Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 5:15:31 PM EDT
Trying to figure out which to get. Leaning towards the P30sk v3 because of the decocker. Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the version 1 LEM trigger and I really like the trigger. It is preloaded when you rack the slide and has a very short reset. It does have a pretty long travel compared to a striker fired trigger, but there is little pressure until the release and then it is about 5lb.

The only DA/SA trigger that I have is a P229 and I like the LEM trigger better.

Many prefer the DA/SA and I have no problem using my P229, but I carry the P30SK V.1

Try to check them out before you buy and then decide. I had to buy it without trying it, but I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
HK p30sk v1 LEM /thread
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HK p30sk v1 LEM /thread
View Quote
+1

Far superior to DA/SA IMO
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the P30sk V1 version. The LEM trigger is great I would try it before you make your final decision. Also the grip panels allow you to fit to your hand. On mine none of the panels are the same group it just fit better mixing. Also just added the Tijicon HD's helped with my aging eyes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all for your responses.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been wondering the same thing as I'm looking at the p30sk for my next carry piece. I'm getting the impression most people like the LEM, and I'm already used to striker fired pistols that have a consistent trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#7]
The difference between the first pull and the subsequent pulls on the DA/SA V3 is difficult for some.  Even with practice.

The V1 LEM is the way to go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been wondering the same thing as I'm looking at the p30sk for my next carry piece. I'm getting the impression most people like the LEM, and I'm already used to striker fired pistols that have a consistent trigger pull.
View Quote

I got the P30 sk v3 because I like the decocker and it does have a safety if need be. Only the first shot is a different trigger pull and if need be you can always cock the hammer back before firing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#9]
P30 newb here, but is the P30 V3 the same as the old USP V1?  As in you can carry cocked and locked?  I'm also thinking of adding a P30 to my HK collection and I like being able to carry condition 1.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

P30 newb here, but is the P30 V3 the same as the old USP V1?  As in you can carry cocked and locked?  I'm also thinking of adding a P30 to my HK collection and I like being able to carry condition 1.
View Quote
Not the same as v1 on the USP. A P30 V3 is da/sa with decocker.  If you want a da/sa with safety level you want a p30s.  The s indicates safety lever.  Remember on the p30 the decocker is rear mounted so the safety and decocker are not on the same lever as they are on the usp.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Before the OP assumes LEM is the way to go, just a counterpoint.  

I've had 3 HK LEM guns over the years, which have all been sold and replaced with DA/SA.  I don't like the LEM trigger at all, for me it takes away any enjoyment to shooting.  And for the record, that's the same way I feel about the Sig DAK trigger.  

My new P30SK is v3, try before you choose a variant!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Before the OP assumes LEM is the way to go, just a counterpoint.  

I've had 3 HK LEM guns over the years, which have all been sold and replaced with DA/SA.  I don't like the LEM trigger at all, for me it takes away any enjoyment to shooting.  And for the record, that's the same way I feel about the Sig DAK trigger.  

My new P30SK is v3, try before you choose a variant!
View Quote

I like v3 also.
If you're taking a fully aimed, slower shot, just pull back the hammer.
If you're bladed at 45 degrees, drawing and shooting, you'll never notice the difference in the 1st pull being harder anyway.
And I like the fact I can put my thumb on the hammer while holstering it to make sure is safe going in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got the P30 sk v3 because I like the decocker and it does have a safety if need be. Only the first shot is a different trigger pull and if need be you can always cock the hammer back before firing.
View Quote

My wife carries the p30sk v3s- in DA/SA the trigger isn't the greatest, but I love the ability for different carry options. I plan on getting one for myself= the wife likes cocked and locked and I prefer DA/SA
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I recently purchased the P30SKS SA/DA, with safety & decocker.  The trigger is indeed something you must get used to.  Double taps require good trigger control. The reset is exceeding long.  My preference is for a much shorter reset like I have with my FNX 45.  I ended up getting springs from HK Parts to reduce the trigger pull.weight. SA is now down to 5.5 lbs from 7.5.  This is a trigger system that insists upon adequate training time.  I like the gun for CC, but have still got to master the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]
get both. i did
p30sk v1 lem
p2000 v3
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I think this week I will be picking up either a P2000sk or a P30sk.  It will be my first subcompact gun, and will likely replace my CZ75 compact as my EDC.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up the P30sk v3 and love it. I also have a CZ 75d pcr and really like it also. My choice for concealed is the HK. But only because it's a bit smaller.
Quoted:
I think this week I will be picking up either a P2000sk or a P30sk.  It will be my first subcompact gun, and will likely replace my CZ75 compact as my EDC.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you carried it yet?  How does the texture feel?  I think the thing I would prefer about the p2000sk is the fact that the sides of the grips are a little smoother.

