Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2016 10:19:22 PM EDT
Who here has one ? Shot one today for the first time . Very impressive and I like that it uses the same mag as my VP9's .
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, can't decide which I prefer between the vp9 and p30
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The position of the slide release is what made me go to the P30 rather than the VP. My thumb holds it down when I have a natural grip which is the same problem I have with stock SIG 22x series guns.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The position of the slide release is what made me go to the P30 rather than the VP. My thumb holds it down when I have a natural grip which is the same problem I have with stock SIG 22x series guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tweak the thumbs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It's my favorite 9mm

" />
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Just sent mine off to Rick at Lazy Wolf, can't wait to get it back.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I like mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I really wanted to like it, but the trigger reset was just too far forward for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a P30LS two days ago, no joke, I traded a GLOCK 17 Gen4 *EVEN* for it. Came with the box and everything a new one would include, looks like it's not ever been fired.

Not sure what I think about the safety yet though. Some people love them, others hate it. I think I might see if I can trade it for a standard P30 or HK 45C. I'd like either of those for carry.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got a P30LS two days ago, no joke, I traded a GLOCK 17 Gen4 *EVEN* for it. Came with the box and everything a new one would include, looks like it's not ever been fired.

Not sure what I think about the safety yet though. Some people love them, others hate it. I think I might see if I can trade it for a standard P30 or HK 45C. I'd like either of those for carry.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8819/28675275051_03a2732f0a_c.jpg

View Quote
You stole it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#10]
IIRC you can just get the conversion from HK parts to make it into a V3 DA/SA with decock only.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IIRC you can just get the conversion from HK parts to make it into a V3 DA/SA with decock only.

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.
View Quote

Nope. There'd be a big hole in the frame...
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm still thinking about getting the decocker model without safety . CDNN has them for $799.00 .
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
CDNN has the P30L V3 on sale for $748.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had the P30 in .40 cal for about a year now. I absolutely love it but I don't carry it. I'm on the hunt for a used 9mm in standard length for a carry pistol. The P30 is sized kind of weird. The L is actually standard size, regular is a compact gun and the SK is tiny, too tiny for my taste. I have the L for home defense but I'd prefer the standard length for carry. I'd only get the SK If I lost half my fingers on both hands. I don't have large hands to begin with but I'd need an extender for that model.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm still thinking about getting the decocker model without safety . CDNN has them for $799.00 .
View Quote

This what I have.
Like it a lot!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
P30LS light LEM. The pistol so nice I bought two.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm trying to decide between a P30 and a P30L for my first non-striker center-fire pistol.
I respect a lot of guys who seem to prefer the shorter slides (like ToddG--RIP), but I see a lot of other guys running longer guns like G34s.

I want an LEM with no safety.  
The grip looks so large on the regular P30 that I wish they made a 13+1 grip that was shorter than normal but not the crazy SK short.  For its grip length, the P30 really seems like it should hold 16/17rds.  

What's odd is that besides ToddG, I don't think I've ever seen any trainer or instructor or agent I know carrying a P30.  I don't even know if ToddG carried it or a Glock after his big 90K test.  
I know a few police who carry HKs, and the Border guys carrying 2000s, but almost everyone carries Glock (or carries their sponsor like SIG (Lamb), CZ (Pannone), or S&W (?)).
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a P30L V1 in LEM.  Nice pistol, but after getting a VP9, there was no need for hammer fired.  Longer trigger pull, re-strike ability is unnecessary,
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
My favorite...

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Overall I rate it as one of the best handguns with the absolute worst trigger you could manage to put in there.

I had an LS- smooth recoil, easy to shoot accurately, comfortable in the hand, and the single action only pull had more overall travel than a factory M&P, with a reset about 2.5 times longer.

For the life of me, I could never figure out how to shoot that gun in any fashion resembling rapid.  The LEM may be the best option for that gun.

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Threaded barrel is from hkparts? 380bucks? shit... that's the price of a steyr aug spare barrel... Mark up by the middle man is beyond insane.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Threaded barrel is from hkparts? 380bucks? shit... that's the price of a steyr aug spare barrel... Mark up by the middle man is beyond insane.
View Quote

HK stopped importing the 30L factory threaded barrels, so the prices went straight stupid.  The after market ones were still reasonable, last time I looked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#23]
God dang... Since when? I need one, seriously.

