User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is why I didn't post my findings and report on here.  The sheer hate for HK (mostly on GD) is mind boggling.  

I experienced some of the same problems as MAC when I dropped it in my bucket of mud (almost same consistency, if not worse, than the creek MAC put it in).  Mine, however, would release the striker, but the mud in the firing pin channel slowed the pin that it left a small dimple on the primer, but no bang.  If MAC would have rinsed the pistol in the creek without dropping it into the mud, he might have got it to fire (I did).

As for the dead trigger, I suspect it was the pistol not being in battery.  The main spring on the VP series is weak and needs a few more coils.  I placed my VP40 spring in my VP9 and it worked (not so much with the mud, but it was a little better).  

I'm still keeping my VPs as I do shoot very well with them, and new shooters love it.  A few modifactions and upgrades are needed from HK (strong firing pin and recoil springs), and it should be good to go.  

I ran a retest with my M&P9.  The M&P9 did fire after being dropped in the silty mud, but as it progressed, it got worse.  Action slowed down, and the trigger went from 5 pounds to what felt like 30.  Even after cleaning it, sonic, gun scrubber and air hose, when shooting the M&P9, the trigger still gets heavier over use.  My VPs never lost their trigger pull weight!

Still, when SHTF, or just my ever day carrier gun right now, it is still my USP9.  These test make me more of a firm believer of hammer fired guns.  After the cleaning of all my pistols, the VPs still have a little grit, the M&P pull weight gets worse, but my USP is grit free and still runs like a sewing machine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That video is a complete joke. Doesn't match any sort of realistic scenario in normal settings or combat.

Anybody taking that test seriously as a knock on HKs is not thinking.

and yet other pistols have passed the same tests.
I can easily find five tests of arf's precious failing on google, but haters gonna hate, right?

This site is a joke when it comes to being fair and balanced with the information uptake. If the information is harmful, it gets conveniently ignored. If the information happens for one time to the competition while there are bunches of videos showing glocks failing, we show teeth and try and hit for the jugular.

Fucking pathetic.

This is why I didn't post my findings and report on here.  The sheer hate for HK (mostly on GD) is mind boggling.  

I experienced some of the same problems as MAC when I dropped it in my bucket of mud (almost same consistency, if not worse, than the creek MAC put it in).  Mine, however, would release the striker, but the mud in the firing pin channel slowed the pin that it left a small dimple on the primer, but no bang.  If MAC would have rinsed the pistol in the creek without dropping it into the mud, he might have got it to fire (I did).

As for the dead trigger, I suspect it was the pistol not being in battery.  The main spring on the VP series is weak and needs a few more coils.  I placed my VP40 spring in my VP9 and it worked (not so much with the mud, but it was a little better).  

I'm still keeping my VPs as I do shoot very well with them, and new shooters love it.  A few modifactions and upgrades are needed from HK (strong firing pin and recoil springs), and it should be good to go.  

I ran a retest with my M&P9.  The M&P9 did fire after being dropped in the silty mud, but as it progressed, it got worse.  Action slowed down, and the trigger went from 5 pounds to what felt like 30.  Even after cleaning it, sonic, gun scrubber and air hose, when shooting the M&P9, the trigger still gets heavier over use.  My VPs never lost their trigger pull weight!

Still, when SHTF, or just my ever day carrier gun right now, it is still my USP9.  These test make me more of a firm believer of hammer fired guns.  After the cleaning of all my pistols, the VPs still have a little grit, the M&P pull weight gets worse, but my USP is grit free and still runs like a sewing machine.
In red, my own VP9 is not going into full battery anymore after chamber checks and needs to be tapped back into battery. I called up HK and apparently they like me and I do not suck because I got another one free of charge and sent overnight at no dime to me. I'm going to keep the old one for courses and use the new for daily carry. This VP9 has seen over 10,000 rounds while my BU one has maybe at least 500.

My USP45 has had 60,000 rounds through it and still goes back into battery during chamber checks, but it was never taken to courses.

I think you're right about the VP9 needing a few more coils. I also think it needs the striker channel closed off completely. And I am obviously like you not afraid to admit or will ignore faults, something that our operators refuse to do...and I find that lack of integrity as something abysmally flawed.

