Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 7:10:53 PM EDT
It won't be here for 2 days, Ill post a picture when it arrives. I have lots of different .45's and bought this one just for fun. It is a grail gun for me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I would love to have one, but I just can't justify it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome,  can't wait to see pics.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had mine since the mid 90s. It is an awesome weapon. You have to get a suppressor for it, if you don't have one already. It is a totally different experience suppressed. You will love shooting the MK23. The MK23 was designed from the ground up to dispatch bad people efficiently and quietly in the worst kind of conditions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, the HK45c LEM makes more sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That's bout all my budget will allow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The Mk 23 is a wholly impractical firearm but I still want one really badly. I'm with you, it's a Grail gun.

Congrats on your purchase.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
OP says you should have taken delivery on the 9th. Yet here we are, 5 days later and no pictures. You wound us so.........
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP says you should have taken delivery on the 9th. Yet here we are, 5 days later and no pictures. You wound us so.........
View Quote

Haha, you got me!
I picked it up Friday night and have not had it out to shoot.
We have been balls deep moving all week and am wiped out. I know that I owe some photos.
I also picked up a USP compact 9 that they had in stock at the same time. Ill send photos of both soon...
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice. I've been missing my Old USP 9 a lot lately. I put hands on one at a local store this afternoon and I have half a mind to go back and get one in full size in each caliber.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#10]
There were 6 Mark 23's I the gun store. I didn't handle one because I didn't want to catch the bug, but it looked like they have either a duracote or cerakote on the slide. Is that right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure what the finish is, but everything is coated.  I recall my owner's manual warns that the serial number can rust since that is engraved after it is coated.  I thought that warning was peculiar/funny
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It's true though. HK used different finishes on them over the years. I had an early "maritime" finish Mark 23, which the previous owner had laser engraved his name onto the slide. It started rusting there, and at the serial number.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There were 6 Mark 23's I the gun store. I didn't handle one because I didn't want to catch the bug, but it looked like they have either a duracote or cerakote on the slide. Is that right?
View Quote

No, I'm pretty sure they're Nitrided or something similar.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
       For the last decade or so, they've been finished the same as the USP. Early commercial guns (and all guns delivered to SOCOM) had a semi-gloss lacquer finish.

Edit: Came back to post I was wrong...

The USP uses the HE finish. Only Mark 23's produced with a tan frame (around 2004) have the HE finish. The original semigloss maritime finish was used from production start to early 2004. After the production run of tan frame HE finish pistols was concluded, HK introduced a different matte finish, which they apparently also call maritime, although it isn't the same as the original lacquer finish. I think all of them are Tenifer treated under the outer finish. The first maritime ones definitely were.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top