Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/16/2016 12:36:27 PM EDT
trying to decide between the two for which will be my nightstand HD pistol. Yes, I will eventually get a suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Both.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Both or the SP5K
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Both or the SP5K
View Quote
Really, this just means all three.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
It's like BRD.    You'll eventually get more and more.  As a bed side gun for HD, you'll need a rail of some sort for a WML, and night sights.  Things to consider.  Just for you or is someone else is supposed to be able to know the manual of arms.   If you have deep pockets, then it really doesn't matter.  I went with the MK24 with a Tirant.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get one then you will eventually wind up with a few more. Out of those two, I would get the USPT first. The MK23 is a damn fine pistol but it is bigger and the controls are a little different. I'll wind up with one eventually but there are a number of other HK's I want first.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
USP45 Tactical would be my choice of the 2.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
USP 45 TACTICAL

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought my Mark 23 last week. I've wanted one for nearly 20 years and finally got the opportunity to buy one. It's the finest handgun I've ever owned and well worth the money. Shot it Sunday and was blown away by how easy it is to shoot and how damn accurate it is. Now to get some magazines, rail adaptor, light/laser module, and sound suppressor for it.

I'm pteobably a little biased, but I've shot both pistols and prefer the Mark 23. Either would suit you fine and make you proud, but there really is no other pistol like the Mark 23.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The Mark 23 would make an excellent nightstand with enough room for a lamp, alarm clock and at least one book.

In all seriousness the USP Tac, simply because you can attach a light to it easier.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just bought my Mark 23 last week. I've wanted one for nearly 20 years and finally got the opportunity to buy one. It's the finest handgun I've ever owned and well worth the money. Shot it Sunday and was blown away by how easy it is to shoot and how damn accurate it is. Now to get some magazines, rail adaptor, light/laser module, and sound suppressor for it.

I'm pteobably a little biased, but I've shot both pistols and prefer the Mark 23. Either would suit you fine and make you proud, but there really is no other pistol like the Mark 23.
View Quote

Yup. It alway goes to the range and then back to the nightstand.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I choose (choose) 2 Tacticals.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got to fire my USP Tac and a MK23, both suppressed, back to back.  

I have no idea what makes the MK23 better.  In the hand and looking down the sights I couldn't tell any difference.  Both are simply phenomenal.   If money is a concern don't think you're going to feel cheated buying the USP vs the MK23.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have no idea what makes the MK23 better.  In the hand and looking down the sights I couldn't tell any difference.  Both are simply phenomenal.   If money is a concern don't think you're going to feel cheated buying the USP vs the MK23.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I decided to go with the USP Tactical. Essential it's a smaller mk23, and seeing at the gunshop, the mk23 is just way too big
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I decided to go with the USP Tactical. Essential it's a smaller mk23, and seeing at the gunshop, the mk23 is just way too big
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have both and can tell you the Mk23 isn't that much bigger once you handle and especially shoot it. Nothing else compares. I can ding a steel spinner target at 50+ yards with no problem. Its stupid accurate. Sounds like you already made a choice, but if you ever get the chance get a Mk23. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Tactical without a question, especially if you have smaller hands.  I have both and as far as I am concerned, there is nothing gained with the Mark 23 and it does not fit my hand as well or point as naturally as the Tactical does.  And the triggers in both of the Mark 23s that I have had (sold the safe queen) were not anywhere near as good as the standard match triggers in any of my 3 Tactical.  Accuracy, I can't tell a lick of difference shooting off a rest, and off hand, I find the heavier pull on the Mark 23's trigger to make it less accurate than the Tactical, not more.  At least not in my hands.  Saying the Mark 23 is not that much bigger than the Tactical is the same as saying the Tactical is not that much bigger than the Compact.  Bigger is bigger, and in the case of the Mark 23 versus the Tactical, you get nothing from that added size except weight.
 If the Mark 23 held more rounds or gave you anything over the Tactical other than size and weight, I'd say get it, but facts being what they are, the Mark 23 brings nothing to the party other than bragging rights about having a $1800 night stand gun, and that is not a reason I would care to brag about.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#16]
As you've already figured out they are both awesome.  The Mk23 is amazing!  It makes me look good at the range.  It is massive though....  The USPT is more practical.  A great pistol, but I shoot the Mk23 better.  Anyway, a pic of my HK 45's with cans:

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep a HK45T LEM with a Surefire X300U attached (no suppressor for it yet) on my nightstand.

I do plan on getting a MK23 in the near future though. It's just way too cool not to own.
Besides, I already own 12 H&K pistols and they need their big brother.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
HK45t + Octane 45 + TLR1

ETA uploading photos from phone still not working for me. ETAA Finally.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
i think you are splitting hairs, both are plenty adequate. i like to keep the mk23 in the safe though as they are so expensive.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Neither.  Go with the Sig P320.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit pistol.. HK makes a superior pistol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:58:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great choice OP. I love my USP Tactical 9. Added a GG&G rail adapter and Jet funnel for use with 18 rounders. Next to my SP5K It's my favorite HD gun. I have a MK23 that never leaves the safe, but I'll never get rid of it either. It's just too cool.

Nightstand guns. Have another SP5K that's been sent off to have a HK 3 lug and paddle mag installed. Both awaiting form 1's.

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Not the best picture, but my nightstand gun: LE trade in USP 9mm, with the updated jet funnel mags and mag spacers I made using some Xgrips and a dremmel. Went with a used LE trade in for the nightstand because it's cheap enough that I don't care if I lose it, but its still a USP so I know it'll basically run forever

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Mark 23. If you run out of ammo, you can use it as a club.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I keep a compact USP Tactical with AAC TiRANT suppressor and Surefire X300 Ultra in my nightstand.  Perfect combination for me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Op , if you decide on the tactical, a TLR-4 fits without the need for an adapter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top