Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 9:59:19 AM EDT
I know the Aimpoint T1 is popular but it's also $600-$700. Any suggestions for around $200 that can take the punishment of a .50AE?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info.

I've used an EoTech 512 (still a little above your price range) and a Bushnell Holosight (smaller un-armored version of the EoTech) on a .44 barrel, and both have held up just fine.

I've been thinking of trying a Bushnell TRS-25 on either the .357 barrel or the .50 barrel.  I wonder how the warranty is if I kill it on the .50?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Great suggestions, the EoTech is nice, I'll pay more if it can take the punishment. I really like the Bushnell. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great suggestions, the EoTech is nice, I'll pay more if it can take the punishment. I really like the Bushnell. Thanks
View Quote

The down-side is the EoTech is big and heavy.  The newer models are not as large, but it's still a big optic.  

I like the Holosight, but they have been out of production for some time.  They can still be found, though.  They use the less-common N batteries.  And they tend to run down over time, even when not in use. That is the one I'm using now, because of the size.  I have gotten in the habit of storing it with the batteries out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
i have used the Aimpoint Pro, it's a bit less, at around 400, so not quite your 200 target, but not too many that you will be able to count on to handle the big rounds.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Another I have seen used that is likely to be rugged enough would be the Trijicon RMR, although that is still well above the $200 range
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
if glass is an option, the weaver pistol scope is decent;

i have this one, haven't shot it a lot yet, but so far it is easy to set up and zeroed easily.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/170895/weaver-classic-pistol-scope-2x-28mm-dual-x-reticle-silver

makes more sense on the long barrel.

here is a pic with the Aimpoint Pro;

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I ran my Vortex Strikefire on mine for a while, never had an issue and now toss the Eotech on it every once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The Ultra-Dot's work nicely in either 30mm or 1" tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top