Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:18:57 PM EDT
So, about two years ago I bought my first HK on an impulse. It was a NIB USP 45 Tactical. And it was awesome. I've put around 525 flawless rounds down the pipe and it's a joy to shoot. But it's almost more than I need, I think.

I had plans of getting a suppressor for it and really decking it out but so far it's just sitting in my closet collecting dust. Financially speaking, a suppressor is fairly low on my list of things to get so I don't see it happening anytime soon. As such, I don't shoot it a whole lot. I also despise the ridiculously tall target sights (I understand why they are the way they are) and would rather they be night sights. So this has me thinking...

Given that I'll probably never get a can for it and dislike the sights, would it make more sense to trade/sell it and opt for a regular USP? Ideally an LE model? If I went this route, my thought is I'd wind up with something more practical, already with night sights, and score an extra magazine. The downside to this is the likely price hit I'd take and the loss of the match trigger. I've looked into getting the trigger upgraded on a regular USP via an HK armorer and it seems like it's about $300 when all said and done.

Am I crazy for thinking this? If I were to sell it, what's a fair price for the pistol (it's in immaculate condition) with the two factory mags, thread protector, and box, etc? It's been such a reliable shooter, I'm hesitant to part ways with it and get both isn't an option here.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
NO

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
IN WHAT CONTEXT?!
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Fixed my pic, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I read that you can clear an Osprey with regular USP sights. Do you know if that's possible?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The TAC is an awesome weapon! Sights can be changed to normal nite sites or adjustable nite sites which is what ,I put on mine. Keep the Tac, buy a regular USP. That's what I did,  my Tac is going nowhere. Most accurate 45 I'vee er owned.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
NO

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
A USP 45 is still a big CCW weapon....sounds like you need a new gun.  I vote keep the Tactical too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Why don't you just switch the sights to the fixed USP night sights?  You can also probably pick up a non-threaded barrel somewhere down the road.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty overwhelming voice to keep it. I suppose that would be the best bet in the long run.

I had read elsewhere that standard sights could be used with an osprey can. Does anyone know if this is the case? You would loose the adjustability feature going this route but is that even needed for POi shift?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Standard  sights are about even with an Osprey can.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#11]
So can you use standard sights with the Osprey or do you have to shoot through the can?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, about two years ago I bought my first HK on an impulse. It was a NIB USP 45 Tactical. And it was awesome. I've put around 525 flawless rounds down the pipe and it's a joy to shoot. But it's almost more than I need, I think.

I had plans of getting a suppressor for it and really decking it out but so far it's just sitting in my closet collecting dust. Financially speaking, a suppressor is fairly low on my list of things to get so I don't see it happening anytime soon. As such, I don't shoot it a whole lot. I also despise the ridiculously tall target sights (I understand why they are the way they are) and would rather they be night sights. So this has me thinking...

Given that I'll probably never get a can for it and dislike the sights, would it make more sense to trade/sell it and opt for a regular USP? Ideally an LE model? If I went this route, my thought is I'd wind up with something more practical, already with night sights, and score an extra magazine. The downside to this is the likely price hit I'd take and the loss of the match trigger. I've looked into getting the trigger upgraded on a regular USP via an HK armorer and it seems like it's about $300 when all said and done.

Am I crazy for thinking this? If I were to sell it, what's a fair price for the pistol (it's in immaculate condition) with the two factory mags, thread protector, and box, etc? It's been such a reliable shooter, I'm hesitant to part ways with it and get both isn't an option here.

View Quote

You've had the gun for two years and only shot 525 rounds through it.

Why not just get new sights for it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah... New sights would probably make the most sense. I take it the mepro are the go-to sights for the USP?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah... New sights would probably make the most sense. I take it the mepro are the go-to sights for the USP?
View Quote

I would hit Novak Sights' web site, see what they can offer. If you send them the entire gun, they'll sight it in for you, make sure it's not shooting too high/low.

*I* would opt for Trijicon night sights, IMO.

My .o2

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Heinie also make some. Either regular height or suppressor height.

There are definitely sight options out there that would probably cost less than selling your T and getting a regular. I think you'd regret it right away, OP. You'll miss the match trigger, if nothing else.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Any suggestions for a sight pusher that will work with the raised sights?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any suggestions for a sight pusher that will work with the raised sights?
View Quote

this is my tier-1 sight adjustment setup for all my pistols:
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#18]
That's pretty tier 1. Tactical chopstick ftw.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#19]
My sight pusher will not clear tall sights, tier 1 set up as above would be the go to set up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#20]
downgrade is not the word i would use,

do you plan on carrying this or no? because even if you put sights on it, its still going to collect dust if your not going to carry it. or shoot it for that matter, your doing that pistol a disservice only 525 rds over 2 years? cmon man use that thing lol

i would get sights you like, a raven concealment holster, and go from there.

they are big, but that holster helps, ive been carrying my usp 45 for about 6 years
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#21]
IM sent. Have a good idea for you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#22]
It started with one........

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm usually all for doing what you got to do but in this case GOD NO

There's nothing practical about a USP. Keep it and get a more practical gun with you want something for CCW.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#24]
If you want a USP45 that bad; I'll trade with you. Been wanting a USP45-T for a while.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It started with one........

<a href="http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/jkh62/media/Mark%2023/HKFamily_zps8fee003b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/jkh62/Mark%2023/HKFamily_zps8fee003b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/jkh62/media/Mark%2023/MK23Osprey_zps3517d74b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/jkh62/Mark%2023/MK23Osprey_zps3517d74b.jpg</a>
View Quote

Yeah; they kinda grown on you, don't they?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm usually all for doing what you got to do but in this case GOD NO

There's nothing practical about a USP. Keep it and get a more practical gun with you want something for CCW.
View Quote

How is a USP not practical?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

you lost me..
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Well low on my list compared to other staples id like to get in the near future. An Osprey would be pretty sweet...

Leaning towards tossing a set of Mepro's on it here soon unless there's some other option out there that's more attractive.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Labor Dale sale on osprey 45 $499.  Go to the suppressor section for details.  That's not much more than a good set of night sights...well, if you're jonesing for a suppressor!

I'm looking for a tactical so I'm me what you want for your tactical.  However, you should not sell it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
oO I may have to check into that. Sounds like a good deal.

Thanks!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top