Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2015 9:57:21 PM EDT
I just finished up three days of handgun classes with Larry Vickers.

Vickers was using his HK VP9 with Grayguns action work on the trigger for the first time. Granted LAV is a fantastic handgun shooter, but the man was truly/literally ecstatic with his results and we who were watching were blown away.

I was next to him as he was shooting and as he snapped his pics as we were looking at the target I just said, "Holy crap, Larry." He said, "F yes!"

Here is the result of Vickers shooting the VP9 with trigger work for the first time. First 15 shots fired from 10 meters. Shots were taken fairly quickly.

Here is the result of his shooting of the VP9 the next day, with weak hand, first picture, and strong hand only, second picture. The drill was to shoot from 3-6-9 yards, on a random timer beep, as the beep sounded. There was no way to anticipate the shots.

Weak hand:

Strong hand:

Click image for larger version.  Name: stronghand.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 9.5 KB  ID: 34248
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
LAV said, he liked his HK VP9 a lot but the trigger work took it to a whole new level. Said he has never fired a better striker action trigger system.

Here is what he wrote on his Facebook page:

"Today I officially announce that in my opinion the Grayguns tuned HK VP9 is the 'P210 of polymer framed handguns' - for those that know how accurate the SIG P210 is that is a huge compliment. The 2 targets posted are from shooting my VP9 on back to back 3-6-9 drills - first STRONG hand only then WEAK hand only !!! My students know what the 3-6-9 drill is and they will attest these are very impressive targets - let alone one handed. Nuff said."
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there for the Sunday class. I witnessed it. I dry fired it multiple times. My VP9 is being sent to Bruce Gray ASAP. I have an M&P with an Apex kit that was further tweaked by my gunsmith. The Gray Guns VP9 action blows it away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
ive read all about this over the past few weeks and its really made me wonder if its THAT much better and worth the price.
Now that the vp9 is in ample stock and 2nd hand prices are down some I may snag a second one to send off so i'm not without my vp9 for 3-6 months.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. While my VP9 trigger is almost as good as the PPQ I used to have, its hard to believe it can be that much better. I have seen some posts where guys have done their version of the old Glock .25 trigger job and also put a spring kit in. I don't know what magic GG is doing but I would love to try a GG modified gun next to my stock gun and see what the difference is.

I definitely wouldn't just ship mine off the GG though. One of the reasons I got the VP9 was the price point and almost as good as PPQ trigger. Adding an expensive trigger job kinda puts the price point on a different level.

I just had a personal issue with Walthers CS.or I would have stayed with it,
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well its in the mail and off to GG as of today!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, looking forward to your report. I can't imagine a $300 improvement but I'd like to hear your impressions. I wish I could shoot them side by side by it would cost more in gas than the mod
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, looking forward to your report. I can't emailed a $300 improvement but I'd like to hear your impressions. I wish I could shoot them side by side by it would cost more in gas than the mod
View Quote

Yeah, I checked the site and figured the trigger job was the package listed at $299.

I'll just have to live vicariously through others.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure I'm not good enough of a handgun shooter to appreciate a GG trigger job. I think I'll work with my VP9 with the stock trigger for a while and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't doubt it, my stock VP9 shoots lights out. I've been a glock guy for awhile, and it's still what I carry, but my first outing with the VP9 yielded slightly smaller groups than my daily carry 19&26. My groups look roughly like the second pic at 10m, but only when I slow wayyyyyy down. No doubt vickers got all fifteen off before I shot 2 lol

Now if only they will make a long slide and compact version, I may finally get rid of my glocks, something I thought could never happen. I may have to keep the 19 or Arfcom would run would me out of town
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone get their VP9 back from GG yet? Would still like to hear how it went, how long it took and how much and do you think it was worth it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anyone get their VP9 back from GG yet? Would still like to hear how it went, how long it took and how much and do you think it was worth it.
View Quote
They quote 12 weeks. It will be awhile before we hear feedback I presume.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top