Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/18/2017 4:06:41 PM EDT
I recently acquired a P2000SK. My preferred carry position is AIWB. Anybody have recommendations on holsters with short wait times?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Cooks Holsters AIWB Option 1

Cooks Holsters AIWB Option 2

Best kydex I've ever owned. I'm done searching for the right company, Cook's is the best IMO.
  • Custom ride height. (Upload a photo of where you want it to ride and they'll make it exactly how you want it)
  • Incredible selection of colors and patterns.
  • Selectable kydex thickness.
  • Reasonable prices and wait times.
  • Excellent warranty. 
Cook's Holsters Homepage

The Truth About Guns:
"For lightweight pistols with any ol’ belt, it doesn’t get better than this. I won’t be going back. It’s just so comfortable, so slim, and so very easy to put on and take off. For heavier pistols, I’d suggest either a hybrid holster or a stiffer belt, at your preference. If I eventually come across a stiff belt that I don’t find uncomfortable for daily wear, it’ll be Cook’s IWB w/ Adjustable Belt Clips for CCW across the board in my safe. Quality and comfort here are absolutely top notch."

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Highnoon Holsters "Hideaway".
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/hideaway-w-clip
Best AIWB for the P2000sk or P30sk I've ever used.
I prefer the horsehide with clip.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem with many holsters that people use and companies sell for AIWB carry is that they are not purposefully designed for AIWB carry.  I can carry a gun from 2 o'clock all the way around to 10 o'clock and get away with the standard IWB design, but if I carry up front, it creates comfort issues.  And if isn't comfortable, you won't carry it.  I carry a P30 w/XC1 AIWB in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster.

Here's a couple of the reasons why this is one of, if not, the best AIWB holsters on the market:

Rounded edges (also pictured is the "extra tuck" option):

Attachment Attached File

Wedge design to rotate the butt into your abdomen:

Attachment Attached File

Enclosed trigger guard (not a huge deal for the XC1 compared to other, larger WMLs, but carrying AIWB, I'll take any increase in safety I can get):

Attachment Attached File

In addition, I can adjust the ride height and there are several different belt loop/clip options.  He also has a foam wedge if you don't like the extra tuck option.  I can bend my own kydex and have used foam before, but I prefer using the holster because foam can get hot against your skin/underwear in the summer.

That's right.  I make my own Kydex holsters and I still bought this one.  It is that well-designed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't get rid of my JM fast enough.
The "tuck bulge" dug into my groin and was painful to wear for more than a few minutes at a time.
AIWB holster choice is extremely personal and there is no "perfect" design for everyone.
The SK is so short in the slide and the grip that the wedges and tuck features aren't really needed for concealment.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AIWB holster choice is extremely personal and there is no "perfect" design for everyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No argument there.  In fact, the HNH you linked to would probably work very well (for some people).  I use a FIST K4 for a j-frame when I have to wear a suit.

The SK is so short in the slide and the grip that the wedges and tuck features aren't really needed for concealment.

He does have a holster with a less pronounced wedge, the "George".

Also, the safariland 27 is a popular holster.  About $40 too.

He could also buy a holster for the full size and use it for the sk model as well.  Some people find the extra length helps keep the shorter-barreled, butt-heavy guns from "rolling out" over the belt.

Good luck OP, hope you don't end up with a box of holsters, but there is a reason that's a thing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Stealth gear revolution aiwb holster. Ships in 72 hrs. I ordered one for my P30sk and have been using it for the past couple of weeks. I had to lower the ride height but I am still able to get a combat grip on it. The pistol grip will stick out if you don't adjust it to a lower carry position (do so by using the slots on the holster that are designed for this). For under $60 and the quick ship time it is hard to beat. For what it is worth this is the first Stealth gear product that I own. The Raven Concealment Eidolon that I have for my G19 is the best aiwb holster I have owned thus far. No printing at all but comfort is subjective.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I, too, have been thinking about this recently.  My new CCW is a P2000SK (after carrying a P2000 for a long time).  I've always carried at 4-5 o'clock, but after lots of research and interest, I might consider AIWB.  With my experience, if you are in the market for a well-made, custom holster whether it's IWB, OWB...you're going to wait a while.  Unless the company you're buying from has in stock options for popular firearms (Glock comes to mind).  I've always gone with Comp-Tac for my Kydex (IWB) waiting a couple of weeks, and as late decided to go leather OWB from Ryan Grizzle and Wright Leather Works (Ryan Grizzle products FAR more superior than Wright).  Spent yesterday and last night researching T Rex Arms kydex products for AIWB.  Looks to be a great option, plus with the Sidecar model you have an additional magazine right there as well.  I'm deployed, but when I get home I'm going to consider moving to AIWB.  Lots of pros, that I like, for this carry method.  Not worried about "shooting my junk off" like I keep reading about.  I trust my equipment and my training.  You can shoot yourself carrying any method if you pull the trigger!    

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread!  Glad it was started.  Love my P2000s.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He does have a holster with a less pronounced wedge, the "George".
View Quote

I prefer the CCC Shaggy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got this from Knightfall Customs on Friday for my P2000. So far I am liking it. Very comfortable and conceals really well. It fits the P2000SK acceptably well too. I have a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim AIWB arriving today. I will let you all know how they compare within the next couple days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome looking forward to it.

**EDIT** I've been doing a lot of research as of late for AIWB options that also have the "mag caddie" incorporated into the holster.  I've seen that the T.REX Sidecar is a popular choice, but are there any other options that compare for a P2000SK??  I think TucTite looks to be better quality, but as of now they do not offer a product for the SK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Awesome looking forward to it.