I have a G20, it is flawed but I will not die carrying it. I also have a VP9 which is flawed, but not flawed enough to be of over analytically paranoid concerned because there is not any chance of me going swimming in mud puddles or going waist deep into streams, and the chances of me dying with it are the same for carrying glocks, FACT.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In red, my own VP9 is not going into full battery anymore after chamber checks and needs to be tapped back into battery. I called up HK and apparently they like me and I do not suck because I got another one free of charge and sent overnight at no dime to me. I'm going to keep the old one for courses and use the new for daily carry. This VP9 has seen over 10,000 rounds while my BU one has maybe at least 500.

My USP45 has had 60,000 rounds through it and still goes back into battery during chamber checks, but it was never taken to courses.

I think you're right about the VP9 needing a few more coils. I also think it needs the striker channel closed off completely. And I am obviously like you not afraid to admit or will ignore faults, something that our operators refuse to do...and I find that lack of integrity as something abysmally flawed.

I have a G20, it is flawed but I will not die carrying it. I also have a VP9 which is flawed, but not flawed enough to be of over analytically paranoid concerned because there is not any chance of me going swimming in mud puddles or going waist deep into streams, and the chances of me dying with it are the same for carrying glocks, FACT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That video is a complete joke. Doesn't match any sort of realistic scenario in normal settings or combat.

Anybody taking that test seriously as a knock on HKs is not thinking.

and yet other pistols have passed the same tests.
I can easily find five tests of arf's precious failing on google, but haters gonna hate, right?

This site is a joke when it comes to being fair and balanced with the information uptake. If the information is harmful, it gets conveniently ignored. If the information happens for one time to the competition while there are bunches of videos showing glocks failing, we show teeth and try and hit for the jugular.

Fucking pathetic.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Glock and S&W advise to change the recoil springs somewhere around 7,000 to 10,000 rounds?  

Also, the VP, and other strikers, spring set ups are way different than the USP.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Glock and S&W advise to change the recoil springs somewhere around 7,000 to 10,000 rounds?  

Also, the VP, and other strikers, spring set ups are way different than the USP.
View Quote

They do, but the Glock RSA seems to be a much more "consumable" part than the HK RSA. The Glock RSA seems to wear out faster, but its also pretty cheap to replace, so it probably works out to be the same in the end.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
On ARFCOM the answer to every pistol question is "get a Glock" which gets tiresome. They may be "Perfection" and instill "Confidence" to some, and that's fine, but they've had their fair share of production issues through the years, torture tests not withstanding.

All guns have pros/cons. The right/wrong consistency of mud can tie up any mechanical device.

Most of my hanguns are revolvers, so it's pretty easy for me to understand that guns have their limitations.

Some guys get butt hurt and/or personal because someone disagrees with them or their favorite reviewer. Oh well.

I like the USP myself, but that is one bulky gun even in "Compact" form.

Of If my VP9 shoots where I point it and is reliable with factory ammo it'll be a keeper.

Unless tasked to slosh through mud or assault beaches with it, it should be just fine.

In that line of work it was an M9...and I never had to swim with it...and never dropped it, either.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't post that in GD, the butthurt will be pretty bad.

And your video pretty much proved to me that anyone who bashes HK is an idiot to be disregarded as because they've proven how much they are not to be listened to as a subject matter expert.

And again, no wonder Tim ignored my Facebook messages, posts on his page, and on Youtube asking him to talk about about these other tests and actually problem solve these things. His integrity is shot, he's a hater pure and simple and here's a link to where he says that "he proved to us that the VP9 was an inferior product."

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1836276_MAC_calls_out_Trijicon.html&page=4#i58153869

Here's a screen cap in case someone is feeling lazy and as evidence:

In the recent Hickok45 video of the Ruger American at 18:37 the G17 stopped but both the Ruger and VP9 kept on going bang. So much for Glock or die BS, because the fanboi just died and the HK and Ruger users survived.

Case closed, the HK VP9 is a proven design and the only one who is inferior is the BS haters.

Reliability proven, and facts don't care about fanboi feelings because they will still be facts.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And your video pretty much proved to me that anyone who bashes HK is an idiot to be disregarded as because they've proven how much they are not to be listened to as a subject matter expert.

And again, no wonder Tim ignored my Facebook messages, posts on his page, and on Youtube asking him to talk about about these other tests and actually problem solve these things. His integrity is shot, he's a hater pure and simple and here's a link to where he says that "he proved to us that the VP9 was an inferior product."

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1836276_MAC_calls_out_Trijicon.html&page=4#i58153869

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/MAC%20is%20a%20lying%20POS_zpsrbchudrs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/MAC%20is%20a%20lying%20POS_zpsrbchudrs.jpg</a>

In the recent Hickok45 video of the Ruger American at 18:37 the G17 stopped but both the Ruger and VP9 kept on going bang. So much for Glock or die BS, because the fanboi just died and the HK and Ruger users survived.

