Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2014 9:23:41 PM EDT
Just purchased my first Desert Eagle!!!!
Been contemplating for a while and finally made
Pull!!!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have always kinda wanted one.  Let us know how it shoots.  I have pictured them as a jam-o-matic.  Looks sweet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I definitely will update after I shoot. I figure I'll follow the rules that usually work, heavy grain ammo, no limp wrist, and no hand cupping mag!
Always seems to work, at least with friends
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If I hear that thing is reliable I am saving my $ for one!  Hope you have a good time shootin and update the thread after you shoot it!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I always wanted one of those until I held one. I still think they're great looking guns though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to here you've read up on the techniques of shooting them. Hogue makes some great aftermarket grips for it. Range rubber with the finger grooves, carry gets the alum. grim reapers. Always wear eye protection when firing one as well. Brass has a way of hitting you in the head when it's really clean and well lubed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up on the eyes!,
I've  heard those shells can come after you.
I do have a set of hogue grips on the way as well.
I'm also trying to hunt down a pair of the wicked grips all black
With the aluminum punisher inlays.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe Hogue makes the punisher grips as well. Pretty sure that if you have a logo they could use, they would makes them however you like.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always kinda wanted one.  Let us know how it shoots.  I have pictured them as a jam-o-matic.  Looks sweet.
View Quote

I've shot probably 500+ rounds out of my .50AE and NEVER had a jam. Factory mags. Always. Don't bitch wrist it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've shot probably 500+ rounds out of my .50AE and NEVER had a jam. Factory mags. Always. Don't bitch wrist it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a new perspective on this gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Excuse my French, but, "FUCKING NICE!"  

I have a 'mantra' for guns... "HOGUE & TRIJICON" .
Did that with a few, including my MkVII .44 Desert Eagle.

Enjoy that firearm.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Great looking pistol, they are freaking HUGE!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:45:07 AM EDT
[#12]
if it is a current production gun, get it refinished now!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats!
Love mine!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#14]
One of my next pistols for sure!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I had a Mk19 for a few years and at least 500 rounds through it. Not one jam. EVER.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice looking but they weigh a ton.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I get an occasional jam where I've got to tap the slide, but that is with reloads, that are a little on the slow side. I've put 2-300 rounds through mine plus whatever the original owner did as well. Mine is a very early model that the OO picked up when they first came out.  I have a tune up kit I probably should use to replace the recoil springs on it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice. The Redneck in me desperately wants one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I nicknamed mine the Flame Thrower !! no kidding it shoots about a 6 foot flame out the front in low light  and at night  I Love shooting it and yes your palm will be blue the next day  from the bruising  but aside from that it is a weapon built like a tank and  performs like a quality built firearm  and eats everything I have fed it......  everyone needs to own one if at all possible AAAA+++ in my book
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice. The Redneck in me desperately wants one.
View Quote

+1

Been wanting one for about 25 years now, never have done it. Maybe I finally should.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I nicknamed mine the Flame Thrower !! no kidding it shoots about a 6 foot flame out the front in low light  and at night  I Love shooting it and yes your palm will be blue the next day  from the bruising  but aside from that it is a weapon built like a tank and  performs like a quality built firearm  and eats everything I have fed it......  everyone needs to own one if at all possible AAAA+++ in my book
View Quote

What caliber?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Just picked mine up this week, have been contemplating get one for two years. I missed a  used gold inlay engraved .50 with dragons last year. I have enjoyed shooting mine this week. And collecting the equipment to reload mine.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I want one just because I  reload for my Tromix .50AE AR.  I'll run across a deal someday.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
if it is a current production gun, get it refinished now!
View Quote

Why?  Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Friend has one in .44mag, fun as hell to shoot but don't know if they are worth the $1k+ tag!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Only problem my .44 Mark I ever gave me was with a Pro-Mag, and it wouldn't lock the slide to the rear after the last shot. It sometimes closed on an empty chamber on the first round, too, but none of the factory mags had this issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top