Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:09:48 PM EDT
I purchased this item (https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P7-Gas-Cylinder-Cleaning-Tool-4-in-1-p2080.htm) just to ease with disassembly and figured I would use the scraper to clean the gas cylinder because I really never clean it during regular cleanings, and it does not fit in the cylinder on my gun. Should I just not worry about it and use a brush or am I misunderstanding what this tool was meant for?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you are trying the long end of the tool?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Two possibilities:

1) Scraper is out of spec (its aftermarket, so it's possible)
2) Your gas cylinder walls are caked up with carbon, preventing the tool from going in

IIRC, early/regular P7s were issued with only a cleaning brush. I don't think the scraper tool came about until the M8 era. Try to get a flashlight in there to see what may be going on inside the cylinder. If you have to stick with the brush, it isn't the end of the world.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two possibilities:

1) Scraper is out of spec (its aftermarket, so it's possible)
2) Your gas cylinder walls are caked up with carbon, preventing the tool from going in

IIRC, early/regular P7s were issued with only a cleaning brush. I don't think the scraper tool came about until the M8 era. Try to get a flashlight in there to see what may be going on inside the cylinder. If you have to stick with the brush, it isn't the end of the world.
View Quote
Yea I'm using the long end. And I don't think it's too much carbon because the piston fits and seals correctly, I'll just use a brush I guess. I feel like the brush pushes more shit down in the cylinder which is why I was gonna try this thing out. Oh well, no biggy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
A 270 brush is perfect, run the gas system dry.
After cleaning with the brush see what the fit of the scraper is.
Can't imagine they sent you one out of spec.

Here is a link on disassembly, but don't try it for the frame unless you are pretty confident.

http://webpages.charter.net/gemarsh/P7%20takedown/p7.html
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top