Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2016 3:35:30 AM EDT
A few questions about the H&K VP9 line of firearms.

I am going to buy a full sized 9mm for several reasons, none more important though than for partisapaiting in my gun ranges IDPA chapter. I narrowed my selection down to between the VP9 and a S&W M&P Pro. Now I don't need and are NOT asking for reasions for which to buy the VP9 over the M&P. I already much prefer the VP9's trigger over the M&P and feel they are a dead tie in erganomics. I am negaiting the higher cost of the VP9 becuase I would have to spend over $100 on a Apex trigger upgrade to get the M&P's trigger to be on par with the VP9.

What I am asking is about the availability of IWB and OWB holsters and aftermarket magazines as well as what is H&K's customer service like? The reason I am leaning towards the M&P is the fact aftermarket magazines and OTC holsters are available for it just about everywhere and mags for the M&P are not only as i said available everywhere VS the H&K they are considerably cheaper vs the H&K and S&W CS is quite good these days according to my local brutally honest gun store owner.

Lastly, has anyone heard about H&K coming out with a compact version of the VP9 any time soon? or does H&K fear such a firearm would take to many sales from their other compact models?

Thanks,
Art.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-VP9-c367.htm

Yes there are holsters for this gun.

H&K's service was terrible. But recently they have made changes and gotten much better.

As for the Compact. We are all still waiting. I was hoping for a compact or a VP45 at last weeks Shot Show. But The VP40 and the SK30 were the only new guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I know HK mags are a little spendy.  But, stick to factory mags with whatever choice you make.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
IWB and OWB holsters are available, even at stores like Cabelas if you were to walk in to one. I'd stick with factory mags if I were you. Customer Service is ten times better than what they were and at least they won't be like arfcom's favorite brand CS where they will blame anything but the gun for being at fault.

And as per SOP here, both.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The ergonomics the same for an M&P? Different planets we hail from.

That said I use an Infidel Ultra for IWB carry. After trying several holsters, I settled on this one. The reasons are, comfort and ability to remove and replace quickly qithiut a struggle.

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know HK mags are a little spendy.  But, stick to factory mags with whatever choice you make.
View Quote

HK mags are spendy because they're worth it.

As far as customer service goes I've never had to use them other to ask for the price on a LEM conversion kit. I cant speak for everybody, but I've never had an issue or non-ammo related malfunction through2 USP compacts in .40, a USPc9, P2000 .40, and a VP9, for what its worth.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That said I use an Infidel Ultra for IWB carry. After trying several holsters, I settled on this one. The reasons are, comfort and ability to remove and replace quickly qithiut a struggle.

View Quote
Is that an appendix only IWB?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
yep mags can be spendy, compared to other brands, but look you can find them for about $40.00
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
In my area VP9 holsters are available off the shelf at the local gun stores... VP9/P30 mags are also plentiful.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, the magazines are expensive. But they last forever, and are merely an up-front cost that won't likely be repeated.

My experience with HK CS has been nothing but positive. Don't see where the hate comes from.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:45:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I wear it at 3 - 4 oclockish

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:54:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just what I needed to hear, may have to get one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:08:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you gentilemen one and all. You replies were extremely helpfull. As I said the $125+ I would have to spend to get a M&P even close the a VP9's trigger makes price a wash.
Again thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]
www.nightingaleleather.com is your friend.  FYI..this Osprey is in stock and ready to ship:

In regards to their CS…I had a minor issue that required me to ship my pistol back to HK…they sent me a call tag while on the phone…it was over nighted there and I had the pistol BACK in 3 days…all on their dime.  In addition, they sent me 2 hats and a metric ton of HK sticker to put on all kind of stuff.

If you need help with HK…call their line and ask for Link.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
www.nightingaleleather.com is your friend.  FYI..this Osprey is in stock and ready to ship:

http://shop.nightingaleleather.com/In-Stock-HK-VP9-Osprey-OWB-Safari-Grey-Elephant-VP9-OSPREY-Safari-Grey-ELP.htm

I have the Osprey and a Mag pouch and carry my VP9 every day.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Osnola_Kinnard/3e490e12190136ec3c26eb4a55da6df0_zpspiell5mj.jpg

In regards to their CS…I had a minor issue that required me to ship my pistol back to HK…they sent me a call tag while on the phone…it was over nighted there and I had the pistol BACK in 3 days…all on their dime.  In addition, they sent me 2 hats and a metric ton of HK sticker to put on all kind of stuff.

View Quote

What's the purpose of that extra patch of leather on the front of the holster?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its nice to finally settle on a holster. Now whenever I get a new handgun I just go straight to comptacs site and order one. Carried the glock 19 for about 18 months in the infidel ultra. When I bought the vp9 I just ordered another for it. I can take it off and on quickly for when I enter a place where I choose not to carry or when I get home.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:36:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its nice to finally settle on a holster. Now whenever I get a new handgun I just go straight to comptacs site and order one. Carried the glock 19 for about 18 months in the infidel ultra. When I bought the vp9 I just ordered another for it. I can take it off and on quickly for when I enter a place where I choose not to carry or when I get home.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made the mistake of strictly owning one holster for EA gun I own. After my Galco cracked, I learned the hard way to always have a back up. For two months I was back to carrying a 1911 or the Shield while the Galco was being repaired.

I plan on ordering more holsters for each of my carry guns real soon.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a drawer full of holsters for my glock 19. Alien gear, junk, wasnt at all impressed with quality of cross breed. Shipped to me with fucked up rivetting. It rode ok, just not easy to take off and the craftsmanship was subpar when comparing it to my comptac infidel ultra. I just cant say enough good things about this holster. They arent as pooular as some others, like aliengear etc. Maybe its price and lack of marketing. At $95 and shipping it's not the cheapest option.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://shop.nightingaleleather.com/In-Stock-HK-VP9-Osprey-OWB-Safari-Grey-Elephant-VP9-OSPREY-Safari-Grey-ELP.htm

I have the Osprey and a Mag pouch and carry my VP9 every day.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/Osnola_Kinnard/3e490e12190136ec3c26eb4a55da6df0_zpspiell5mj.jpg

Honestly…I have no clue.  It may stiffen things up a bit…but to me, it just looked good…because, if you don't look good, you won't shoot good.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a Blade-Tech Nano at 4:00 for mine. Work great all weather, but it can print in summer with a very light shirt untucked.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top