Also, for anybody that knows, are they both pretty much the same gun internally?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#19]
The texture is fine and you have several options on grips that come with it so you can match your grip as you like. They really are great shooting guns.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I went ahead and had my go-to LGS order me a p2000sk LEM. They had a p30sk in stock, and the LGS down the street had some of each (but was asking 900-1100 for them ) so I should be getting it within the week.  

I really liked the feel of the p30sk, but I just felt like I would be more comfortable carrying the p2000sk.  Anyways, I will post some pics when I get it, either at the end of the week or the beginning of next week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well I went ahead and had my go-to LGS order me a p2000sk LEM. They had a p30sk in stock, and the LGS down the street had some of each (but was asking 900-1100 for them ) so I should be getting it within the week.  

I really liked the feel of the p30sk, but I just felt like I would be more comfortable carrying the p2000sk.  Anyways, I will post some pics when I get it, either at the end of the week or the beginning of next week.
View Quote

what did you pay for it?
if you dont mind me asking...
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#23]
After taxes it was 700 and change out the door.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
After taxes it was 700 and change out the door.
View Quote

nice. i paid lower,but then again,i got a smokin deal on both.
thats a good otd price on the gun! you will love it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope so!  I can't wait.  It will be my first "subcompact" even though it is a little bit bigger than what I normally consider a subcompact.

But it is smaller (and lighter) than the CZ75Compact I have been carrying.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Well it came in much sooner than I expected.  I really like it, I like the trigger a lot, and I can't wait to take her out and put her through her paces!
" />
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well it came in much sooner than I expected.  I really like it, I like the trigger a lot, and I can't wait to take her out and put her through her paces!
http://<a href=http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc417/tim151515/3b0f4b9d-a676-4200-8836-a6b6db9668b3_zpse3qi2le1.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Excellent op. I just got in my Theis owb holster for my p30sk and it's a great holster
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I finally got my hands on a P30SK yesterday and I must say that it's not what I was expecting. It felt much larger in the slide than for whatever preconceived notions that I had led me to imagine or believe it would be. It made the gun feel a tad top heavy, now this is of course was with an unloaded gun but it was extremely noticeable regardless. I am going to reserve an opportunity to shoot one before I completely disregard it as a subcompact 9mm option but I think I've just become spoiled with all of these pocket sized carry numbers on the market and maybe now I'm biased towards the full size slide Subs?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#29]
In my opinion, if you are looking at their subcompacts and hoping for something like a Shield or even a Glock 26, like you said, you are going to be disappointed with the size.

If I am going to compare them to Glocks, I think the "SK" line would actually be somewhere between the subcompact and compact line, as far as size goes. The fact is that HK handguns, at least the ones based of the USP, have always run a little bit on the larger side. I know this may be a negative thing for many, if not most people, especially when looking for a gun that is a dedicated CCW.

I have to say though, personally, as someone who has always been in the compact to full sized arena as far as handguns go, but just wanted something a little bit smaller and lighter than what I was carrying, the "subcompact" HKs are the perfect size.  But like I said, I can see how some may consider them too large for what they are.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Love my P2000SK LEM. The size and shape of the slide in a CCC Shaggy AIWB holster just make it disappear, it conceals VERY well. It has replaced my ubiquitous G19 for EDC for a few months going now, even as the weather got colder.

Not getting rid of the 19 by any stretch, but needless to say I've been very impressed with the P2000SK.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#31]
So my main carry is a P2000 in 9mm (V2) and I'm thinking of going down to the SK with the same trigger.  I've never handled or fired the P30 line, but don't see the need for a full Picatinny Rail when carrying.  I know the P2000 line also has the ability to add a light, but it doesn't look as aggressive compared to the P30.  Just my opinion.  

My main question is my HK case that my P2000 came in says V2 LEM, but also says "LGT/DAO" on the label.  Does this mean that it is actually the lighter version?  Want to make sure I get the same trigger setup if I go to the SK.  

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top