Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2017 11:07:34 AM EDT
I bought a VP40 recoil spring and replaced the original vp9 recoil spring because the slide was very slow to go into battery when shooting unsuppressed. The 40 spring being stronger now causes FTE and stovepipes when shooting suppressed.  I switched back to the vp9 recoil spring and and malfunctions stop but brass barely makes it out of the gun.  How can I get cases to eject more positively?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Use higher velocity ammo.  What weight are you shooting?  There is a break in period.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I was using 115 bulk pack and mostly 147 Freedom Munitions.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was using 115 bulk pack and mostly 147 Freedom Munitions.
View Quote
There's your problem.

I've broken my VP9's in using Winchester 124 NATO, which is warmer than usual.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot mostly 124gr FMJ (since my duty ammo is 124gr Speer Gold Dot) and some 115gr FMJ and haven't had any of those issues. Although, I don't shoot it suppressed and I maintain the factory VP9 recoil spring...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't matter if it trickles out or is thrown 20 feet the gun is running leave it be
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got a vp9 and it comes with the .40 spring.  The first 100 sounds I used weak cci blazer brass 115 grain and had 2 stovepipes an alot of weak ejection.  Towards the end of the 100 rounds it was getting better.

I took it home and cleaned and lubed it, and also stored it overnight with the slide locked back.  After that I put 200 rounds of Winchester white box through it and it ran perfectly.  I even tried to make it malfunction by deliberately limp-wristing while using a one-handed grip, but it continued to work.

I think when you have the .40 spring there is a break-in period.  There was for me.  I would say shoot it some more and it should be fine.  

The VP9 is now my favorite centerfire pistol.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top