**EDIT** I've been doing a lot of research as of late for AIWB options that also have the "mag caddie" incorporated into the holster.  I've seen that the T.REX Sidecar is a popular choice, but are there any other options that compare for a P2000SK??  I think TucTite looks to be better quality, but as of now they do not offer a product for the SK.
View Quote

I just had Knightfall order the mold for the P2000SK today. Should be in early next week. Knightfall does offer what he calls a married AIWB that has the mag caddy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a T-Rex Arms sidecar for a P30/XC-1 and spare mag.  I found it was difficult to bend straight forward and pick things up.  Maybe it was how I wear my pants, maybe it was the belt, maybe it was just me, but it didn't work for me because with two little kids at home, I pick up a lot of stuff.

It did conceal well, and most of the time it was great, including super easy access and comfort while driving, I but had trouble not making bending over and picking up my kids' toys look awkward.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a T-Rex Arms sidecar for a P30/XC-1 and spare mag.  I found it was difficult to bend straight forward and pick things up.  Maybe it was how I wear my pants, maybe it was the belt, maybe it was just me, but it didn't work for me because with two little kids at home, I pick up a lot of stuff.

It did conceal well, and most of the time it was great, including super easy access and comfort while driving, I but had trouble not making bending over and picking up my kids' toys look awkward.
View Quote

Ha, I know what you mean.  Constantly picking up my kids' toys, clothes, food, etc.  Instead of bending at the waist, try bending at your knees in a squatting position.  See if that helps at all.  If anything, it will take the stress off your back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just got this from Knightfall Customs on Friday for my P2000. So far I am liking it. Very comfortable and conceals really well. It fits the P2000SK acceptably well too. I have a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim AIWB arriving today. I will let you all know how they compare within the next couple days.
View Quote

I checked out their website. No option for the P2000. How did you order it?  Think I'd like one of those or the Trex. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I checked out their website. No option for the P2000. How did you order it?  Think I'd like one of those or the Trex. Thanks
View Quote

It's not on the site yet. He ordered the mold & made the holster at my request. Contact him. He has the P2000 mold and soon will have the P2000SK mold.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

DamnYankee01 - Knightfall Customs' stuff looks to be high quality and it's made it to the top of my list so far based on what I've read online during research.  You say that your P2000SK fits "well" in the holster made for the P2000.  How is the retention, specifically trigger guard area?  The trigger guard difference on the two pistols is what makes it hard most of the time to have one holster for both firearms.  This would be AWESOME if I could have one AIWB holster from Knightfall Customs fit both pistols (I have both of them, too).  

In the last two days, I've read about some people not liking AIWB carry with a sub-compact because there isn't enough gun under the belt.  The short length does not retain well in the waist band and thus can flip outwards.  (I don't see how this is possible with a good belt and secured clips).  People have said "buy the full size holster if you can for your sub-compact model" which would give yourself more holster length inside your pants.  I don't know as I've never carried AIWB before, but with my Comp-Tac kydex holsters for my P2000SK, I've never had a problem.  

Either way, Knightfall Customs looks like a great product and when the time comes (after deployment) I will likely pull the trigger on one.   And BONUS if I can carry both P2000 and SK in the same rig!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

DamnYankee01 - Knightfall Customs' stuff looks to be high quality and it's made it to the top of my list so far based on what I've read online during research.  You say that your P2000SK fits "well" in the holster made for the P2000.  How is the retention, specifically trigger guard area?  The trigger guard difference on the two pistols is what makes it hard most of the time to have one holster for both firearms.  This would be AWESOME if I could have one AIWB holster from Knightfall Customs fit both pistols (I have both of them, too).  

In the last two days, I've read about some people not liking AIWB carry with a sub-compact because there isn't enough gun under the belt.  The short length does not retain well in the waist band and thus can flip outwards.  (I don't see how this is possible with a good belt and secured clips).  People have said "buy the full size holster if you can for your sub-compact model" which would give yourself more holster length inside your pants.  I don't know as I've never carried AIWB before, but with my Comp-Tac kydex holsters for my P2000SK, I've never had a problem.  

Either way, Knightfall Customs looks like a great product and when the time comes (after deployment) I will likely pull the trigger on one.   And BONUS if I can carry both P2000 and SK in the same rig!
View Quote

I had Knightfall order the mold for the P2000SK Thursday. Should be in early next week. I'm sure you could talk to him and he could build a holster that could accommodate both. The one I have for the P2000 doesn't have the retention I'd like on the SK for the reason you stated, the trigger guard is different.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#18]
My Knightfall AIWB arrived today. Same awesome quality holster as I'm used to from them. The best part...delivered within a week. The P2000 & P2000SK are not listed on the site but he has them. Just shoot him an email.  KnightFall Customs

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome.  Thanks for sharing the photos.  So, what setup do you prefer so far...full size or SK?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Awesome.  Thanks for sharing the photos.  So, what setup do you prefer so far...full size or SK?
View Quote

The P2000SK is, by far, my favorite pistol. It conceals really easy and I shoot it just as well as the P2000.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I had Knightfall order the mold for the P2000SK Thursday. Should be in early next week. I'm sure you could talk to him and he could build a holster that could accommodate both. The one I have for the P2000 doesn't have the retention I'd like on the SK for the reason you stated, the trigger guard is different.
View Quote

Great post. I ordered a p2000 Friday and plan on ordering one of these holsters.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Great post. I ordered a p2000 Friday and plan on ordering one of these holsters.
View Quote

Good choice! Let us know what you think once it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good choice! Let us know what you think once it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Picked up the Knightfall Customs holster. Excellent build quality, comfort and retention and fast turnaround time- less than a week start to finish. Email Gabriel directly and he'll make the P2000 holster. Thanks for the great advice on the holster options.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top