Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:51:34 PM EDT
anyone use one? do they work?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote
Buy a Taran Tactical XD mag extension and use that. Should be able to get 6 more rounds extra and not have a crazy long mag sticking out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy a Taran Tactical XD mag extension and use that. Should be able to get 6 more rounds extra and not have a crazy long mag sticking out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont mind, i'm use to using g18 mags in my 19 too so bring it on!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only heard one report and it was not good.

Claimed they are mostly plastic, fragile, and do not reliably lock the slide back. At nearly $100 each, I'm waiting on more reports (that will have to be positive) before picking one up
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Claimed they are mostly plastic, fragile, and do not reliably lock the slide back. At nearly $100 each, I'm waiting on more reports (that will have to be positive) before picking one up
View Quote
Are you speaking of this model?

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-VP9-P30-USPC-P2000-30-Round-Mag-ON-SALE-15p17172.htm

that's the one i bought. will report back after the weekend. i didnt look close enough when i bought it, it is just a plastic extension base to a steel mags. not the best but we'll see. i'll abuse it some to see how it holds up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
that's the one i bought. will report back after the weekend. i didnt look close enough when i bought it, it is just a plastic extension base to a steel mags. not the best but we'll see. i'll abuse it some to see how it holds up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-VP9-P30-USPC-P2000-30-Round-Mag-ON-SALE-15p17172.htm

Good man! I have searched high and low for any reviews and came up empty.

Not to burden you further but take pics and make a thorough review and you can be an Internet hero. lol
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not to burden you further but take pics and make a thorough review and you can be an Internet hero. lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I recently picked one up. Shot 90 rounds through it, no problems.

I have it on the nightstand loaded with 30 147 HSTs
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

roger that. i'll do some drops to the ground and hard inserts. anything else seem appropriate?

i'll also get it loaded up tonight and let it sit until shooting this weekend.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
roger that. i'll do some drops to the ground and hard inserts. anything else seem appropriate?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try firing sideways and upside down maybe is all I can think of. Detailed pics of the mag. How many rounds are you shooting, curious?

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that plus a mag racks up close to $100 each. If you YouTube HK P30 30 round one shooting video comes up and in the comments section the owner gives his poor experience. This was the only review I could find
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah that plus a mag racks up close to $100 each. If you YouTube HK P30 30 round one shooting video comes up and in the comments section the owner gives his poor experience. This was the only review I could find
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill be damned. Can you post a link. I'm coming up, no luck.

Eta: found it. Ambiguous because someone else had good things to say.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#12]
i'll say one thing for this 30 round P30/VP mag, if you dont have a loading tool, it gets a bit hard after the 20th round. even with the LULA tool it required some effort to compress.

even though the spring was super strong it seated into the pistol with 30 rounds in it just like a normal mag. maybe thats a testament to the pistol itself and its mag catch?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i'll say one thing for this 30 round P30/VP mag, if you dont have a loading tool, it gets a bit hard after the 20th round. even with the LULA tool it required some effort to compress.

even though the spring was super strong it seated into the pistol with 30 rounds in it just like a normal mag. maybe thats a testament to the pistol itself and its mag catch?
View Quote
Did you get a chance to put it through its paces this weekend?

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one.  It works great - no issues.  As was stated, the last 10rnds are a bear (as they should be), but you don't need a loading tool.  It's a neat design.

I'm looking forward to the HK45 variant that's supposed to be coming.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i did but i dont have a professional review to give, just that the mag functioned perfectly. locked back on the last round and fed with rapid fire too. didnt do any drops to see if it would break. i didnt really want to find out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have one.  It works great - no issues.  As was stated, the last 10rnds are a bear (as they should be), but you don't need a loading tool.  It's a neat design.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback. I have an HK45 as well, I would like a high cap for it too. :)

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#17]
i just called HK parts about the HK45 mag extensions...she said they had a prototype recently and its about 3 more months for the production ones. forgot to ask what the capacity was going to be...damn it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

i just called HK parts about the HK45 mag extensions...she said they had a prototype recently and its about 3 more months for the production ones. forgot to ask what the capacity was going to be...damn it!
View Quote
damn I'd be in for a few depending on quality/price

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought several of those and built 3 up for my 9mm and .40 P2000 guns.
Used them several times and they worked just fine for me in both guns and calibers.
I Don't think I gave $75 for them, thought it was less.
I bought mine out of the 1st and 2nd batch I think.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top