Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 11:25:03 AM EDT
$1599. Current cheapest I've found is about $1790.

What say you? I'll update thread at the end of the year.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see that happening.  It's a rare gun, and I think the price will hold.  There are around 1700 dealer price.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
seems pretty good to me, id fo 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see that happening.  It's a rare gun, and I think the price will hold.  There are around 1700 dealer price.
View Quote
I don't know about rare.  They're still making them and probably will continue to do so.

You don't see many at gunshops because high dollar pistols sit a relatively long time in the case until the right buyer comes along.

You can find them online pretty regularly.

I think the price will drop to $1600 or so.  I remember when they were introduced, they were selling at $2100.  Now they're ~$1700.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
HK will not drop the price of its most coveted gun.
This is the gun that all others want, and by keeping the price high it creates a sense of eliteness.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd love to see HK modify the MK23 for the modern age. Pic rail and increased capacity, slightly smaller slide.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd love to see them make it at least a little smaller than a Desert Eagle.  That's why I sold mine, I couldn't get over the fact it was only a .45 and that HUGE.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Buds has it for $1752 cash price at the moment and even has layaway available on the MK23. On the total opposite end, a local dealer to me has one for $22XX and it's been sitting there for a number of months.

I don't really see the pricing dropping all that much as it's an expensive gun and will always be a "grail" HK gun for most.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buds has it for $1752 cash price at the moment and even has layaway available on the MK23. On the total opposite end, a local dealer to me has one for $22XX and it's been sitting there for a number of months.

I don't really see the pricing dropping all that much as it's an expensive gun and will always be a "grail" HK gun for most.
View Quote
LGS had a used mint one at consignment for $1400 or 1500, it got very little attention and the owner took it back after a couple months.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LGS had a used mint one at consignment for $1400 or 1500, it got very little attention and the owner took it back after a couple months.
View Quote
If it was before the election everyone was too busy buying AR-15's and magazines to notice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HK will not drop the price of its most coveted gun.
This is the gun that all others want, and by keeping the price high it creates a sense of eliteness.
View Quote
Not exactly.  It's more of a novelty with military history.  That makes it cool in its own right (I own one myself), but I don't see it as the end-all-be-all of pistols.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not exactly.  It's more of a novelty with military history.  That makes it cool in its own right (I own one myself), but I don't see it as the end-all-be-all of pistols.
View Quote
You and me know this as owners of Mark 23's
But to the ones that don't own a Mark23 it's a coveted gun that HK fans want to add to their arsenal.
To non owners of the Mark 23 the gun holds some type of mystique that all HK fans save their money to buy. By keeping the price high and out of reach it makes those who buy  it feel like they are elite.
All manufacturers realize that you need a high end product in your line up to make their products more elite and high end.
Another example of this phenomena is Corvette owners.

By keeping prices high on all HK guns, the mark 23 especcially, this makes the hk seem better or more high end. Marketing at its finest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#12]
We can all agree though that the price of the MK23 reflects the quality of it. I don't even think I've found a toolmark on my slide inside or out.

The case it ships in is bull shit though. You should get the nice Eagle soft case they used to come in (and are still available on HK USA's website) at that price point.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We can all agree though that the price of the MK23 reflects the quality of it. I don't even think I've found a toolmark on my slide inside or out.

The case it ships in is bull shit though. You should get the nice Eagle soft case they used to come in (and are still available on HK USA's website) at that price point.
View Quote

I sold one with the grey soft case with suppressor sleeve.  Wished I hadn't now.  At one point the case alone was selling for over $200.

