Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2016 2:56:52 AM EDT
I think a vp9sk wpuld ne the iltimate carry firearm. Who am I kidding? I carry the VP9 now and love it. Just excited to possibly have the same firearm in a compact package.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I think a vp9sk wpuld ne the iltimate carry firearm. Who am I kidding? I carry the VP9 now and love it. Just excited to possibly have the same firearm in a compact package.
View Quote

Is this a "what u drinking thread?"
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be a logical step for HK.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
If so would it be better than the 43
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I honestly think we'll see one long before we'll see a VP45

As much as I like HK though, I don't drink the kool-aid and an SK variant of the VP9 would be of no interest for me. But a VP45 on the other hand......I already know it will be the perfect striker .45.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If so would it be better than the 43
View Quote

The G26 is closer to what a VP9SK would be.  

The G43 is closer to a Walther PPS or Kahr PM9.  

I'd still keep my G43, but would probably trade my G26 for a VP9SK.  I've already thought about getting the P30SK.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be happy if they would release a vp9 with a striker plate that didn't have the hole to see the cocked striker indicator, and had a slide without the charging supports.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
A VP9 compact would suit my needs better, the P30sk in my hands was a little ackward being G26 sized and that role covered by a 442 J frame.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
No vp9sk, no vp45. Talked to a couple of reps, and either they have been told not to say anything at all or any plans are above their pay grade.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A VP9 compact would suit my needs better, the P30sk in my hands was a little ackward being G26 sized and that role covered by a 442 J frame.
View Quote

I'm with this guy.  A VP9c would be ideal, an sk model wouldn't really do anything special.  Shit, I don't even know of or heard of anyone that actually owns a P30sk, and the USPc grip is about as short as you can get and still get a full grip, and I have smallish hands.  The VP9c could simply use the USPc mags already, so no need to engineer that out either.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No vp9sk, no vp45. Talked to a couple of reps, and either they have been told not to say anything at all or any plans are above their pay grade.
View Quote
Thank you for taking the time to ask and report back.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't believe they don't have anything new in the VP line for SHOT!
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Reading over on HK forum, they said that is normal, I guess. Other than attending they give 2 hoots.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Reading over on HK forum, they said that is normal, I guess. Other than attending they give 2 hoots.
View Quote
They have been debuting at the NRA Show more often.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I just don't see any urgency on the part of HK to introduce a subcompact version of the VP9.  The P30 came out in roughly 2006, and the P30sk only came out in the second half of 2015, roughly a 9 year lag.  The P2000 was quicker, but still a 2-3 year lag between the P2000 and P2000sk.  I mean, I would love to see a VP9sk or VP9c, but I'm just not going to get spun about about having one because I don't think one is on the way anytime soon.  I hope I'm wrong, but then again the lag time between the USP and USPc was pretty short if I remember correctly, so it's not as if HK isn't capable of quickly engineering a scaled down model of an existing firearm.  I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just don't see any urgency on the part of HK to introduce a subcompact version of the VP9.  The P30 came out in roughly 2006, and the P30sk only came out in the second half of 2015, roughly a 9 year lag.  The P2000 was quicker, but still a 2-3 year lag between the P2000 and P2000sk.  I mean, I would love to see a VP9sk or VP9c, but I'm just not going to get spun about about having one because I don't think one is on the way anytime soon.  I hope I'm wrong, but then again the lag time between the USP and USPc was pretty short if I remember correctly, so it's not as if HK isn't capable of quickly engineering a scaled down model of an existing firearm.  I guess we'll see.
View Quote
The lapse is great for giving us time to save up though
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top