Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/12/2017 6:53:36 AM EDT
How difficult is this ?

I am considering swapping out the recoil spring on my USPT to a heavier spring to try and slow the action down.

Reason for that is the gun is still pretty loud when shot suppressed with the Osprey 45, in large part due to what I suspect is the noise from the chamber.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a two minute job. Pull the spring back and slide off the C-Clip. Don't let the spring launch. Put new spring on and compress; attach the C-Clip. Not hard at all. I put the Tactical Spring on my Stock USP45 for suppressed use and it works great.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The tactical already has a heavier spring over the standard USP.
Can the Osprey be fired wet? If so have you tried a small amount of wire-pull gel inside?
What ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The tactical already has a heavier spring over the standard USP.
Can the Osprey be fired wet? If so have you tried a small amount of wire-pull gel inside?
What ammo are you using?
View Quote

Haven't tried it wet yet or with gel.

At the moment I've used CCI 230 grain lawman and tried some Freedom Munitions HUSH 230 grain that a friend had laying around.  

Wolf makes heavier springs, ( http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415120102/wolff-recoil-spring-hk-usp-full-size )
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top