No doubt as to the quality of manufacture.  They are well made.  I don't think anyone would argue differently.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the kind of deal I need to run up on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I wish they would get cheaper, as it is a pistol I would love to have.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The Mark 23 was my dream pistol ever since I played Metal Gear Solid in high school. I finally was able to buy a brand new Mark 23 last fall and I haven't regretted it. It's the finest pistol I've ever owned, and more than I ever dreamed it would be. It's accurate, rugged, reliable, and easy to shoot. I've owned dozens of firearms in my life, and shot hundreds. My Mark 23 blows every self-loading pistol I've ever shot out of the water, including high end 1911s like Dan Wessons, Wilsons, Les Bakers, etc. Everyone says it's too big and heavy, and while I agree it's a big pistol, I don't find it and more heavy than a full steel 1911. It's not a CFL/CCW pistol, but it makes one helluva SHTF sidearm. I can't wait to get a light/laser unit and SilencerCo Osprey for it in the future. You'll never find a better suppressor host, and you can feed it .45 Super all day, every day, and it'll come back for more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
If you get one with 10rd mags and you can do sub $1500 right now.

GrabaGun or Buckshot

Looks like 4 at that price.

edit adding links
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Mark 23 was my dream pistol ever since I played Metal Gear Solid in high school. I finally was able to buy a brand new Mark 23 last fall and I haven't regretted it. It's the finest pistol I've ever owned, and more than I ever dreamed it would be. It's accurate, rugged, reliable, and easy to shoot. I've owned dozens of firearms in my life, and shot hundreds. My Mark 23 blows every self-loading pistol I've ever shot out of the water, including high end 1911s like Dan Wessons, Wilsons, Les Bakers, etc. Everyone says it's too big and heavy, and while I agree it's a big pistol, I don't find it and more heavy than a full steel 1911. It's not a CFL/CCW pistol, but it makes one helluva SHTF sidearm. I can't wait to get a light/laser unit and SilencerCo Osprey for it in the future. You'll never find a better suppressor host, and you can feed it .45 Super all day, every day, and it'll come back for more.
View Quote
Metal Gear Solid may or may not have been a huge part of why I wanted this gun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought one, before I could really afford it.  I chose to sell it about a year later to payoff a large bill.  Now that I can actually afford it I am kind of on the fence about getting another.  What does it actually do that my HK45 and/or my USP45 do not do?  I don't own suppressors
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Want to know how HK could make a MINT?  Sell a 10mm and a .50AE version.  Work with an ammo manufacturer to make really hot rounds for a fair price.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#21]
There's no need for another chambering. It was built to handle .45 Super and does so exceptionally well. Triton offered it for a while. I think they had much poorer sales than the gun. The dealer price has been ~$1700 for almost 10 years now, so technically they're getting cheaper just from inflation.

There will always be different "tiers" of Mark 23 to the collectors. The first ones were engraved Mark 23 (instead of MARK 23), so they'll always be the most valuable, all things being equal. Except... there were maybe 3 guns HK later sold which had been samples with the legit USSOCOM markings; the others are military slides civilians somehow obtained and swapped out. Then you've got the rest of the early semi-gloss maritime finish guns (until around 2004). They added the safety lockout device in 1999. They changed several things after 2004 such as markings (laser, HK Sidearms GmbH) and the cases. At least they started shipping with 12rd mags again.

I don't collect them, but I like the earlier semi-gloss look. My KH (1997) is awesome. It's as close to a SEAL gun as I'll get (other than a legit CQBR NSW upper on a M16A1 lower at work). 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd love to see them make it at least a little smaller than a Desert Eagle.  That's why I sold mine, I couldn't get over the fact it was only a .45 and that HUGE.
View Quote
They do... It's called the USP45 TACTICAL.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Metal Gear Solid may or may not have been a huge part of why I wanted this gun.
View Quote
MGS had a USP 45 Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

MGS had a USP 45 Tactical.
View Quote
USP was MGS2.  Mk23 was in the first game.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:28:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I have one in FDE. Haven't shot it in years.  It's not as big as many people make it out to be and not nearly as heavy as a steel 1911. The trigger though  [%|. The SA is fine but the DA is brutal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#26]
No change.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#27]
At some point I'll probably pick up a usp9sd.  Always kinda wanted one.  No real interest in the Mark 23.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#28]
$1695 plus $20 shipping.

https://www.802traders.com/product-p/j-0211095.htm
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top