Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/8/2017 1:05:30 PM EDT
While I own an HK MARK 23, a HK 45 and an HK 45C, I never had the interest in the USP series pistols. I was at the LGS and the have a HK USP Expert, "used" but in great shape for $1050.00. Comes with a 10 round mag and the black nylon case. The reason why I'm super interested in the pistol is that the serial number is just about that of my birthday. Yeah that's weird. The serial number is 112063, my birthday is 110263. Never saw a serial number as close as my b'day as this gun.

Now aside from numbers, what can you tell me about the gun. Comes with a standard bbl. Can't be threaded now in CT, so while I'm not really in the market for another .45 and leaving for vacation to Ireland in a few weeks, do I need this pistol.

HELP!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a fair price but not great. I have a 9mm expert and I really like it, it's probably my favorite 9mm to shoot.  I think the expert offers significant improvement over the standard USP, manly trigger and sight radius.  I also remember reading the Expert barrel is handfit to the slide.    

It will have the match trigger which is a marked improvement over the standard USP trigger IMO.  

I think you will like it if you get it.  Remember it is da/sa from the factory but can be changed fairly easily.  

I have an HK45 too and like my expert better overall although they are different calibers in my case.  

Maybe offer $950 and see if they bite?  

Here's mine with an aftermarket hogue grip, LEM conversion and novak FO front sight.  

Post pics if you get it! 

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
They're great guns and have one of the best double action triggers I've ever seen on an auto. Years back I rented a few different .45s to see which one I liked best. They were a Springfield TRP, a SIG P220 single action, the USP 45 Expert, and another I can't remember. The USP Expert was just excellent to shoot, a real joy. I wish I had bought it instead of the Smith and Wesson 1911 I wound up buying. Even with cheap ammo it was really easy to get all 12 rounds in one big hole.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top