Quoted:

HK stopped importing the 30L factory threaded barrels, so the prices went straight stupid.  The after market ones were still reasonable, last time I looked.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I have one of the "oops" P30LS light LEM with Safety models.

It is super rare and a great shooter, but it just doesn't fit my hands.  I think I'm one of the few people on earth that like the USP series better than HKs more modern offerings.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#25]
HKparts has the German P30L threaded barrel for 380 dollars...
That's stupid absurd.

Quoted:
God dang... Since when? I need one, seriously.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
HKparts has the German P30L threaded barrel for 380 dollars...
That's stupid absurd.
View Quote

The RCM barrels are around $100 cheaper, the last time I checked.  They are supposed to be pretty nice.  One of the problems with HK, if you want to play, you have to pay.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What's odd is that besides ToddG, I don't think I've ever seen any trainer or instructor or agent I know carrying a P30.  I don't even know if ToddG carried it or a Glock after his big 90K test.  
I know a few police who carry HKs, and the Border guys carrying 2000s, but almost everyone carries Glock (or carries their sponsor like SIG (Lamb), CZ (Pannone), or S&W (?)).
View Quote

The adoption of the P30 by rank and file LE faces two issues, maybe three.

1) cost.  Switching from whatever is currently carried to somethingnew costs money.  Both equipment costs and training costs.  Plus, the gun itself is expensive.  When Glock basically gives them away, and Glock works well enough.  It makes the choice easy for peoplewho have to justify budgets.

2) trigger.  DA/SA is terrible compared to SIG, C&L is scary, LEM isn't well-understood.

3) why carry something different off duty than you do on?  Most cops I know, even here in gun-friendly Indiana, aren't gun people like we think of them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#28]
So the RCM barrel is nitrocarburized and has the polygonal rifling?
Im sure performancewise the RCM barrel is top notch but getting their barrel is like buying a bmw and putting a lincoln engine in it.

Oh yeah we are talking German goods, forgot...

Quoted:

The RCM barrels are around $100 cheaper, the last time I checked.  They are supposed to be pretty nice.  One of the problems with HK, if you want to play, you have to pay.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
The RCM barrel is not polygonal rifling.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The RCM barrel is not polygonal rifling.
View Quote

I have an RCM threaded barrel for my P30L in .40.    No issues.  Dropped in and works.  More accurate than I am.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#31]
anyone here ever love their p30 and get a p30L and NOT like the L version?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just sent mine off to Rick at Lazy Wolf, can't wait to get it back.
View Quote

A Lazy Wolfed P30L is going to be my gun purchase of the year.  He has on eof my P2000s right now, I'm anxious to get it back.

What variant is your P30L?  Whatcha having done to it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The grip looks so large on the regular P30 that I wish they made a 13+1 grip that was shorter than normal but not the crazy SK short.  For its grip length, the P30 really seems like it should hold 16/17rds.
View Quote

H&K makes their followers and springs with long life and reliability as the #1 priority.  The followers are long and absolutely won't tilt.  I understand the desire for capacity, but I'll take reliable any day.  

Why not a P2000?  They're basically the same gun, different looks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What's odd is that besides ToddG, I don't think I've ever seen any trainer or instructor or agent I know carrying a P30.
View Quote

Some of the USBP BORTAC guys I shoot with were carrying P30L LEM .40's last year.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is super rare and a great shooter, but it just doesn't fit my hands.  I think I'm one of the few people on earth that like the USP series better than HKs more modern offerings.
View Quote

What's this "oops" version?

What's the difference between a light LEM and regular?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What's this "oops" version?

What's the difference between a light LEM and regular?
View Quote

LEM models weren't supposed to have a safety.

Spring weights. reference chart
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I want to know. I just can't make up my mind between the P30 and P30L.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Just came back from a range today. Cleaning is effortless.
I love it, only wish rmr ready version was available.

I tape up the high wear edges cause I want my gun to stay pristine for a long time havabavaha

https://i.imgur.com/Lz2uyYK.jpg
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is what I want to know. I just can't make up my mind between the P30 and P30L.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just me two cents

I have a P30 and love the gun but would rather it be the L version and I will be sending it off once funds allow to have the trigger worked on.

