Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/25/2016 12:37:33 AM EDT
I have been interested in the HK45C for awhile now but alas I don't know anyone who has one and won't be traveling for a couple of months so here I am asking for relative comparisons.

I have been using a MK25 with an SRT in it and love it. How does the USP standard or match trigger compare to the HK45C trigger?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot seem to dislike the trigger of the HK45/P30, but I have a 226 elite with SRT, and a 45CT. Both have big long heavy DAs, but I find I shoot SA on them both equally well. It's not a match trigger, but if you have proper fundamentals your trigger will in no way hold you back, and is a non-issue unless you have trigger press issues or are more operator than I. By weight it may be a smidge heavier than some prefer, but I find the break to be very conducive to accurate shooting. Benched I can shoot around a 2-2.5" group at 25m slow-fire.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Light LEM in my HK45C, I love that trigger and find I can shoot the pistol very accurately.

It shoots like a striker fired pistol without the "mushiness".

You always have the option to send to Gray Guns for their trigger package as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both Sig (P229) and HK (HK45 and couple P2000s).  Ignoring LEM, I'd say the traditional double action first pull of both pistols are similar.  If anything there is a tiny bit of stacking with the HK.  I don't notice much at all strong hand but more so weak hand.  It's after the first pull and you get to reset that there will be a big difference between the two.   HK will have significantly longer reset than the SRT Sig.  My Sig with SRT has 1911 like reset.  HK you're going to release 1/3 to 1/2 of the full pull length to hit reset.  I think a Sig with a slicked up, broken in, SRT action is the best double action out there (my opinion).  I still prefer to carry the P2000 in LEM because of size and weight.  It's the same size a G19.   I'm not a fast enough shooter that the HK reset is a limiting factor.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Im in Canton and have a HK45c.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im in Canton and have a HK45c.
View Quote

I'm in the UP... but I will be going to the NRA convention in a month so I can stop by the HK booth then.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top