User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/23/2016 6:49:09 PM EDT

Did hkpro.com

Get hacked?

I just got this email from them.
Resting my password

Then when I went to the Forum, this is what popped up

Does anyone know what is going on over there?

</a>" />

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the email also. I don't know it it's legit or not, but I am going to wait on it to find out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No but I got the same message and m14.com got hacked as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
HK Pro has sucked for awhile now. Someone bought it and it is really screwed up now. I will never buy another premium membership there. It's not the members it's the new owners.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one from HKPRO and Sig Talk. Haven't changed anything at HKPRO yet, but Sig Talk I had to change my password.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it on FN Forums
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Liberals?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
they were purchased by verticalscope and verticalscope was hacked a while ago. The newer purchased sites, like hkpro, probably aren't affected but they are doing an across the board password updates.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one from HKPRO and Sig Talk. Haven't changed anything at HKPRO yet, but Sig Talk I had to change my password.
View Quote

Haven't gotten anything from either.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I finally had to change my password on HKPRO today.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Same here from 6.8 forums.  Something smells fishy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I sent a request in but no answer.  Plus, I did find the new password, but it doesn't work.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
they were purchased by verticalscope and verticalscope was hacked a while ago. The newer purchased sites, like hkpro, probably aren't affected but they are doing an across the board password updates.
View Quote

visit some of the other acquired sites and the password change got quite mucked up for people.  One list of purchased sites listed the following (found on defensivecarry)

defensivecarry
airsoftsniper
nationalgunforum
theakforum
sniperforums
marlinowners
68forums
masscops
xdtalk
waltherforums
prepperforums
austinbassfishing
newjerseyhunter
polarisfiles
trapshooters
taurusarmed
coltforum
fnforum
Florida Concealed Carry forum
Sig Talk
M&P Forum
M-14 Firing Line
H&K Pro
Gunboards
Gunhub
Marlin owners
Handgunsandammunition

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have been buying up a  bunch of
prominently male, based hobby forums.
Guns, fishing, cars, trucks, off roading
as of late.

I just got this email
another one from
HKpro.com

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Liberals?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm registered on over a dozen various gun forums and almost all of them reset my password recently. The general opinion seems to be VerticalScope's recent hack is the reason for the wholesale password reset as a precaution.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I got a "lifetime ban" from them a while back, cause one of the members was a huge sensitive sally and claimed I bought a P7M13 from underneath him; I waited 10 days before contacting the seller.  He got ALL sorts of sand in his V and I was subsequently issued a lifetime ban for "shady transaction practices"

didn't much care for them anyway
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top