Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/8/2017 2:09:49 AM EDT
Little long winded but I'm excited!

I had an HK P2000 V3 .40 caliber some years ago but dumped it when I went to 9mm and .45ACP only for semi-auto's. Always said I would get another HK P2000 in 9mm and just never did. I ended up getting the HK 45C, 45CT, P30, P30LS and the VP9 but never the P2000 9mm. Always felt like that one was missing but just never got around to getting one.

So the other day I'm browsing a local gun forums marketplace and I see a HK P2000 9mm LEM with night sights for sale for $550.00. I looked at the ad but I had just paid rent so I didn't have it in the budget. Guy was open to trades though, he was looking for a Walther PPQ or an FN FNS-9. Took a chance and sent him an offer of a GLOCK 19 Gen4 with AmeriGlo night sights assuming he would say no thank you. Instead he responded and asked what all my GLOCK 19 came with.

His HK P2000 9mm LEM came with factory Meprolight TruDot night sights, the extended HK 45 magazine release, 5 magazines and some hybrid leather/kydex holster that I'd never personally use but I mean hey, decent package!

I do technically have some holsters that work with the GLOCK 19 but they are CNC Holsters V1 and V2's for the Surefire X300U and I wasn't really looking to trade off one of those if I could help it. Honestly, I probably would have tossed in a holster and the SF X300U to make it happen (I have three X300U's and a TLR-1 HL btw) as the HK was worth more than the GLOCK 19 but he ended up accepting my offer for the GLOCK 19 without a holster or light!

I think it was an AMAZING deal.

I loved my GLOCK 19 as a range gun so now I'm looking for another one! I traded knowing I would get another GLOCK 19 almost immediately. No way I can score an HK P2000 LEM for what I can score a used GLOCK 19 for so I was all over that deal. I'd been wanting to change out my AmeriGlo's for Trijicon HD's anyway so fuck it!

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah.  Why would you want another G19 when you have all that HK goodness?

Put a light fob and hammer spring in it and it becomes a lot better to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Good trade.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the GLOCK 19. It's literally the PERFECT 9mm handgun. Cheap magazines, plenty of accessories, tons of holster options. If we got hit with a massive natural disaster or something like Hurricane Katrina here where I live, I'd want my AR-15 and a GLOCK 19. Plenty of people are going to have GLOCK's, hardly anyone's going to have HK's if you had to link up with anyone.

The GLOCK 17 and or the 19 is just one of those guns you should have. It's like the AK-47 or AR-15 of the pistol world.

Do I feel the GLOCK is the best handgun made? Hell no. From a trigger and ergonomics stand point they are outdated the the design just works. I LOVE my HK P30L HK 45CT and FNX-45 Tactical more but you can't beat what you get for the price with the GLOCK 19. You don't need to dump a bunch of money into it, it works fine the way it is... Well, those factory nights SUCK but GLOCK will upgrade you to factory night sights for $57 dollars shipped OR you can buy Trijicon HD's for $114 shipped off Amazon.

No way I was getting a used HK P2000 9mm LEM V2 for for sub-$400.00 dollars with a HK45 extended magazine release, night sights, 5 magazines and a holster!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd do that deal for the HK everyday and twice on Sunday. I love that size. I really like the USP compact as well and it shares mags.  Look into the light trigger return spring. I prefer light LEM so much more.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the GLOCK 19. It's literally the PERFECT 9mm handgun. Cheap magazines, plenty of accessories, tons of holster options. If we got hit with a massive natural disaster or something like Hurricane Katrina here where I live, I'd want my AR-15 and a GLOCK 19. Plenty of people are going to have GLOCK's, hardly anyone's going to have HK's if you had to link up with anyone.

The GLOCK 17 and or the 19 is just one of those guns you should have. It's like the AK-47 or AR-15 of the pistol world.

Do I feel the GLOCK is the best handgun made? Hell no. From a trigger and ergonomics stand point they are outdated the the design just works. I LOVE my HK P30L HK 45CT and FNX-45 Tactical more but you can't beat what you get for the price with the GLOCK 19. You don't need to dump a bunch of money into it, it works fine the way it is... Well, those factory nights SUCK but GLOCK will upgrade you to factory night sights for $57 dollars shipped OR you can buy Trijicon HD's for $114 shipped off Amazon.

No way I was getting a used HK P2000 9mm LEM V2 for for sub-$400.00 dollars with a HK45 extended magazine release, night sights, 5 magazines and a holster!
View Quote
In blue: Far from it. Best is always subjective. You're using what you think as an absolute for the rest of us and that is simply not true and wrong.

In red: That thinking what determines what you carry?

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd do that deal for the HK everyday and twice on Sunday. I love that size. I really like the USP compact as well and it shares mags.  Look into the light trigger return spring. I prefer light LEM so much more.
View Quote
It actually already has Light LEM. I forgot to mention that. I almost want to put a heavier trigger spring in, it sinks to the rear REALLY easy!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
A heavy trigger return spring will give you a TLG LEM setup.  It's basically a smoother,longer pull than a Glock, but about the same weight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I was thinking I might like a heavier spring.

My HK 45CT has a standard trigger return spring in it and I know this LEM has a light trigger return spring so I think I might swap them and see how that works out before ordering anything for the P2000. I wouldn't mind lightening the 45CT a little as it's V3 carried hammer down but I could see where I would want the LEM a little heavier. The trigger just sinks to the back with NO effort and the actual breaking weight is very light.

I was going to modify the frame and try converting this P2000 LEM into a V3 but I think I might give LEM a shot this time around. I bought my HK 45CT used, it was orignally a V1 but the previous owner converted it to LEM. I traded the LEM trigger components to another guy on HKPRO for his V1 parts before even trying it as I knew I wanted the HK 45CT to end up as a V3 at some point as that is the way the Mk24 SOCOM is configured. I was going for an HK Mk24 SOCOM clone build. 

Anyway I like the break but I normally prefer carry guns DA/SA over even striker so yeah a little stiffer would be nice!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I ended up swapping my trigger return springs around between a couple of my HK's so one of the DA/SA's ended up with the light spring from the Light LEM setup and it really was a noticeable difference on the DA/SA too. With the hammer back in SA mode the the trigger staged a little easier and the break was just a tiny bit smoother.

I did like the P2000 LEM with a slightly heavier staging and break though.

That said, now I want light trigger return springs for all of my DA/SA HK's LOL :)
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top