Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2017 9:51:03 AM EDT
My newest acquisition was for sale on a local forum for a couple months. I kept seeing it bumped to the top with no interest. I was intrigued but knew little about HK pistols beyond my short stint with a VP9 that I didn't care for and sold. I did a bunch of research on it and saw a lot of mixed reviews. Mostly about the trigger. I finally couldn't resist any longer and picked it up after work last Friday. When I was inspecting it prior to the sale I dry fired it a couple times and to my surprise the trigger, to me, felt a lot like the Omega trigger in the CZ P07 I used to have (loved the trigger on the CZ, hated the HUGE controls). I handed over my cash and went home a happy man. I dry fired it quite a bit over the coarse of the weekend to get used to the DA/SA trigger and Euro mag release. I got to the range on Monday and had a blast with it. I fired it side by side with my current EDC Gen4 Glock 19 and was just as accurate right out of the gate. Accuracy will surely get better as I familiarize myself with the pistol. It also has less perceived recoil & muzzle flip to me. No issue with first shot placement in DA or followup shots in SA. I put 80 rounds of Perfecta 115gr FMJ, 100 rounds of Freedom Munitions 124gr FMJ & 50 rounds of Federal HST 147gr JHP through it without issue. Once I receive my Knightfall Customs AIWB it will be my new EDC, dethroning the Gen4 G19 (for now).

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Good choice! I love mine 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy some flat magazine baseplates from hkparts.net to replace the finger rest baseplates and it'll carry even better.

On the magazines release, I use my thumb and the tip of my trigger finger to activate the release. It works much better than just the thumb or just the finger tip.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy some flat magazine baseplates from hkparts.net to replace the finger rest baseplates and it'll carry even better.

On the magazines release, I use my thumb and the tip of my trigger finger to activate the release. It works much better than just the thumb or just the finger tip.
View Quote

The extended mag release and flush base pads are being delivered today.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Extended mag release... no.
They tend to cause more problems than they solve, especially on carry pistols.
Holsters are not molded for them (big issue with kydex) and I've seen them get activated when you insert the pistol in the holster and it releases the mag.
They can also get activated by the holster when you're moving around.
Good holsters are tightly molded around the trigger guard area... that's bad for extended paddle releases.
I've also seen where they aren't properly fitted on installation and don't properly engage the magazine, again causing accidental mag ejection.

Use proper technique and you won't find any need for extended anything.
The majority over on the "Pro" web site that advocate the extended release do more finger fucking and polishing their guns than shooting and carrying them.
The P2000 is setup pretty damn nice as a carry/duty pistol straight out of the box, don't fuck with it unless you have a really, really good reason to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Holsters are not molded for them (big issue with kydex) and I've seen them get activated when you insert the pistol in the holster and it releases the mag.
Good holsters are tightly molded around the trigger guard area... that's bad for extended paddle releases.
I've also seen where they aren't properly fitted on installation and don't properly engage the magazine, again causing accidental mag ejection.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I had a holster from a major company that was a fairly new holster, and it would eject the mag from my HK45C during carry because of the extended release that comes standard on those. Turned out they based the new 45C holster mold off of a P2000, and didn't take into account the extended release. They did work with me, fixed the molds, and got me a working holster, so I'm not going to say who it was. But I'd definitely be careful about putting on the extended release after seeing it happen first hand. 
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The majority over on the "Pro" web site that advocate the extended release do more finger fucking and polishing their guns than shooting and carrying them.
The P2000 is setup pretty damn nice as a carry/duty pistol straight out of the box, don't fuck with it unless you have a really, really good reason to.
View Quote

I know the guy who is building my kydex AIWB. I will let him know of the extended mag release and to make adjustments for it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW I have a USP full size 45 that I installed the HK45c extended mag release on, and a Kydex Comp-Tac IWB for it. I know, not a P2k, but bear with me -

Fixing the holster to accept the extended mag release needed nothing more than a Bic lighter and a couple seconds of bending warm plastic
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#8]
i see you guys have spurred hammers....so those are normal da/sa?
and the bobbed hammer model is the lem?

how are the p2000 da/sa triggers compared to the p30?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i see you guys have spurred hammers....so those are normal da/sa?
and the bobbed hammer model is the lem?

how are the p2000 da/sa triggers compared to the p30?
View Quote
Yeah, Da/sa. I think the only bobbed da/sa hammer is on the USP Compact.