Case closed, the HK VP9 is a proven design and the only one who is inferior is the BS haters.

Reliability proven, and facts don't care about fanboi feelings because they will still be facts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/heavymetal1182/media/MAC%20is%20a%20lying%20POS_zpsrbchudrs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x87/heavymetal1182/MAC%20is%20a%20lying%20POS_zpsrbchudrs.jpg</a>

You truly make the most diehard "Glock Fanboi" look like a snotnosed amateur. .shesh.

"Case close" indeed...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You truly make the most diehard "Glock Fanboi" look like a snotnosed amateur. .shesh.

"Case close" indeed...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Case close" indeed...

With some of the comments I see on here, especially GD, about HK, I think he is being nice.

Does HK have it's issues, and drawbacks?  Oh yeah.  I'm not jumping for joy that mags run at times $48+ for USP45 magazines.

But then, I haven't had brass to face issues (Glock) from a system that was great before the improved it.  They happen to make pistols in .40 that hand doesn't grip about (Glock again).  They make different trigger systems that are not aftermarket..actually that is good and bad.  No odd angle grip (Glock) that my wrist doesn't feel torqued with.  And they haven't skimped on their quality control, nor their parts quality to save a buck or two (Sig USA).  

I have a mass respect for Glock (until they went away from the Gen2), and won't hesitate to run one in a pinch.  They are simple, easy to take apart, and they do run reliable.   HK to me, though, adds a little more piece of mind over the extreme long run.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#9]
He's been put on ignore, and the fact that he came here is the thread title alone. Guess what he's emotionally attached to? Good click.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's been put on ignore, and the fact that he came here is the thread title alone. Guess what he's emotionally attached to? Good click.

View Quote

Yes...yes...and I've cried a river after your mighty wielding of the "ignore" button. Merely another tantrum..

I've owned many HK pistols,  including two vp9s, and they've all been flawless.  They just weren't for me.

I just love how you'll attack any who mention the "G word" and then label them "fanboi," but then totally bust a spring if anybody breathes a negative whisper about an HK.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#11]
The irony is that the vast, VAST majority of people who buy a SIG, HK, Glock will never have any issues. None.

They just don't shoot them enough to create a failure. Might be due to owning a bunch of pistols and none of which get enough trigger time to really put stress on them. Or, they don't own a bunch of pistols and just don't shoot all that much.

I own a few Glocks, several HKs and a few SIGs. Over all, I prefer HK. The gun kept in my vehicle is a Glock. I absolutely trust it with my life. My preference for HK comes mostly due to ergonomics and the engineering effort that's evident over their various generations. HK pistols tend to fit my hand better, have a more tapered profile, particularly the slide and have a track record, for me, of slightly better accuracy. Could be they are more accurate.....but it's more likely that since they fit my hand better, the ergonomics lend themselves to better shooting....for me. HK pistols, IMO, have a greater history of producing pistols with few cut corners in various areas. Just good well engineered, well made pistols.

How people get so wound up over this shit is truly incredible.

Buy and shoot whatever the fuck you want and like. Just keep shooting, keep getting better, practice, carry your gun, be proficient with it and please support some 2A group with a little extra money.

Beyond that, this is all a circle jerk IMO.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The irony is that the vast, VAST majority of people who buy a SIG, HK, Glock will never have any issues. None.

They just don't shoot them enough to create a failure. Might be due to owning a bunch of pistols and none of which get enough trigger time to really put stress on them. Or, they don't own a bunch of pistols and just don't shoot all that much.

I own a few Glocks, several HKs and a few SIGs. Over all, I prefer HK. The gun kept in my vehicle is a Glock. I absolutely trust it with my life. My preference for HK comes mostly due to ergonomics and the engineering effort that's evident over their various generations. HK pistols tend to fit my hand better, have a more tapered profile, particularly the slide and have a track record, for me, of slightly better accuracy. Could be they are more accurate.....but it's more likely that since they fit my hand better, the ergonomics lend themselves to better shooting....for me. HK pistols, IMO, have a greater history of producing pistols with few cut corners in various areas. Just good well engineered, well made pistols.

How people get so wound up over this shit is truly incredible.

Buy and shoot whatever the fuck you want and like. Just keep shooting, keep getting better, practice, carry your gun, be proficient with it and please support some 2A group with a little extra money.

Beyond that, this is all a circle jerk IMO.

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#13]
coc
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top