Went shooting with the guys from work and we had a Sig 226, Canuk (sp?), CZ (75), Glock 19, smith and Wesson shield, hi point (I know but it was the guys 1st gun) and a Ruger vaquero in 9mm.

The general consensus was the P30 was the softest shooting most natural pointing guns with one of the worst resets of the bunch.

Fixing the trigger would make it near perfect IMHO
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#40]
When I  first got my P30L I hated the reset . Now after a 1000 rounds I don't even notice it when I speed shoot the plate rack .
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm trying to decide between a P30 and a P30L for my first non-striker center-fire pistol.
I respect a lot of guys who seem to prefer the shorter slides (like ToddG--RIP), but I see a lot of other guys running longer guns like G34s.

View Quote

Most trainers carry what the average student will be carrying. Years ago, most big names used a 1911 in classes, now, very few use them. The Glock is the most common, so that's what instructors will use. It's not that they're better, but imagine trying to teach a carbine class with an AR while your students are using the AK.

Todd carried what was best for him, simple as that. So does Jack Bauer. You're not arguing with Jack Bauer, are you? Didn't think so
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I have.
Absolutely love this gun!
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is what I have.
Absolutely love this gun!
View Quote
Gee, I like it so much, I said it twice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Got a P30L LEM light and just can't do this trigger. Ridiculous. The gun is very nice, accurate and feels wonderful in the hand. I just can't do the trigger. I listed it already. No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I have and carry a P30L (V1 Lite LEM with Factory Night Sights) in 40SW.    I had sworn off 40SW since I had 9mm and 45Acp options, but after the last ammo shortage I decided to add a 40 again (40SW was always on the shelf while no 9mm or 45Acp could be found).

I absolutely LOVE my P30L V1.  It feels great, shoots great and has been 100% reliable.  HOWEVER, it is a BIG gun.  I only carry when I can wear a large cover garment (like a jacket). I actually prefer my P2000 V1 for carry.  Its a 9mm (which is a litter easier for me to shoot well), and much easier to conceal.  The frame is slick which doesn't snag clothes but gets slick when my hands are sweaty (the P30L frame is very textured which is great for shooting but bad for carry).

I'm not a HK "fanboy" or whatever, but I do really like the USP, HK45, P2000 and P30 lines.  I also have and carry Glock 9mms, but there is an undeniable panache associated with HK.  I show my Glock to shooters who care about nothing but performance, but I show my HK to everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gthirteen- You are not the only one who prefers the USP to the modern HK line. My USP9 is my #1 followed closely by my USP45.  I carry it whenever I don't have my scrubs on. I will eventually purchase an HK45 and a P30, but I'm in no hurry to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#47]
What are you guys seeing as round count, for break in on this model?  Just put 300rds through my brand new, 2014mfg P30L, and was wondering.  Most of my other 9mm pistols were 500+rds.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#48]
It should just work.  Are you having problems, or do you just need to convince yourself it is reliable?

I have never had a malfunction with mine in about 2000 rounds.  I felt the slide return to battery sluggishly one time, but it did go into battery without any effort on my part.  I chalked it up to the ammo since I have used that mag and never experienced the issue again.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It should just work.  Are you having problems, or do you just need to convince yourself it is reliable?

I have never had a malfunction with mine in about 2000 rounds.  I felt the slide return to battery sluggishly one time, but it did go into battery without any effort on my part.  I chalked it up to the ammo since I have used that mag and never experienced the issue again.
View Quote
NO problems, NO convincing needed!  My other 9mms get that "Slick/broke in" feel after around 500/1k rds.  Never owned an HK before, was curious, that's it.  No underlying reason.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think I'm one of the few people on earth that like the USP series better than HKs more modern offerings.
View Quote
I prefer the USP line's trigger over ALL new offerings.  I also prefer the USP 45 Compact frame feel / texture / grip better than the P2000 / HK45 Compact frame feel.  The P2000 / HK45C / HK45CT frame gets very slick when you're hands are sweaty.  I like the toothy feel of the USP's aggressive texture.

Bought my first USP in 1994, and would not hesitate to select one as my "to hell and back" handgun.

ETA: I do like the Lite (Light) LEM trigger, but it is very long compared to a Glock (which is the gun everyone compares all handguns to).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top