Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/17/2015 8:40:32 PM EDT
I got a P30sk recently and my fifth digit just does not fit on the grip.  Being a compact this is not such a big deal, but if possible I like to have a full grip.  I looked into what I could do to accomplish this since, at the moment, HK does not make an extended grip floorplate for the P30sk.  Here is a picture of my grip with the P30sk magazine.

It turns out that the P30sk uses the same mags as a P2000sk with a different floor plate.  I picked up some P2000sk floor plates to see if they fit.  They don't...Well, they didn't.  You could force the mag into place and it will seat, however, you can tell that it does not want to fit in there.  With a few modifications a P2000sk floor plate with extended grip will fit the P30sk.  The magazine will seat easily into place and it will easily drop free.  It may take just a hair more pressure to get it to seat, but it is not noticeable or measurable.  Here is a picture comparing the P30sk mag to the P2000sk mag:

Tools needed for modification:  Sandpaper.

Basically you just need to hit the top corners of the mag floor plate with some sandpaper and remove a bit of material for the magazine to fit into mag well.  Take just a bit of material off at a time and check fitment.  Stop removing material when the magazine seats and drops free easily.  Here are some pictures of the stock vs modded floor plate.  Stock first.  Modded second.

Stock:

Modded:

Now with the modification completed, this is what my grip on the pistol looks like:

Keep in mind, I have smaller hands.  If you have larger hands you probably still will not be able to fit you 5th digit on the handle for a full grip.  For the cost of a new floor plate, however, its worth a try.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have tiny surgeon's hands and I just put my pinky underneath the mag as designed.  It's very comfortable to shoot this way, especially two handed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have tiny surgeon's hands and I just put my pinky underneath the mag as designed.  It's very comfortable to shoot this way, especially two handed.
View Quote

Different people have different preferences.  I prefer a full grip.  This just gives people with the same preference as me another option.  You don't have to do it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Different people have different preferences.  I prefer a full grip.  This just gives people with the same preference as me another option.  You don't have to do it if you don't like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry if I came off as rude, not intentional.  I actually did your mod on one of my P2000sk mags just in case I were to have issues shooting without the full grip, but none came up.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry if I came off as rude, not intentional.  I actually did your mod on one of my P2000sk mags just in case I were to have issues shooting without the full grip, but none came up.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, its okay my friend.  Its not for everybody...but it doesn't add much to the size of the pistol and gives a full grip.  Just thought I would share in case anybody else was interested.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you OP for posting this.

I too prefer the  2000SK extended floor plate and three finger grip I can get with it over the stubby floor plate.
This covers my main concern with the 30SK. I really need to get one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thank you OP for posting this.

I too prefer the  2000SK extended floor plate and three finger grip I can get with it over the stubby floor plate.
This covers my main concern with the 30SK. I really need to get one.
View Quote

Ditto

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I put on a Taylor Freelance +0 and it gives me a perfect amount of handspace. Plus, it's only about $19 and helps with the snap of the 30sk by adding a bit of weight to it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I put on a Taylor Freelance +0 and it gives me a perfect amount of handspace. Plus, it's only about $19 and helps with the snap of the 30sk by adding a bit of weight to it.
View Quote

I also have one of those...its really nice but it does make it harder to conceal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the pictures of the modification, I like the grip of the p2000sk for my pinkie. This decides it... I'm getting a P30sk. Would probably get it anyway, but this shaves off a few weeks of thinking about it!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]
P30SK now inbound from a Gunbroker seller.
Two P2000sk extended floor plates ordered from Top Gun Supply.
Icing on the cake is that my favorite holster maker, SHTF Gear, now makes a hybrid IWB for the P30sk.

I should have it all together by next week.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Icing on the cake is that my favorite holster maker, SHTF Gear, now makes a hybrid IWB for the P30sk.

View Quote

Just picked one up from Scottsdale Gun Club ( a little sister for my VP 9 )

Ordered the Stealth Gear Onyx IWB..........
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

SGC is a great place to buy.

Have you had a Onyx holster before? I've been concerned that they look thick. Plus the price is the gray zone for me.
At a $100, I start thinking at spending only a little more and getting a Tucker Leather holster or some other premium leather rig.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Have you had a Onyx holster before? I've been concerned that they look thick. Plus the price is the gray zone for me.
At a $100, I start thinking at spending only a little more and getting a Tucker Leather holster or some other premium leather rig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This will be the first IWB holster for me.

After a 3 week wait, I'll know if I made the right  choice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a SHTF holster for my P30sk and I am not completely satisfied with it.  Not enough retention for my liking.  PM me if you would like a lightly used one for a few $ off.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a SHTF holster for my P30sk and I am not completely satisfied with it.  Not enough retention for my liking.  PM me if you would like a lightly used one for a few $ off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer but, I'm left handed and the holster is already ordered and paid for.

How is the SHTF holster too loose? The tension is adjusted by swapping out the rubber brushings.
Is yours still too loose even with the brushings removed?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer but, I'm left handed and the holster is already ordered and paid for.

How is the SHTF holster too loose? The tension is adjusted by swapping out the rubber brushings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very much so.  If you turn the holster upside down, the pistol will just fall out.  The tension is obviously better when being worn IWB and actually does work pretty well.  I would rather the kydex be molded a bit tighter though.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Use a hair dryer or heat gun to tighten it up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Another +1 to "thank you OP". Got my P30sk today from Bear Arms, not too far down the road from SGC. Was hovering between the P2000sk and the P30sk. Like several others in this thread, I like the pinkie ledge of the P2000sk mags. Good to know I can use the P2000sk floor plates with some minor mods. Thanks again OP!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top