Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2016 5:40:11 PM EDT
I was running by the LGS to pick up a second Glock 43 (because I really like the first one I have, and wanted one with the streamlight TLR6 mounted and one without, but that's another story).

I checked the used cases though first as always, just to see what they had, and there was a 45C in there. Almost no visible outer wear, inside dirty as heck, but otherwise looked good, for $500. Obviously I bought the 45C instead of another 43 .

Working on getting it cleaned up, and I'll post a few pics later. DA/SA/Safety version. 2008 model by date code.

Anything special to look out for on one of these older 45C's? If the 45C's wear anything like my other HKs its probably got less than 500 rounds through it.

I've been wanting one of these for a while, no way I could pass it up at that price. Happy early birthday to me .

ETA: Cleaned

Only "strange" thing I saw during cleaning, roll pin for the extractor is sticking up a bit farther than on any of my other HKs, but inside the slide it doesn't have any farther to go down. Usual for a 45C, or did someone maybe put the wrong roll pin back in?

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow you got a hell of a good deal for $500.

I have to say my LGS never seen to have prices like that.  

I checked my USPs and the roll pins are seated far deeper however on my HK45 it looks almost identical to your picture.  I would not worry about it.

Enjoy the new pistol
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish my LGS had deals like that, its prices are always sky high! $500 is a pretty good price, I have a CT already, but would have snatched that up anyway at that price!
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wish my LGS had deals like that, its prices are always sky high! $500 is a pretty good price, I have a CT already, but would have snatched that up anyway at that price!
View Quote
Haha I had to ask them if that was a real price, I didn't believe it either. They have average prices on new stuff, not great deals but not bad either. Most of their used prices are similar, but every now and then they have something priced really well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Enjoy your new pistol! The HK45C is very easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
500 bucks....

Nice job. Great handguns. I love mine, paid substantially more for it than 500 bucks too.

Dont know if you care, but the Talon Grip for the HK45C takes a great gun, and makes it stellar.

Talon Grips , HK45C
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

500 bucks....

Nice job. Great handguns. I love mine, paid substantially more for it than 500 bucks too.

Dont know if you care, but the Talon Grip for the HK45C takes a great gun, and makes it stellar.

Talon Grips , HK45C
View Quote
Thanks. I'm shooting it today, will see if I think I need them.

Lol, I know about paying a lot for HKs, I have quite a few, most purchased new . They're spendy, but well worth it. Though I've never even shot a .45 HK before... mine have been all 9 and .40 so far. Today will change that!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Put some rounds through it this morning, wow. Besides my 1911, that is the best shooting .45 I've ever shot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Put some rounds through it this morning, wow. Besides my 1911, that is the best shooting .45 I've ever shot.
View Quote

I was shocked at the lack of felt recoil when I first tried one. Also has very good ergonomics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was shocked at the lack of felt recoil when I first tried one. Also has very good ergonomics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It really is amazing. I had read that about the recoil in the HK45's before, but never really believed it was that much of a difference. I have two other .45's from a certain Austrian manufacturer, and I'm now seriously considering selling them to fund a fullsize HK45 or another 45C.

Just ordered a set of the elephant mags, and a new o-ring to swap out just for the heck of it. Next up will be some Mepro's.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice. That might be my next one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations.  That's a great price.  Mine was about 2 1/2 times that.  But it was worth it nonetheless.  The recoil management is second to none.  I think the SA trigger is outstanding.  The DA trigger pull is hefty, but manageable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Good job, nice score. Very good little handgun. I have an HK45T and it's a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#13]
H&K magazines can be pricey. Now is a down cycle for prices and great time to pick extras up

//https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/hk/234268-magazine-hk45-compact-45-acp-10rd-black/
Heckler & Koch 234268S Magazine HK45 Compact .45 ACP 10rd Black
$35.40

http://www.topgunsupply.com/h-k-hk45-compact-and-usp-45-compact-.45acp-8rd-magazine.html
H&K HK45 Compact and USP 45 Compact .45ACP 8RD Magazine
$36.95

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=18717
MAG HK HK45-C AND USP-C 45ACP 8RD
$34.47
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

H&K magazines can be pricey. Now is a down cycle for prices and great time to pick extras up

//https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/hk/234268-magazine-hk45-compact-45-acp-10rd-black/

Heckler & Koch 234268S Magazine HK45 Compact .45 ACP 10rd Black

$35.40

http://www.topgunsupply.com/h-k-hk45-compact-and-usp-45-compact-.45acp-8rd-magazine.html

H&K HK45 Compact and USP 45 Compact .45ACP 8RD Magazine

$36.95

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=18717

MAG HK HK45-C AND USP-C 45ACP 8RD

$34.47

View Quote
Thanks. I know all about the pricey mags, this is my 8th HK pistol .

I grabbed two 10 rounders from Midway earlier today, with some coupons they were the same price as those. That gives me 4, so I'm  probably  set for  this one for now. I've got at least 8 mags for each of my "go-to" HKs . Probably only using this one for hiking.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Congratulations.  That's a great price.  Mine was about 2 1/2 times that.  But it was worth it nonetheless.  The recoil management is second to none.  I think the SA trigger is outstanding.  The DA trigger pull is hefty, but manageable.
View Quote
Yeah, the DA takes some getting used to on HKs. I'm glad this trigger is similar to the one on the USP instead of the P30/2000.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Good job, nice score. Very good little handgun. I have an HK45T and it's a blast to shoot.
View Quote
cheapest HK I've ever bought, but probably going to end up being the most expensive because now I want more 45s

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Heck of a deal!  I've got a HK45CT (in addition to others) and would have snapped that up as well.  Can't go wrong with an HK, especially in 45.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#18]
EGreat deal for five bills.  That means whoever sold it, took it up the ass.  

Note to self, not to sell any guns at your gun store.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Seriously, because I know they give .7 times the price they're going to sell it at, so unless it was an employees or something the poor guy gave it up for $350.

Oh well. My gain. It's currently riding on my hip .
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seriously, because I know they give .7 times the price they're going to sell it at, so unless it was an employees or something the poor guy gave it up for $350.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$350?  WTF was he snorting?  Make sure it's not stolen.  

Great deal for a German made gun.  Those are hard to find.

Damn....I just wasted post 1776!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, I'm pretty sure it's not. I've done a trade in there before and they ran my gun through a serial number check to make sure it wasn't reported stolen before taking it in, so I'm pretty sure they would have done the same here. They're big on following the store procedures.

Most likely the guy who sold it didn't care or didn't know, and the guy appraising thought it was in worse condition than it really was because of how dirty it was. I mean, it was really, really dirty.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, the DA takes some getting used to on HKs. I'm glad this trigger is similar to the one on the USP instead of the P30/2000.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trigger on my p30 is great but my p2000 trigger sucks ass.
I came to this section today to find the cure that was posted to my thread about how to improve it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top