Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 3:12:13 PM EDT
How is the VP9 Tactical any different than the standard VP9 besides the threaded barrel?  Is the recoil system different?
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Mepro Night Sights, Threaded barrel, thread protector, stronger recoil spring, the VP9 uses the one used in the VP40.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the HK website there are no internal differences.  Supposedly the USP series had some different internals for the suppressor-friendly models
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The VP9 Tactical has a stronger recoil spring. They put the VP40's spring in the VP9 Tactical.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are you getting that info?  I looked into this a while back. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
HKPro Forum, check it out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Per the manual for my VP9T. The recoil assembly is different than the VP9.

I had it out at the range today with a few others. This pistol is just too easy to shoot well. The trigger is very good for a striker fired and it was dead nuts on for accuracy.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#7]
So if I already had a aftermarket threaded barrel, all I would need to do is add a VP40 recoil spring and I would have the same thing as a VP9T?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if I already had a aftermarket threaded barrel, all I would need to do is add a VP40 recoil spring and I would have the same thing as a VP9T?
View Quote

No. The slide is marked Tactical too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
If the VP9Tactical has a stronger recoil spring, where can I get that?  Or should I just get a VP40 spring.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Just get a vp40 spring and call it good. I carry my vp9 for work and have over 4000rds through it. I am issued Speer gold dot 124gr+p and federal hst 147gr standard pressure. My agency allows me to pick either and provides me with the ammo.

When I changed out to a vp40 Spring I had a few failures to feed with weak 115gr target ammo (fed champion, wwb, umc) but after about 500 rds no issues. I have never had a failure with the gold dot or hst.

Since the tactical has been out I picked one up and changed my other 2 vp9s to the 40 cal spring with great results.

With the 9mm recoil spring I would have constant fail to go into battery with my suppressed vp9 with after market barrel and I would have my gun go out of battery even holstering. The vp40 Spring has corrected everything.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool.  And you got it where?  HKparts.net?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cool.  And you got it where?  HKparts.net?
View Quote

Direct from HK Customer Service. It's about $15 cheaper after shipping.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just get a vp40 spring and call it good. I carry my vp9 for work and have over 4000rds through it. I am issued Speer gold dot 124gr+p and federal hst 147gr standard pressure. My agency allows me to pick either and provides me with the ammo.

When I changed out to a vp40 Spring I had a few failures to feed with weak 115gr target ammo (fed champion, wwb, umc) but after about 500 rds no issues. I have never had a failure with the gold dot or hst.

Since the tactical has been out I picked one up and changed my other 2 vp9s to the 40 cal spring with great results.

With the 9mm recoil spring I would have constant fail to go into battery with my suppressed vp9 with after market barrel and I would have my gun go out of battery even holstering. The vp40 Spring has corrected everything.
View Quote

Do you think that the VP9 is undersprung in general then, or are you only talking about surpressed?  I don't like how it can go out of battery a little too easily.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Personally I feel that the last 1/2 inch travel in the standard 9mm Spring it way too weak. The spring compressed may be fine though.

This is unsuppressed. Being suppressed increases the problems wth a too light Spring.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top