Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 5:58:27 PM EDT
I just wasted 5 years of my life in a ban state and have had to start all over with guns again.

I was able to keep my P7 (just 8rds and no threaded barrel) but that was it.

I noticed that there is now a USP Tactical in 9mm instead of the lesser "USP 9 SD", but I've heard that no USP Tactical uses the "match springs" anymore though they still come with the match trigger.  I also notice there is a new 18rd black magazine and the clear/white ones are no longer deemed "ok for duty use".

Well for a jumping off point I ordered a Mark 23 and a USP Tactical 9mm.  I owned two Mark 23s previously but they were KG and KH date coded respectively so I bet this one will be a bit different.  Looks like the trigger has changed over the years as well as the finish and some of the markings.  No more cool case either, I really liked their camo cases and the similar black one with red HK logo my USP .45 Tactical I used to own came with.

I want the good springs in my USP Tactical---how many are involved?  Is it a DIY type project or better off sending it in to HK?  I ordered a jet funnel already and a  bunch of the black mags, hopefully they have stronger springs.  I never had a problem with the old style but if HK was hesitant to recommend them then something has to be up.  Either way it sure beats my old USP 9 SD--all I have to add now is the jet funnel (it has night sights already--guess they do the 3 mag/NS package for these now.  I remembered teh tall, adjustable night sights being rare) vs the match trigger and still not having the barrel o-ring, necessary or not.

Hopefully things go our way in a few weeks but if they don't hopefully I can at least add a USP 45 and 9 before shit gets dumb like '08..  They seem to be widely available but with night sights, not so much.  Glad to see the "originals" still around and going strong when it seems the P30 and VP9 have made quite a splash.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back into the fold
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I want the good springs in my USP Tactical---how many are involved?  Is it a DIY type project or better off sending it in to HK?
View Quote

Welcome back to Texas and the USP fold.  At least you were able to hang on to your P7.

This thread should explain the difference between the "classic" USP Match hammer spring and the current USP hammer spring.  USP Match Hammer Spring

Replacing the hammer spring on a USP is a 5 minute DIY task.  You will just need a punch to push out the pin holding the lanyard loop (and hammer spring) on the bottom of the grip.  It's really easy.

Brownells is currently having a sale on 12-round USP 45 magazines.  They are $25 each, but you will have to back order them.  Here's the link:   USP 45 magazines

Cheers,
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that's cheap.

Looks like P7s are worth 2 to 3x what they were before I left.

Looks like I will need 3 match springs: trigger return spring, and flat sear spring besides the hammer spring.

I'll do the hammer spring when I do the jet funnel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
CA?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top