Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2016 10:10:19 PM EDT
There are things I really like about the HK45 and things I really don't like, particularly the trigger...

Is anyone out there going good work to improve the trigger on these?

Also, I'd live to get better sites, preferably some suppressor height sights.  I've got a HK45 Tactical, and it sort of dumbfounds me that they didn't do a proper suppressor height sight from the factory.  Is anyone making sights for the HK45 besides Heinie and Dawsom?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the parts from a USP match trigger kit will fit in the HK45, except the trigger itself...you can either keep your factory trigger, or you can shave down the match trigger until it fits in the HK45's space. Everything else though can be swapped out (trigger return spring, hammer spring, nickeled leaf spring, hammer, and the hammer catch, possibly...the last one might not be necessary)

Swapping out the trigger isn't difficult; just make sure you have a set of thin needle-nose pliars with serrations in the jaw to hold/position the trigger return spring; that one's a bugger to get in and seated right. Otherwise the rest is just swapping parts around. It's a pretty easy install, see here

As for sights...Trijicon HDs seem like they might be tall enough if you don't want to go for Heinie's?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of the parts from a USP match trigger kit will fit in the HK45, except the trigger itself...you can either keep your factory trigger, or you can shave down the match trigger until it fits in the HK45's space. Everything else though can be swapped out (trigger return spring, hammer spring, nickeled leaf spring, hammer, and the hammer catch, possibly...the last one might not be necessary)

Swapping out the trigger isn't difficult; just make sure you have a set of thin needle-nose pliars with serrations in the jaw to hold/position the trigger return spring; that one's a bugger to get in and seated right. Otherwise the rest is just swapping parts around. It's a pretty easy install, see here

As for sights...Trijicon HDs seem like they might be tall enough if you don't want to go for Heinie's?
View Quote

I will have to do some more research on swapping in the trigger/track one down locally to see if I like it.

As for the sights, I hate the stacked dot nonsense, so Heinie is a no-go. I wasn't aware Trijicon made an HD set for the Hk45.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If I could bring a handgun with me when I visit NY in a bit, I'd bring up a USP in 45 and HK45c, and let you try them with the match trigger setup installed (though my HK45c uses the factory trigger itself, but the rest of the match parts)...and if you wanted before/after, I can swap all the parts around in maybe 20 minutes. 18 of those will be getting the trigger return spring in correctly, since I don't have a set of thin needle noses with serrations in the jaw

Anyway - my HK45c had a trigger pull of around 5.5-6lb in SA mode; after the swap it was around 4.5, but with less roll; it's a little bit more of a sharp break than before. For me, the juice is worth the squeeze. It's a great break as compared to before. It's not quite nice 1911-like, but it's knocking on the door.

Honestly, I really doubt any trigger job will touch it...and this is with straight factory parts. If you decide to try to move it, trying to sell an HK with an aftermarket trigger job from anyone other than Grey Guns really doesn't fly, and sticking with %100 factory HK parts is even better..

Older USP Tacs came with the whole factory trigger installed by default. Newer ones (according to hkpro, I don't have one myself) have only some of the parts, but not all...so it doesn't get the full match trigger feel. I think that thread was in 2012, so...YMMV.

In case there's any misunderstanding, by match trigger, I mean all the parts involved...not just the trigger with the overtravel stop in it
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]
If you do go with a trigger job, Bruce Gray is the man you seek
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup grey guns has like 2-3 trigger packages for the hk45.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top