Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/11/2015 2:29:34 AM EDT
May buy my first HK soon, a p30sk. The grip is amazing. I keep hearing how the LEM trigger is all the rage. I can't seem to find them in stock except one that someone was trying to get over 700 for. I have found the v3 da/sa under 600 abundantly. How do you like the trigger on the v3 p30sk and is it worth it to hold out and hope they dump some more v1's into the market soon?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
not sure if its the same on the p30's, but as for a v1 vs v3 the trigger is the same, v1 is sa/da with de cocker and safety, v3 is sa/da decocker no saftey

both my usp's are V3, converted from v1, if it is the same ont he p30 as the usp its just a plate that you change

you could always buy the gun in the cheapest variant and send it off to get a lem trigger put in it
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
here are the p30sk variants that were offered from the factory.

OP I would try to get a hold of an LEM before biting.  It is a nice trigger, I like it but not everyone does.  Also do not buy a V3 and convert it because the conversion is not condoned by HK for the P30.  You will have a hole in your frame where the de-cocked used to be.  It will also void your lifetime warranty if you are buying new.  Good luck on the search it seems the variant 1 is hard to come buy as many HK fans like the LEM.  

The following from HK website:

Available Configurations

– P30SK 9mm (V1) "light LEM DOA w/two 10rd mags – 730901K A5, MSRP $719

– P30SK 9mm (V3) DA/SA rear decocking button w/two 10rd mags – 730903K A5, MSRP $719

– P30SKS 9mm (V3) DA/SA ambidextrous safety lever/rear decocking button w/two 10rd mags 730903KS A5, MSRP $719

– P30SK 9mm (V1) "light LEM DOA w/three 10rd mags w/night sights – 730901KLE A5, MSRP $819

– P30SK 9mm (V3) DA/SA rear decocking button w/three 10rd mags w/night sights – 730903KLE A5, MSRP $819

– P30SKS 9mm (V3) DA/SA ambidextrous safety lever/rear decocking button w/three 10rd mags w/night sights 730903KSLE A5, MSRP $719
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, with the p30's,

V1= light lem
V2= heavy lem
V3= SA/DA
An s means it has a safety (V3s for example).

Try the lem before you buy. I run it on both my work guns and like it a lot, but there is a learning curve. When I first started running it, I pulled every shot left (I'm right handed). Just a fact of life on a looooooooong trigger pull. After some serious practice, I now shoot an lem better than everything but a good SAO.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Do they make a p30sk v2? The heavy lem sounds ideal.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know if they sell them this way but the difference between heavy and light LEM is the trigger return spring. (<$10) I prefer heavy or more specifically the version referred to as the Todd Green version.  Heavy return spring, light firing pin block spring, lighter regular DA/SA hammer spring.  To me light version has light take up and a distinct wall where the trigger breaks.  Heavy version masks the wall better.  Easier on this one to pull straight through to the break and ignore the wall.  I'm still learning my LEM trigger but I'm better if I just pull the trigger and not try to stage it. FWIW on my HK45 the take up is just over 4lbs and the break is around 6.5lbs.  -J

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't know if they sell them this way but the difference between heavy and light LEM is the trigger return spring. (<$10) I prefer heavy or more specifically the version referred to as the Todd Green version.  Heavy return spring, light firing pin block spring, lighter regular DA/SA hammer spring.  To me light version has light take up and a distinct wall where the trigger breaks.  Heavy version masks the wall better.  Easier on this one to pull straight through to the break and ignore the wall.  I'm still learning my LEM trigger but I'm better if I just pull the trigger and not try to stage it. FWIW on my HK45 the take up is just over 4lbs and the break is around 6.5lbs.  -J  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see my question was answered above, jordanj posted a list of available models.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top