Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2014 2:34:43 PM EDT
Two months ago I bought a Desert Eagle brushed chrome version, the beginning it was a very beautiful very shiny gun, I put it on my computer desk as a craft to watch, But I found that it become not look the same, the gun began signs of corrosion, Then I wrote an email to magnum research hopes to solve this problem, because at least I have not seen a chrome-plated surface rust at room temperature, but their customer service bad to not imagine. They replied to me the chrome is metal, so it will rust, Once again, I ask them Is the air of my house is more corrosive than sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid? Then they shirk their responsibilities immediately said it was because I did not give the gun a layer of oil.
So I hope for help, what can I do now if they continue to shirk their responsibilities and not repair, how should I handle this event, I want to take legal proceedings, but did not know how. Then I hope when you want to buy a Desert Eagle at the time, please consider carefully!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This is their reply to my e-mail, Please note this is a chrome plated gun, and only bought two months.

If it is not properly maintained it will rust. Chrome is a metal that can
easily rust if not maintained. We would be happy to address the magazine
release but the finish would not be covered under warranty. If the gun is
not properly oiled it will continue to rust as well.

Chrome is porous to some degree. What is corroding is the metal beneath the
thin plating. This does not happen to a gun that is well oiled.

Please refer to the warranty information on page 28 of your owner's manual
(attached.)  Failure to provide proper care and maintenance is not covered
under the 1 year factory warranty. A gun that is properly oiled will not
rust. If you would like to have the gun refinished in brushed chrome the
cost will be $500
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Acids in your skin, and moisture in the air will cause rust.  Should keep a coating of good quality oil on it.  Specifically an oil meant to prevent rust.  Looks like you'll need to take better care of it.  I've gotten a brand new barrel that had rust in it just from sitting in a warehouse for a little while.  It happens.  

No need to yell in a large font, either.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
that all WILL buff out
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Acids in your skin, and moisture in the air will cause rust.  Should keep a coating of good quality oil on it.  Specifically an oil meant to prevent rust.  Looks like you'll need to take better care of it.  I've gotten a brand new barrel that had rust in it just from sitting in a warehouse for a little while.  It happens.  

No need to yell in a large font, either.
View Quote

I second the large font thing made me feel like i was seeing nothing when i read the comments.

Also shoot the damn thing and your barrel wont look that rusty.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
0000 extra fine steel wool will take care of that rust.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
large font just for easier to read.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have never let it get that way to begin with. You can 0000 steel wool it then keep it oiled and shoot the thing like the awesomeness that it is.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Froglube it
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#9]
What is the humidity in your home?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#10]
That's very strange. I purchased a Desert Eagle .50 about 8 years ago with the polished hard chrome finish. I've handled it periodically and never had any issues with rust. Hard chrome is supposed to resist rust. I also have an HK P7 that is hard chromed that I've had for about 10 years and no rust. Of course I always clean all of my pistols after shooting them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the humidity in your home?
View Quote

Right , Where are you storing it...?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#12]
You need to keep it oiled!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top