Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/5/2016 3:33:19 PM EDT
Makes for a nice DIY mag spacer so you can utilize the regular USP mags as well as Jet Funnel mags!

The spacer is for the USP Compact mags to P2000SK.

I had already rounded the spacer for use in the P30SK. Changed some handgun roles, and no longer felt I needed the spacer for the P30SK anymore.

Messing around, realized it fit over the Jet Funnel mag...

Had to remove material from the front of the spacer, then remove a little bit from the top of the spacer where it impacted the bottom of the grip.

ETA: Forgot I also swapped the baseplate out for a regular USP mag flat baseplate.

I think it's going to work nicely. My old, ugly, beat to crap, home defense USP:

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Take off grip sleeve = profit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Unfortunately, the right side of the grip was worn completely smooth by the previous owner (it was a police trade in). Would not have been my first choice, but I bought it sight unseen online, no returns. Otherwise mechanically its fine.

The other option besides the grip sleeve would be the stick on grip panels I guess, never looked into those. I already had the sleeve.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, the right side of the grip was worn completely smooth by the previous owner (it was a police trade in). Would not have been my first choice, but I bought it sight unseen online, no returns. Otherwise mechanically its fine.  

The other option besides the grip sleeve would be the stick on grip panels I guess, never looked into those. I already had the sleeve.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea. The FDE is kinda fugly
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's actually OD in person, and yes its fugly

I was excited about my spacer invention though dangit, I hadn't seen anyone else do that before.

I guess I need to start looking for some of those grip tape things instead now

ETA: Let me redeem myself for the ugliness:

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was excited about my spacer invention though dangit, I hadn't seen anyone else do that before.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/jafrush/20160319_144906_zpsa0vfiz46.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/jafrush/20160319_144906_zpsa0vfiz46.jpg

Nice

I have a black one of those grip things if you want it. It came with my USP .45 but I don't like it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice

I have a black one of those grip things if you want it. It came with my USP .45 but I don't like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice

You're right, the black does look a whole lot better. Thank you again! That was awesome.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I would see what polymer refined could do with it

EDIT:  Photo from Glock Talk user Smitty908

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would see what polymer refined could do with it

EDIT:  Photo from Glock Talk user Smitty908

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/Smitty908/PPM%20Stuff/DSC05147.jpg

View Quote
Eh, not really a fan of stipling, and the hogue grips work very well for the purpose.

I'm not concerned about it. It was cheap, and never leaves the bedside except for a few range outings a year. The houge really does take care of the worn grip very well.

In other news, apparently my jet funnel spacer idea wasn't as earth shattering as I thought, since there's been no comments on that in the whole thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
For one thing, HK does NOT recommend JF mags for use in weapons that might see serious use, such as home defense, CC, or duty.  JF mags are only for range and competition use.  And for that type of pistol, why not just a JF on a pistol when you want to shoot JF mags since it takes a heck of a lot more time to Dremel down a X-grip than it does to change out a JF.  Granted, Dremeling out a XM is a one time thing but on all the pistols I have put JFs on, including one of my USPC .45s, I have yet to change them out since those pistols are for kicks and giggles use only.
By the way, putting a JF on a USPC .45 is way more labor intensive than most would want to muck with.  I sure wouldn't do it again.  HK45/USPC .45 10R mags are used with modified floor plates since there is no such thing as a JF mag in .45 ACP.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top