The trigger on my P2000 is identical feeling to the one on my P30.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The P2000 V3 are on sale at CDNN @ $550.

I been looking for a new mohaska so I ordered one after seeing this thread. Good lookin piece.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I been looking for a new mohaska so I ordered one after seeing this thread. Good lookin piece.  
View Quote

Congrats! I hope you like it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the SK version and love it.

I typically use full sized mags with it which make the grip a lot better for me and obviously bump the capacity accordingly. I can always drop it back to a subcompact configuration as desired.

Theyre excellent pistols.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It arrived at the FFL today. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Very fast shipping I might add.

I wonder though, are these rated for +P ammo?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Absolutely love mine. Plan to get another this year. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
The manual just says that you will get accelerated wear of components with +P ammunition. 
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Welp, picked it up from the FFL today and all I can say is Nice! 2016 manufacture date code.
Already ordered some different hollow point ammo for testing, and a HK45c mag release...

And two holsters. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I picked one up a couple of months ago myself....Love it!  Local store had them on sale for $499.00  I figured I could almost sell it used for that much if I didnt like it.  Its definitely a keeper though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200145/IMG-3086-124480.JPG
View Quote

You should consider adding the HK45C mag release, bigger and a direct swap in.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't like the larger mag release my P30 had. My hands are kinda big and the stock controls have been working well. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can run +P through it.  You'd have to shoot A LOT...and I mean A LOT of +P to cause any issues.  

I used to carry a P2000 LEM with +P Gold Dots.  Still have it, but now carry the SK.  Both are outstanding.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do the Trijicon HD's poke you? Are they uncomfortable for carry? I have heard they are sharp and can poke and even cut the skin from users on other pistols.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do the Trijicon HD's poke you? Are they uncomfortable for carry? I have heard they are sharp and can poke and even cut the skin from users on other pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got some on a Glock 19 and Glock 42 (none on a HK, all Mepro's on them). The rear sight definitely has sharp corners. Enough to cut you? I don't know, I haven't had that issue. No problems carrying either IWB.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No issues here when carrying it, but I could see people who are a bit more "doughy" might have an issue. 

I love the sights and don't have any regrets choosing them for a carry gun. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Trijicon HD's don't poke me very often but they absolutely destroy my shirts.
I carry AIWB and do a lot of driving, the seatbelt will occasionally press my shirt against the sights and it instantly creates a hole in the shirt.
I switched all my carry sights to TruGlo TFX Pro's for the lower, smoother profile.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I really think its the best polymer framed hammer fired pistol out there.  I love the decocker location, unsure why its not more popular.  There is so much going on the side of a pistol, slide releases and thumbs.  Back of the slide just seems like the ideal location and when holstering, your thumb usually ends up in that spot anyway and makes sure your hammer is down when holstering.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought I had identified the Large backstrap as the best for my XL hands... but shooting it the big hump put my hand an an odd angle and by the end of the range trip I was having trouble actually pulling the LEM trigger all the way to the rear. The trigger reach toward the rear was so short and at an upward angle due to the hump that my finger couldn't really pull it off when fatigued. I went home and put the XL backstrap on but that kind of pushes the web of my hand up into the slide. I put the XL backstrap on the grinder to remove the hump and now it feels pretty good. Next trip will tell!

Didn't have any of these issues with my USP45C though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just got mine from Brownells. $6.99 with free shipping. Gen U Wine HK part. Way easier for me to manipulate than the stock mag release.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top