Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2014 3:47:08 AM EDT
I'm looking at a desert eagle 44 at a pawn shop. I don't know what gen it is. Overall it looks OK, well used but OK. I did notice dents in the mag. Appears that from recoil the carteridges dented it from inside.
Does that sound normal? Should I replace the recoil spring as a precouision?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:10:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Dents in a in the mag are not normal... At lease I've never seen it and my buddy had a 50 from all 3 gens and we have shot some VERY hot loads so hot we didnt know if it were going to stay together... No dents.

Jon
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Brass is far softer than steel, and as such a round in the mag would be very unlikely to dent the steel.  Sounds to me like someone pried or poked at the inside of the mag with a screwdriver or pick.  Maybe they had a stuck follower?  Could also be an indication of something else wrong?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mags are no big deal, they can be replaced. Check the gun for the usual suspects: rust, abuse, battering, etc.

I realize this thread has been going a while, you may have already bought the gun?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top