Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/5/2016 11:37:27 PM EDT
I found a USP40 for sale, but know nothing about HK. I've always been a Sig guy and moved to Glocks. Are they close to either of them in how they shoot?

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Just as good as Sigs and better than Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Please buy it. I have a USP .40 for sale with an LEM trigger for only $600 with six magazines.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This and the fact that unlike Glock, HK developed the USP for the .40 first and built down to 9x19 and not up which has kaboomed a lot, like Glock .40's have.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My first usp was in 9mm, don't ask why.

I googled every review, watched every video, and paid full retail for it. I really wanted to love it. But somehow, just didn't. It shot ok, never had a failure. But I liked looking at it more than shooting it.

Sold it for my first ar-15 in 2006 (besides military issue)

Flash to 2013, found one in .40 at a gun show for $600 traded a glock 22 and $100 for it.

I thought, surely In its native caliber it will somehow be better. Again, I loved looking at it.

Sold it 6 weeks later for $650 and bought my fifth 1911.

I enjoy shooting my 1911's

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My first usp was in 9mm, don't ask why.

I googled every review, watched every video, and paid full retail for it. I really wanted to love it. But somehow, just didn't. It shot ok, never had a failure. But I liked looking at it more than shooting it.

Sold it for my first ar-15 in 2006 (besides military issue)

Flash to 2013, found one in .40 at a gun show for $600 traded a glock 22 and $100 for it.

I thought, surely In its native caliber it will somehow be better. Again, I loved looking at it.

Sold it 6 weeks later for $650 and bought my fifth 1911.

I enjoy shooting my 1911's

Hope this helps.
View Quote
This is why the P30 exists. I love my USP, but shoot the P30 much better. For me, it's because the grip of the USP is just a hair too big. My USP Compact shoots great for me.

I'm just as good with the USP as I am with my Glocks, but not as good compared to the smaller grip HKs.

ETA: OP, if the price is good, the USP is an excellent pistol.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This and the fact that unlike Glock, HK developed the USP for the .40 first and built down to 9x19 and not up which has kaboomed a lot, like Glock .40's have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot?  Define "a lot".  Is that like .0873% of the total population does it and a picture of that one gun floats around on the internet?

Because I can find a pic of damn near any gun on the internet "kaboomed".

Oh and FO on the gun.  Just because.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A lot?  Define "a lot".  Is that like .0873% of the total population does it and a picture of that one gun floats around on the internet?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not just one gun. Even stickman posted a kaboomed officer's G22 with factory ammo here on arf. Tons of them floating around. Isolated incidents, amiright? No, no I am not right, none of that is isolated. Seen a less than a year old gen4 22 with cracks in the frames personally, another one of these isolated incidents.

People hate facts over here. The USP was designed first for that cartridge. The G22 was designed using a 9x19 design and made no accommodations for the higher pressures of the .40 cartridge. So fuck facts, right? It's a Glock and that means it's a supah gun that defies physics, eh? Fuck facts then.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The USP 40 is a great pistol. I sold mine because it sat in the safe way too much. I actually regret selling it (but an offer of $800 eased that regret). It shot very well for me and felt great in my giant ape hands. Only issue I had was the grip texture when carrying iwb.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info everyone. If I can get it for the right price, I'll snag it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Do it.

I like "best in class" weapons, and that's what I consider the USP40 to be.
As others mentioned, USP was originally designed/introduced for .40.
The gun has a proven track record.  HKs are very well built, and it doesn't
feel as "cheap" as a glock to me.

Since you had been a SIG guy, you will be more comfortable with the DA/SA trigger
and de-cocker that the HK most likely has.

The only downside of the USP is  that the grip is a little big/blocky by today's standards.
But that is a matter of personal preference.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
usp yes, in 40 no
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
More like a Sig than Glock. My full size USP has less flip and feels smoother and softer than a .40 in the other two.

To me, it is the best pistol to get if you are getting a .40.

I am a little biased, as I am one of the few who prefer the 40S&W.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's not just one gun. Even stickman posted a kaboomed officer's G22 with factory ammo here on arf. Tons of them floating around. Isolated incidents, amiright? No, no I am not right, none of that is isolated. Seen a less than a year old gen4 22 with cracks in the frames personally, another one of these isolated incidents.

People hate facts over here. The USP was designed first for that cartridge. The G22 was designed using a 9x19 design and made no accommodations for the higher pressures of the .40 cartridge. So fuck facts, right? It's a Glock and that means it's a supah gun that defies physics, eh? Fuck facts then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange I have over 10,000 rounds through my G22 and she keeps on trucking. Fuck facts, right?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't know what you posted nor do I care because thank god for the ignore feature. But the fact remains that this isn't GD and knowing you, trying to bring it in here is the norm. Well it's Tech, not GD. Read the rules.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]

HK USP 40 Tactical. One of my favorite guns of all time, one of my favorite shooters of all time. I would never part with this gun.

I have heard that stock USP triggers leave something to be desired compared to the Tactical versions.

I would still FO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not a fan of the 40 cartridge, but I'm a big fan of the USP. I love my USP45 and for the right price I'd grab a USP40.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Once you get used to the mag release you'll love it. Hint: use your trigger finger.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Once you get used to the mag release you'll love it. Hint: use your trigger finger.
View Quote

Crap, I just noticed that. I have the same type of release on my SW99C. The guy ended up trading it, so I guess I don't have to worry about hating the mag release.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top