Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2016 7:59:03 PM EDT
Has anyone had any problems running "low recoil" or "reduced recoil" ammunition through their HK VP9s?

Example:  Winchester Train and Defend brand.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Only problem I had with my VP9 was a stuck case with steel cased ammo. Was one round out of about 200 fired early on. Concerning, as I never had that problem with any of my Glocks, but not enough to make me dump my VP9.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope. I only use brass and aluminum cased though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone had any problems running "low recoil" or "reduced recoil" ammunition through their HK VP9s?

View Quote

The VP9 will shoot Remington UMC bulk ammo, so there won't be any problem with any kind of low/reduced recoil ammo.  The only ammo issue I've had that was able to choke the VP9 was out of spec OAL ammo that would lock up any auto pistol.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The VP9 will shoot Remington UMC bulk ammo, so there won't be any problem with any kind of low/reduced recoil ammo.  The only ammo issue I've had that was able to choke the VP9 was out of spec OAL ammo that would lock up any auto pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The Fed aluminum case stuff is pretty weak and cycles fine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What was it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was it?

It was that Tula BrassMaxx that came in the 100 round tub.  I bought one to try it out, and after I shot through the first tub I thought I had found a real steal on cheap 9mm.  I bought two more, and It couldn't have been more different.  Probably about 30 rounds out of the 200 were so far out of spec they locked up the actions of a USPc, a Glock 19, and the VP9.  I had to put the muzzle of each gun up against a table edge and lean against it with my body weight to get the round out.  The ones that fed and fired, half were so weak that I had to check if they were squibs, and the other half were so hot and had a fireball so massive I thought I was shooting the old .40 S&W Remington Express loads.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was that Tula BrassMaxx that came in the 100 round tub.  I bought one to try it out, and after I shot through the first tub I thought I had found a real steal on cheap 9mm.  I bought two more, and It couldn't have been more different.  Probably about 30 rounds out of the 200 were so far out of spec they locked up the actions of a USPc, a Glock 19, and the VP9.  I had to put the muzzle of each gun up against a table edge and lean against it with my body weight to get the round out.  The ones that fed and fired, half were so weak that I had to check if they were squibs, and the other half were so hot and had a fireball so massive I thought I was shooting the old .40 S&W Remington Express loads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was it?

All you had to say was Tula, and the rest was self explanatory

I avoid that name like the plague. Personally saw a pop and no kick when harleyfx69 decided to shoot a few boxes through his Yugo SKS
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, so it looks like I have my answer.

Thanks everyone.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top