Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/30/2015 11:02:57 PM EDT
Got to handle one of these today and I was very impressed.  The display model had, I believe, the mid-sized backstrap installed.  Makes it a little too Glockish to suit me with that hump.  My question is, is the grip's backstrap flat if you use the small backstrap insert?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty flat. Nowhere near glock's hump.

Patata pic:

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
you can also change the sides of the grip, just find the right combo to fit your hand
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you can also change the sides of the grip, just find the right combo to fit your hand
View Quote

That's really the biggest thing that has me tuned in to this pistol.  My biggest problem with pistols like Glocks is that the grips are flat sided...no palm swell at all on either side.  I have a really hard time with grips like that.  The ability to change the palm swell on the VP9 is a very attractive feature for me.  My only concern about the VP9 as a carry gun is that, while the trigger is nice, the pull weight itself is a little light for my comfort.  I don't mind a heavier trigger as long as it doesn't have a harsh break.  A slightly stronger trigger reset spring might do the job.  Then again the take up is long enough maybe it's not an issue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's really the biggest thing that has me tuned in to this pistol.  My biggest problem with pistols like Glocks is that the grips are flat sided...no palm swell at all on either side.  I have a really hard time with grips like that.  The ability to change the palm swell on the VP9 is a very attractive feature for me.  My only concern about the VP9 as a carry gun is that, while the trigger is nice, the pull weight itself is a little light for my comfort.  I don't mind a heavier trigger as long as it doesn't have a harsh break.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's really the biggest thing that has me tuned in to this pistol.  My biggest problem with pistols like Glocks is that the grips are flat sided...no palm swell at all on either side.  I have a really hard time with grips like that.  The ability to change the palm swell on the VP9 is a very attractive feature for me.  My only concern about the VP9 as a carry gun is that, while the trigger is nice, the pull weight itself is a little light for my comfort.  I don't mind a heavier trigger as long as it doesn't have a harsh break.

The HK has the most comfortable grip IMO. I don't think the trigger is too light. Did you try the trigger out at your LGS?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The HK has the most comfortable grip IMO. I don't think the trigger is too light. Did you try the trigger out at your LGS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did.  Very consistent weight throughout the length of the pull, nice break.  Very easy to dry fire and keep the sights absolutely still.  Decent reset.  I didn't have a trigger pull gauge with me, but I'd guess it was somewhere around 5 lbs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I used the small on all 3 sides.  Wear large gloves but that seemed to fit the best.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The most comfortable grip I've tried on a handgun lately has been the M&P9.  The shape of it is absolutely perfect.  The VP9 was not as good...but it wasn't bad either.  And the M&P's trigger is horrible compared to the VP9.  Decisions decisions....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get the VP9 grip close to the M&P with the small panels.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can get the VP9 grip close to the M&P with the small panels.
View Quote

I'd probably need the medium size panels on the side.  I really like a good sized palm swell.

I think the VP9 is at the top of my list now.  I won't even bother asking about reliability, HK has always been first rate in that department.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I did.  Very consistent weight throughout the length of the pull, nice break.  Very easy to dry fire and keep the sights absolutely still.  Decent reset.  I didn't have a trigger pull gauge with me, but I'd guess it was somewhere around 5 lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5.5 and almost very consistent each time it is fine for a carry piece :)
vp9triggertest
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I went with the Medium side panels and the small back strap. Then a quick clean to get the shipping grease off. Relubed and off to the range.
Problem with this gun is I shoot all my ammo and then go looking for more. It's very comfortable and accurate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Even though my hands are large, I still use the small panels all the way around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went with the Medium side panels and the small back strap. Then a quick clean to get the shipping grease off. Relubed and off to the range.
Problem with this gun is I shoot all my ammo and then go looking for more. It's very comfortable and accurate.
View Quote
Mine shoots better than my Loaded 1911 that's been upgraded at Springfield to TRP standard.

Kinda makes one wonder about the purpose of life afterwards
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top