Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/21/2016 6:31:28 PM EDT
Know nothing HK and may not have time to do much research before gun is gone. LGS has one used in vg/exc condition. DA/SA. Didn't ask how many mags, box, papers, etc. it comes with.

What do I need to check functionally, mechanically, serial# wise? What would it have come with as it came from the factory?

It's on consignment for $650.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
FO
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the condition of the pistol, $650 for a HK USP45 with a Surefire sounds like a fair price.  If it is a police trade-in, then I think that asking price is a bit much.  Without knowing what type of Surefire is on the pistol, it's hard to estimate its value.  

The last used USP45 (with standard finish) I purchased cost me $500 plus shipping and transfer fee.  That USP was made during the first year of production and was in like new condition.  The last two used stainless steel USP45s I purchased cost me $650 and $750.  They were both in excellent condition.  I purchased all three of those USPs within the last six months.

USP45s do not really have any weak points.  The firing pin design was updated in the early 2000s, but I wouldn't let the old design keep you from buying this pistol.  USPs should come with either a grey or black plastic case, two magazines, and the owner's manual.    

I'm a bit of a HK USP45 fan, so I would recommend picking it up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask for $600, if no then at least you asked.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Go for it. The USP in .45 is one of the most durable handguns on the market. One example owned by Federal was still chugging along at almost 280,000 rounds!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as it isn't trashed, that is an good deal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go for it. The USP in .45 is one of the most durable handguns on the market. One example owned by Federal was still chugging along at almost 280,000 rounds!
View Quote
Impossible, the internet has assured us that HK's cannot do that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Update. I went back and asked more questions and had a better look at it.

No box or papers. The only mag is the one in the gun.

The condition is near new. No nicks or scratches of any kind. Only some very fine wear on a few of the sharp edges.

The number on the surefire light is A33xxxxx. It has 1 QR button on either side. The light and rail adapter are in new condition. The light toggle works flawlessly, both twist for on and push for temporary. I could not find an exact match for the light on the SF website either current or discontinued product. Would this particular QR be an option?

Anyway, it's a very small LGS and I've talked to both the woman and guy who run the place. They both say nothing is moving.

No extra mags is a deal killer right now. Going to wait for another price drop.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update. I went back and asked more questions and had a better look at it.

No box or papers. The only mag is the one in the gun.

The condition is near new. No nicks or scratches of any kind. Only some very fine wear on a few of the sharp edges.

The number on the surefire light is A33xxxxx. It has 1 QR button on either side. The light and rail adapter are in new condition. The light toggle works flawlessly, both twist for on and push for temporary. I could not find an exact match for the light on the SF website either current or discontinued product. Would this particular QR be an option?

Anyway, it's a very small LGS and I've talked to both the woman and guy who run the place. They both say nothing is moving.

No extra mags is a deal killer right now. Going to wait for another price drop.
View Quote
Smart decision.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top