[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Night sights
View Quote

and a third mag
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:00:16 AM EDT
[#3]
nothing to do with trigger weight pull or anything?

also, how is the trigger compared to m&p apex triggers?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
No, just the sights and third mag.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the VP9 trigger is better out of the box.  The M&P with an apex is lighter than the stock VP9.  I have both the M&P with an Apex and a VP9 done by Grayguns.  The reset is shorter on my M&P with the Apex.  The Grayguns VP9 is more crisp.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the VP9 trigger is better out of the box.  The M&P with an apex is lighter than the stock VP9.  I have both the M&P with an Apex and a VP9 done by Grayguns.  The reset is shorter on my M&P with the Apex.  The Grayguns VP9 is more crisp.
View Quote

We are talking about the same Apex right? im referring to the duty/carry version.

since you have both the m&p and vp9. any preference?

is the vp9 the same size as the full size m&p? im hoping for something closer to the glock 19,
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The vp9 is more like the size of a glock 17. Nothing as far as I know is about the size of a 19 with the same capacity.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The vp9 is more like the size of a glock 17. Nothing as far as I know is about the size of a 19 with the same capacity.
View Quote

CZ p07 and p01
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

CZ p07 and p01
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ p07 and p01

Yeah but those are hammer fired, I imagine he wants striker fired but I may be wrong. I think one of the sig p320's might be glock 19 size
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah but those are hammer fired, I imagine he wants striker fired but I may be wrong. I think one of the sig p320's might be glock 19 size
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ p07 and p01

I've shot the G19 and P320c back to back. IMO they're similar but the 320 felt thicker and bulkier. It shot well though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've shot the G19 and P320c back to back. IMO they're similar but the 320 felt thicker and bulkier. It shot well though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ p07 and p01

Its the closest though. M&p9c is inbetween glock 26 and 19. I think the cz p01 might be but thats hammer fired. I like both striker and hammer fired so to me it doesn't matter. I do like the hk p2000 though for carry.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ p07 and p01

You're thinking about the P320C. It's smaller than the VP9.

For the OP's sake, here's a comparison between the VP9 and 320. If I had a G19 I'd compare that too but Glocks don't do it for me and unlike GD, they are far from being the only answer.

I know we're in an HK forum but my only two issues with the 320 is that it needs a smidgen more aggressive texture, especially in the backstrap by the palm, and the take down lever needs the lip to be replaced by user dremeling/grinding or Sig? aftermarket making a more minimal lever minus that darn lip on it which eats my thumb.

I think I may buy the large frame to see if I get more grip on the backstrap and I'll just have a local shop do the grinding to solve both issues.

If you still want the VP9 OP, it's the best striker FWIW in my experience, and the 320 follows behind it if the user adjusts to it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]
At least initially, there were three VP9 part numbers. The only difference was the accessories.

Standard sights & 2 mags
Night sights & 2 mags
Night sights & 3 mags

The "LE" package was the latter of those three.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We are talking about the same Apex right? im referring to the duty/carry version.

is the vp9 the same size as the full size m&p? im hoping for something closer to the glock 19,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I much prefer the feel of the VP9 in my hand.  The VP9 has an amazing grip.  The VP9 is the same size as the Glock19.  M&P is larger.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]
The LE has a steel guide rod too I believe. I dunno though, read it somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I much prefer the feel of the VP9 in my hand.  The VP9 has an amazing grip.  The VP9 is the same size as the Glock19.  M&P is larger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I have reports of it being the size of the Glock 17 and Glock 19, lol.  

Me personally, I think the Glock 19 is the perfect full-size for a "Compact".  I really like the M&Pc size for carry though.  Almost same capacity with a smaller frame.

I'm hoping the VP9 will fill that Glock 19 size.  I guess I will need to see one in store to get a better feel.  The last HK I messed around with was the HK USP.  That thing was a brick.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Me personally, I think the Glock 19 is the perfect full-size for a "Compact".  I really like the M&Pc size for carry though.  Almost same capacity with a smaller frame.

I'm hoping the VP9 will fill that Glock 19 size.  I guess I will need to see one in store to get a better feel.  The last HK I messed around with was the HK USP.  That thing was a brick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't see my post?

It is not the same size as a G19. The closest to a G19 is the 320C

With the right holster you can easily conceal the VP9, I'd never settle for less when it's my life at stake.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You didn't see my post?

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FX-Hummel-Sig-P320-vs-G19-2.jpg

With the right holster you can easily conceal the VP9, I'd never settle for less when it's my life at stake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't see my post?

