby Eagle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a Baby Eagle in .40 for about four years now.  It's been nothing but reliable and accurate.  The finish has held up really well.  Only issue I've had is the rear sight has shifted a little on me after a couple thousand rounds, but I'm replacing the factory sights with Meprolights in the next week.  Hopefully they hold up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are built from Tanfoglio parts.  Slides and magazines interchange 100%.  I run a Tanfoglio large frame 22 conversion on my 45 Baby Eagle.
View Quote

Are you saying that I should just buy a Tanfoglio?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top