Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/7/2017 10:42:41 AM EDT
These crazy HK's seem to follow people home from stores, shows, and private individuals a lot around here.
A question I do have about this gun is, Do the others that own a HK45C like the 10 round elephant foot magazines, the 8 round flush mount mag or 8 round finger rest mag ?
Surprisingly this gun was not an LE version, It had night sights and 2-10 round elephant foot mags and no 8 round mag for me to compare the feel.
I looked for a LE version, but the price from dealers
was crazy for just an extra mag and this gun had NS already and was $1160 OTD.
The LE versions I found at the show were between $1250 and $1280.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice purchase.
The flat baseplates carry better. I like the finger rest type overall.
I'm thinking of taking a belt sander to the elephant foot to remove the extra bulk in the front.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I vastly prefer the 8rd for carry. I use the ones with the curved finger ledge on the bottom, but both variants conceal ten times better than the 10rd. I've got a few elephants foot mags and they're good for range use but add a lot of bulk and really throw off the look if I'm being as superficial as I am honest lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Same! ^^^

I also carry with an 8 round magazine that has the flat base plate. Then I also carry a spare 10 round magazine, IWB. The 8 rounder with the flat base plate prints WAY less than the 10 round or even the 8 round with the finger extension thingy! Also that finger extension on the 8 rounder likes to "hook" your shirt.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine.  I have elephant feet mags, but they're only for range use.  The Lords of my Manor would not allow this peasant to carry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Who would you guys buy your finger rest mags from ?
I see flat base and elephant foot base more so than the finger rest mags. Who has them for the best price ?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I think these get converted into whatever configuration once in the states, esp. since night sight tritium is verboten in Germany.  The one I bought was also missing night sights even though the listing supposedly indicated they had them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#7]
The gun is a bit to large for me to comfortably carry, so the elephant foot magazines do not bother me.

But remember when you are out looking for magazines, the USP magazines will also work in the HK45, and HK45_CT

But for where to find magazines, & magazine parts, I would check
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/home.asp

I love my HK45_CT
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a HK USP in .45 and an HK45 Tactical.   The magazines are not interchangeable.  There are after market magazines for both Guns that are less expensive then HK originals.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#9]
The fullsize USP mags are not compatible with the fullsize HK45 but the USP Compact magazines are compatible with the HK45C and CT though. Same with the USPC and P2000 9mm and 40 mags. 
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Good gun.  My 1 gripe is that compatible holsters & lights are scant.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I much prefer the 8 rounders also for the same reasons that others have mentioned. While I have a few of the 10 round mags, they are only used for my range sessions and for a spare carry mag. I bought 8 more of the 8 round mags and probably need to resell half them since I really don't need nearly a dozen magazines for one gun.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Bucket list gun along with the mk23.  Ive yet to see a modern .45 that holds up to it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I much prefer the 8 rounders also for the same reasons that others have mentioned. While I have a few of the 10 round mags, they are only used for my range sessions and for a spare carry mag. I bought 8 more of the 8 round mags and probably need to resell half them since I really don't need nearly a dozen magazines for one gun.
View Quote
Sorry but that doesn't compute
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top