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FX-Hummel-Sig-P320-vs-G19-2.jpg

I do not have any experience with a 320.  I will not be CC the VP9.  It will be used for open carry situations.  If it's as large as I think it is.  I'll wait for the Compact variant.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The last HK I messed around with was the HK USP.  That thing was a brick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The last HK I messed around with was the HK USP.  That thing was a brick.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_29/150833__ARCHIVED_THREAD____HK_VP9.html&page=19#i1670015

Quoted:
I will not be CC the VP9.  It will be used for open carry situations.  If it's as large as I think it is.  I'll wait for the Compact variant.

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Other than the extra mag and night sights the biggest thing I was told is the warranty of the LE and non LE models.

Non LE = lifetime warranty
LE = 1 year from purchase date

I carry my VP9 on duty, but have a Non LE as I wanted trijicon HDs on my gun. The lifetime warranty was just a bonus.

Have no idea why they went this route though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Other than the extra mag and night sights the biggest thing I was told is the warranty of the LE and non LE models.

I carry my VP9 on duty, but have a Non LE as I wanted trijicon HDs on my gun. The lifetime warranty was just a bonus.

View Quote

WTF?!?!  That can't be right....Then again, I've yet to use any sort of warranty on a firearm.  If something is going to go wrong with a firearm, you'll know it very soon I would think....

Unless you buy it and not shooting it for 2-3 years.....
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

WTF?!?!  That can't be right....Then again, I've yet to use any sort of warranty on a firearm.  If something is going to go wrong with a firearm, you'll know it very soon I would think....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the warranty statement:

It draws the distinction for retail customers vs. LE/MIL customers, but I would have a hard time believing that it applied to retail customers purchasing VP9LE models.

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/082C86A8-8A0B-43E9-A42B-7CB4142DBB76_zpseqroozny.jpg

It draws the distinction for retail customers vs. LE/MIL customers, but I would have a hard time believing that it applied to retail customers purchasing VP9LE models.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/082C86A8-8A0B-43E9-A42B-7CB4142DBB76_zpseqroozny.jpg

Yeah that doesn't say the LE model is only a one year warranty.

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#24]
It was what was explained to me by an HK rep when we called the LE division through my previous dept. We were giving them a bit of a hard time about lack of mags and warranty(they brought up the differences in warranty). The rep on the phone said it applied to the LE models, but he may have gotten it wrong. Maybe someone should contact them to clear it up.

Either way I would still buy any I came across. I have 3 so far and am very pleased with them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It was what was explained to me by an HK rep when we called the LE division through my previous dept. We were giving them a bit of a hard time about lack of mags and warranty(they brought up the differences in warranty). The rep on the phone said it applied to the LE models, but he may have gotten it wrong. Maybe someone should contact them to clear it up.

Either way I would still buy any I came across. I have 3 so far and am very pleased with them.
View Quote
Your department issues them?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#26]
No, but it is approved for duty use. A few officers bought them and could not locate enough mags for duty use in time for quals.

We went ahead and let them qual on 2 primary guns and let them make the switch when more mags came in.

I didn't really get into it until the last few months, but love the guns now. Have never had a problem with any of them. 2 are dedicated to duty use and 1 is my suppressed HD gun.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, but it is approved for duty use. A few officers bought them and could not locate enough mags for duty use in time for quals.

We went ahead and let them qual on 2 primary guns and let them make the switch when more mags came in.

I didn't really get into it until the last few months, but love the guns now. Have never had a problem with any of them. 2 are dedicated to duty use and 1 is my suppressed HD gun.
View Quote
If you need more mags, the SAR show is next month in Phoenix on the 4,5, and 6. You'll be able to find them there plenty.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:26:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I am good at 7 mags each right now. My other guys were hard up during the shortage when the vp9 first came on the market. They are good to go now. I would stock up on a few more if I can find them for under $40, but not sure if that's gonna happen anytime soon
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am good at 7 mags each right now. My other guys were hard up during the shortage when the vp9 first came on the market. They are good to go now. I would stock up on a few more if I can find them for under $40, but not sure if that's gonna happen anytime soon
View Quote

Prepper Gun Shop had them for $29 a week or so back. I see they are $35 now...
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I want a VP9 LE.  Now just need to find one locally.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I just picked up a VP9LE and bought five extra mags. Got the 5 extra mags for $150 though a deal on HK pro forums.
Got it for my 14 year old son for Christmas! Hey it's what he wants and Daddy has no trouble with that.
VP9LE with eight mags time to hit the reloading bench.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#32]
I just picked up a VP9LE and bought five extra mags. Got the 5 extra mags for $150 though a deal on HK pro forums.
Got it for my 14 year old son for Christmas! Hey it's what he wants and Daddy has no trouble with that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm on there, IM with details?

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top